Network Vision/LTE - South Bay Market (San Jose/Salinas/Monterey)

Xlegendxero

Hey Everyone

I apologize in advanced if there is a thread for this. I looked (yes, even with search) to find a thread regarding the south bay market. I am certain there is one since there was a topic regarding the first LTE sightings in Palo Alto and Cupertino, California.

Anyways. I just wanted to know if there are any new updates to NV for these areas. Specificially for Salinas, CA and King City CA (zip codes: 93905,93906, 93901,93930)

I ask because I have debated on either switching completely to T-Mobile or just suspend my Sprint line for 6 months and wish for the best at the end of that timeframe. Just pure drama right now with Sprint Tech Support.

Hey Everyone

I apologize in advanced if there is a thread for this. I looked (yes, even with search) to find a thread regarding the south bay market. I am certain there is one since there was a topic regarding the first LTE sightings in Palo Alto and Cupertino, California.

Anyways. I just wanted to know if there are any new updates to NV for these areas. Specificially for Salinas, CA and King City CA (zip codes: 93905,93906, 93901,93930)

I ask because I have debated on either switching completely to T-Mobile or just suspend my Sprint line for 6 months and wish for the best at the end of that timeframe. Just pure drama right now with Sprint Tech Support.

There are schedule maps available in the Premier Sponsor section. However, because of S4GRU rules, they cannot discuss what they see in there outside the Premier Sponsor section. No one would be able to comment on anything they know about the South Bay market unless they learned it from another source other than S4GRU.

Robert

• Like 2

I understand. I guess I should have asked a more general question such as: is it on track or delayed? Unless that type of question is under the same restriction.

There are live sites around the Apple campus in Cupertino. However, the rest of the market is just about to start deployment soon. At this moment, it appears to still be on schedule.

Robert

Specificially for Salinas, CA and King City CA (zip codes: 93905,93906, 93901,93930)

I don't think Salinas counts as South Bay. King City definitely doesn't. You can probably expect to get LTE there after South Bay gets LTE.

And yes, there are some live sites by 280 by the Cupertino/Sunnyvale area. I've posted some results in the "report your LTE connection here" thread. You could check Sensorly to see the exact spots, though I haven't been there myself since I started using it to report coverage.

I don't think Salinas counts as South Bay. King City definitely doesn't. You can probably expect to get LTE there after South Bay gets LTE.

And yes' date=' there are some live sites by 280 by the Cupertino/Sunnyvale area. I've posted some results in the "report your LTE connection here" thread. You could check Sensorly to see the exact spots, though I haven't been there myself since I started using it to report coverage.[/quote']

Salinas/Monterey and all of Monterey County are in Sprint's South Bay market.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Salinas/Monterey and all of Monterey County are in Sprint's South Bay market.

I stand corrected. Thanks. :)

However, as a South Bay local, I can't really consider those as South Bay. But if Sprint wants to include those as their South Bay market, then so be it.

I added some 4g on 280 today on my way to santa Cruz. Didnt go all the way to 17 but almost. Added like half a mile more to what was already there. I'll see if there's more tomorrow I can do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

I added a tiny bit more on 85 north of 280. Went off highway a couple of times, but soon as I got off back to 3g. I noticed someone added picchetti ranch and montebello road today as well. It wasn't me. Strange since its not very populous and far from the highway. Hope its a sign of things to come.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Couple more new purple dots today in Redwood City and Sunnyvale

That might be my dots in San Carlos, near the border of San Carlos and Redwood City. Got a text message from Sprint saying they were doing network upgrades in San Carlos and just saw LTE light up last night around midnight. Although I think San Mateo County is considered part of Sprint's San Francisco market.

Edited by ken830
  • Like 1

Sitting in my room facing north toward SJC in the Hyatt Place near the convention center at downtown San Jose and I've had a 4G signal that is usable for the past few hours.

• Like 2

Wow super cool to see so much LTE popping up in the last week. Even by SJC airport. Awesome! Have yet to see it light up on my phone or near my home or work, but... Still exciting! I wonder how much longer to launch? They've got to be getting closer now!

Can anyone check the boiling crab on Capitol? I'm supposed to go there next week and there are 2 in San Jose to choose from. I'll try to sway the party to go to whichever one has lte for me :-)

Can anyone check the boiling crab on Capitol? I'm supposed to go there next week and there are 2 in San Jose to choose from. I'll try to sway the party to go to whichever one has lte for me :-)

Great. Now I'm hungry. Thanks....

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Finally! I think Palo Alto is considered South Bay. post-5700-13504456751581_thumb.jpg

post-5700-13504456870306_thumb.jpg

To be fair, I went through the zone on my bike pretty quickly and the speed seemed to fluctuate while I had it. And then it was gone and I went back to the usual patchy 3G. But still, first time with LTE! I almost dropped the phone when I saw it. :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LTE IN SAN JOSE! (well, only in the morning)

I was driving to work this moring at 7:47AM and I was stuck in traffic near the corner of Capitol Expressway and Story Rd when I found out that my Samsung Galaxy S III had 4G LTE. I turned on my OOKLA app and the results are:

Ping:52ms (whatever that means)

Download: 11.18Mbps

Upload: 1.47Mbps

NOTE: I did take a screen shot of it but im not sure how change the file size of the photo in order to add it in.

• Like 1

LTE IN SAN JOSE! (well, only in the morning)

I was driving to work this moring at 7:47AM and I was stuck in traffic near the corner of Capitol Expressway and Story Rd when I found out that my Samsung Galaxy S III had 4G LTE. I turned on my OOKLA app and the results are:

You were supposed to run sensorly not ookla. :D

• 2 weeks later...

wow i have sure missed out on this thread. still waiting for LTE to arrive south of San Jose.

Last month I was in Austin and got to use LTE for a bit. it was kinda spotty to be honest. At one point I was connected but no data was going through.

Anyways just waiting to finally see that 4G icon pop up here in Salinas and King City.