Network Vision/LTE - Austin Market

t3lancer2007

Wow this thread is really quiet!

I'm traveling in this area, am Pulling Band 26 800 LTE as well as Band 41 in the I35-290 and I35-111 area

Happens when a market reaches completion. Churn slows and everyone forgets what they were complaining about for the past few years* and is just happy to have great service without switching or magenta.

• 6 months later...

Excuse my speeds. But I think some LTE core work finished in my area because my ping used to be 90-120... 098539913dd1340ad49387f6d5128115.jpg

Sent from my Shiny Band 41 capable Space Gray iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

This also happens when more sites around that area get LTE and take the burden off of the site in question.

This also happens when more sites around that area get LTE and take the burden off of the site in question.

Oops. Never mind... haha. Ah joyous days. You never know what the network is doing26def9e6f2e79cc1abcf8da2f995a2cb.jpg

How is this even possible after NV? Do they not care about 3G anymore?

Merged with market thread.

you have no data because you lost the signal or your phone is just weird.

When you power cycle your phone does data come back? and i would think if you had a weak B41 signal it would go back to 1900mhz (b25?)

I power cycled when this happened, but still had no data. I don't think it's the phone. It came back eventually... Strangely.

This disappointed me in so many ways yesterday. Speeds like this are unacceptable in my opinion on band 41. I struggled to stream spotify, it skipping constantly and I just gave up. What boggles my mind is that I saw speeds of 70 MBPS in this area a month ago... How do you go backwards? Just wondering. Lol. 0a41b17886402bb20974fed0ce28c4c3.jpgf4491a84f9716a55e986374759d1684f.jpg

This disappointed me in so many ways yesterday. Speeds like this are unacceptable in my opinion on band 41. I struggled to stream spotify, it skipping constantly and I just gave up. What boggles my mind is that I saw speeds of 70 MBPS in this area a month ago... How do you go backwards? Just wondering. Lol.

Please stop repeatedly posting slow Band 41 speed tests.  We get it, for some reason it's slow for you.  But 99.5% of the B41 tests are fast.  We don't know if it just you, your device, or where you go.  But Band 41 is screaming fast.  It is just you, so stop.

Please consult the posting guidelines.  The section regarding posting speed tests:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/?p=23426

• Like 1

Eh, I only hit 15 down on b41.

15 Mbps is fast. That's all I hit on VZW XLTE. But the difference is is that Sprint can add many B41 Spark carriers at a site. So they have a lot more capacity that can be added.
  • Like 1

15 Mbps is fast. That's all I hit on VZW XLTE. But the difference is is that Sprint can add many B41 Spark carriers at a site. So they have a lot more capacity that can be added.

Verizon has has added XLTE here and true, 15 Mbps is pretty fast. But b41 has only been live for a few weeks, and it's pretty hard to connect to. I was surprised to connect to it and get any 10+.

We still have to take into account new devices are needed to take advantage of further aggregation on any existing b41 sites. Don't forget many don't have and won't see Spark for awhile either. I'd love 15 MBPS personally especially if it was constant. Right now though, that's something a mature LTE site like the one near my house doesn't spit out until 3 in the morning if you're lucky. :P Time is key.

Verizon has has added XLTE here and true, 15 Mbps is pretty fast. But b41 has only been live for a few weeks, and it's pretty hard to connect to. I was surprised to connect to it and get any 10+.

In order to help alleviate network overcrowding they are releasing new B41 sites to commercial traffic way early before any testing and optimization is done. This is resulting in many less than prime speed test results. But when additional B41 carriers are added, additional sites come online, site and network optimizations are completed and backhaul throughput increased, speeds will perform more consistently at the higher end.
  • Like 1

It probably needs backhaul added to it if it's an old clear site. Then you have to think and possibly pray 8t8r antennas will give you the godsend speeds you expect. Otherwise you will be disappointed. Time is important. Most b41 sites out there are trash, considering they're just connected to old clear backhaul. The only sites that are good are up in Chicago and NYC. They've matured enough and are getting 8t8r.

In order to help alleviate network overcrowding they are releasing new B41 sites to commercial traffic way early before any testing and optimization is done. This is resulting in many less than prime speed test results. But when additional B41 carriers are added, additional sites come online, site and network optimizations are completed and backhaul throughput increased, speeds will perform more consistently at the higher end.

Interesting, People here are switching to Sprint like crazy. I've seen the Sprint stores busier this year, than I ever have. My internet speeds have gone down, But not like Verizons did. Sprint's Still very, very usable and enjoyable.

We still have to take into account new devices are needed to take advantage of further aggregation on any existing b41 sites. Don't forget many don't have and won't see Spark for awhile either. I'd love 15 MBPS personally especially if it was constant. Right now though, that's something a mature LTE site like the one near my house doesn't spit out until 3 in the morning if you're lucky. :P Time is key.

Nothing to take into account, because I'm not discussing carrier aggregation. I didn't forget anything. Additional B41 carriers increase capacity without carrier aggregation. Two B41 channels offer double the capacity than one, even if they are not aggregated. And 200 users spread on two channels will see much higher speeds than 200 users on one channel.

All B41 device holders benefit for each additional B41 carrier Sprint adds to a site, not just the ones with Carrier Aggregation.