Network Vision/LTE - Memphis Market

dmaxx67

I got it to lock again and tried to do a speed test' date=' but I lost the signal in the middle of it. I can't seem to get it to lock again to run sensorly.

Edit: I have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus not the Ego LTE.[/quote']

Heh, heh, heh. He said "Ego"...

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 3

I was back in the same part of town tonight and locked back on to an LTE signal. This stretch of HWY 64 near Germantown Pkwy is the only place in the city that I have been able to get a 4g signal. This time I'm running sensorly so hopefully I can provide Robert with some useful info.

I see one small LTE blip now in Sensorly off I-40 & exit 16 (North Germantown Pkwy) north of Cordova that I think might be akin to what you're talking about, its a little south of Hwy 64 though.

Edit: Should point out that you have to zoom in a bit to see it, it didn't show up for me when pulled back to the entire initial national view.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Looks like Memphis is building steam. Looks like coverage is starting in north Mississippi also.

I was hoping someone would come along. This thread has been dead for awhile. I was wondering if all the Sprint folks fled Memphis. :lol:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Yea just got LG optimus g yesterday. Awesome phone so far. While i was in the store I spoke to a guy that is in memphis upgrading the towers. He said it is going slower than it was supposed to be. Anyways from all the info i have read on this site and some interviews with sprint guys on youtube i believe that once this network is complete we will have one of the best overall networks. All the disappointment was worth it. I do know that they have come all the way down I-55 into northern MS. I am waiting to see if they have upgraded the tower I use off Starlanding Rd. I will try and get some pictures of it and post on this thread soon.

Edited by dmaxx67
  • Like 1

I was hoping someone would come along. This thread has been dead for awhile. I was wondering if all the Sprint folks fled Memphis. :lol:

I have family there... in fact when I was last in town last month my mom's house was just on the fringe of LTE coverage (sometimes I could get it in the driveway, but usually it cut out just as I turned onto her street). I'm also responsible for the Sensorly smudges northeast of Olive Branch/southwest of Collierville, due to the tower out near Forest Hill-Irene & Shelby Drive, I think.

• Like 1

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

It's been a while since been on the sight but im glad to be back!!

Yesterday I drove down Tchulohma all the way to 302 and registered 4g all the way til i drove over 302. I uploaded results on sensorly but they still havent updated. Do they have to have more than one person register 4g in an area before updating map. Is there a way for me to resend that info?

Sensorly can be slow to update at times; you may also need to zoom in and out of the area for the map tile cache to update.

Also, it's possible your info didn't upload right away; if you have a large number of "messages to send" on the Details screen, Sensorly's data collection may have been down.

Its nice to be finally be able to ride around and get 4g most of the time. I need to do some more speedtest. Anyone else been pulling numbers for memphis?

Finally got some real LTE in Olive Branch last week after my ice hockey game. Best speeds I've seen in Desoto County so far. 27Mbps Down and 8.3Mbps Up at 9:19pm from the tower in OB off Hacks Cross. I was less than a mile from it.

There was major cable trenching from Southaven to Olive Branch along Goodman Rd the past few weeks. It looked to be fiber(orange) and black conduit.

Just the other day I saw this site that isn't listed as "In Progress" with cables and pulley's hanging off of it. I don't have pics so I can't post about it in the Report In Progress thread. This site wasn't far from the trenching either.

Getwell and Goodman

Let the Sensorly mapping continue!

• Like 1

Anyone know who is laying the fiber? I hope this means i can get real high speed internet and dump my satellite internet. I miss comcast internet everyday. Without ot I cant start my new vpn project.