Best Way to Get a 5 Tomorrow?

nahum365

I'd say an Apple Store is the best shot. They generally get the largest quantities at launch, mostly since they're Apple stores (and there are a lot less of them).

Sprint stores are a possibility as well. Each Sprint store probably only gets a dozen total phones (mixed quantities of white and black, and the different capacities). They'll probably be sold out, but it's always worth a call when you're off work.

It might be counter intuitive, but the worse place is the apple store. I got my 3GS and iPad 3 at launch, and the apple stores were packed for days. I got my 3GS at an att store, and I was in and out by 8:30. Only like 3 people were ahead of me. Later that day I went to get a case for my device, and the apple store was packed. I could not even get into the store.

For my iPad 3, I actually got it at Sams Club of all places. Got to sams club at 8:56, and was the second person in line for the iPad. was out by 9:05, and I even got it 10bucks cheaper than the apple store.

Best bet it to think outside the box a little at a place people would not normally go to for those devices. Everyone wants that "apple experience", so Apple store is going to get packed early. I would not even try.

Best way to get an iPhone on launch day today?

Barge in to Phone Mart and demand, "iPhone 5. Where is the iPhone 5? I need an iPhone 5."

Alternatively, you could ask your sister if Walgreens has them.

NSFW

AJ

Best way to get an iPhone on launch day today?

Barge in to Phone Mart and demand' date=' "iPhone 5. Where is the iPhone 5? I need an iPhone 5."

Alternatively, you could ask your sister if Walgreens has them.

NSFW

AJ

I was thinking this very thing yesterday. :hah:

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I never bought an iPhone on Launch day. The hassle just isn't worth it. I used to sit there and laugh at everyone who would camp in front of stores for days thinking how stupid they must be. When the iPhone 4 launched, I was in Visalia, and drove by the at&t store day before launch, and it was quite the lineup at like 2pm. I vowed I would never do that, because it just isn't worth the risk.

I never bought an iPhone on Launch day. The hassle just isn't worth it. I used to sit there and laugh at everyone who would camp in front of stores for days thinking how stupid they must be.

Yes, the camping out is ridiculous. The sad part is that some still think of the iPhone as a status symbol. In actuality, almost the opposite is true. As it has expanded to numerous carriers and become financially feasible for most, the iPhone has become the commoners' phone, the lowest common denominator. The RAZR was the THE phone for several years, but it eventually lost its allure. I sincerely hope the same happens to the iPhone, the sooner, the better. That indicates healthy market competition.

AJ

• Like 3

The iPhone status symbol thing seems to be resistant to reality. I've seen everyone from grandmas to migrant workers with iPhones yet somehow it is still seen by many to be a status symbol. The whole idea of a cellphone as status symbol is absurd to begin with but such is modern life.

I wonder how many Apply line campers would be willing to camp out in order to vote...

walked into a local sprint store at 9am (which apparently had opened even earlier), and while they were out of stock on 16gb, I picked up a 32g white and was out in about 10 minutes.

• Like 3

A little bird told me all the Sprint stores in his market got 4 phones each so YMMV.

Sometimes you can avoid lines by showing up early at places like Target/Sams, but with iPhones it is more difficult because the phones are specific to each carrier.

Personally I'd just order one and wait for it to arrive.

People love their iPhones; you're making the assumption that there are better phones for these people's needs. That's a bit arrogant isn't it? Why is it a crime to wait in line for an iPhone but not for a new gaming console or a new movie on release day? The bulk of iPhone owners don't line up on release day, it's just the super fans and early adopters - the same as it is for any tech product.

The iPhone 5 is the first LTE phone to have the combination of light weight, thinness/small size, excellent performance, and great battery life. All other LTE phones up until now have had crap battery life or are huge bricks (relatively) to cram in a massive battery. What's not to like? Especially for those of us with large numbers of iOS apps or an investment in the Apple ecosystem.

I will never use an Android phone and couldn't give less of a s**t about them, so "new iPhone" and "a new phone" might as well be synonymous. Not saying that does or should apply to anyone else, just my personal situation. I'm excited about it so go rain on someone else's parade. You don't see the iPhone users going into the Samsung forum to crap on their launches.

• Like 1

I will never use an Android phone and couldn't give less of a s**t about them, so "new iPhone" and "a new phone" might as well be synonymous. Not saying that does or should apply to anyone else, just my personal situation. I'm excited about it so go rain on someone else's parade.

Wow, that is just sad. You really are addicted/brainwashed. xenadu is "The Applechurian Candidate."

AJ

• Like 1

Well we can just agree to disagree then.

Tell me... Why don't you try getting an iPhone for your next phone? I've tried Android devices, I don't care for them. Can you say the same about Apple? At least you can resell the iPhone for a good price and get your money back if you hate it.

• Like 1

Tell me... Why don't you try getting an iPhone for your next phone? I've tried Android devices, I don't care for them. Can you say the same about Apple? At least you can resell the iPhone for a good price and get your money back if you hate it.

I am typing this on a MacBook Air. I have an iPod touch, which I never use. I have the frames of reference. I do not want an iPhone because I do not want to have the same phone that countless other mindless people (like you?) have. And while I like Mac OS X hardware/software, I do not want to support the iOS juggernaut that has turned Apple into a corporate bully. My dislike of iOS is based on philosophy; your reliance on iOS is based on, well, addiction. And that is just sad.

AJ

Personal attacks aren't called for; I'm not mad at you, nor do I look down on you for your phone choices.

I do think you hit on something though and it relates to that Samsung ad they just put out. Why does it make iPhone customers look like idiots? Surely that won't convince someone to switch to Samsung... And that's correct, it won't. That ad is designed to appeal to people who think they are superior, smarter, or more enlightened than Apple customers. It's an appeal to sanctimonious vanity, look at all those peasants... Er iSheep... Look at how much better/smarter/morally righteous I am than those commoners.

I think this is a lot of what drives the rabid fanboy-ism on the anti and pro Apple sides... The desire to feel like you're better than other people and grasping for logical reasons to validate it. It's easy to get caught up in and I've been guilty of it at times too. In the end it's just a phone and Apple's just a company.

• Like 1

I do think you hit on something though and it relates to that Samsung ad they just put out. Why does it make iPhone customers look like idiots?

I think that the new Samsung ad (and I do not really care for Samsung) portrays so many iOS users as they actually are. No, they are not idiots. But they are largely just common people who are not particularly well informed and are caught up in a marketing fad, not so different from that of a blockbuster movie or a pop music singer. That is not exactly admirable, but it is fine, a fact of modern life. However, when the source of the fad becomes like a cult leader and wages holy war against the alternatives, do not be surprised that those who do not share the adherence to "religion" present some resistance.

AJ

Personal attacks aren't called for; I'm not mad at you, nor do I look down on you for your phone choices.

I do think you hit on something though and it relates to that Samsung ad they just put out. Why does it make iPhone customers look like idiots? Surely that won't convince someone to switch to Samsung... And that's correct, it won't. That ad is designed to appeal to people who think they are superior, smarter, or more enlightened than Apple customers. It's an appeal to sanctimonious vanity, look at all those peasants... Er iSheep... Look at how much better/smarter/morally righteous I am than those commoners.

I think this is a lot of what drives the rabid fanboy-ism on the anti and pro Apple sides... The desire to feel like you're better than other people and grasping for logical reasons to validate it. It's easy to get caught up in and I've been guilty of it at times too. In the end it's just a phone and Apple's just a company.

Naw the ad just told the truth i had to whoop one apple head some years ago and spent the night in the precinct because i pointed and laughed at the people in the line haha s##t was funny though they had tents and everything like the lord was comin back lol

Sent from my white Epic 4g Touch

Regardless of any phone, no matter how much I loved it, slept it, ate it, or whatever, I would NEVER wait in line for a phone or any other item that I could easily obtain in a few days.

If there would have been a line of more than 3 people in my Sprint store when I bought the EVO LTE on launch day I would have walked out.

Naw the ad just told the truth i had to whoop one apple head some years ago and spent the night in the precinct because i pointed and laughed at the people in the line haha s##t was funny though they had tents and everything like the lord was comin back lol

Sent from my white Epic 4g Touch

Wow. I don't know if I would brag about that. I have an intellectual argument against iOS products, not a physical one.

Robert

• Like 1

Also...I just want to remind everyone. I am all for spirited and factual debates about iPhone, Android, WP and all. However, let's keep things calm and focus on points. I've heard some really good conversations the past few days that were very rational in discussing real points and limitations of both OS'es and their hardware. And I've seen and partaken in some great debates about it.

However, most of us are above average intelligence wireless enthusiasts. We can deliver well thought out arguments and well explained counter points. Let's keep above the fray.

iPhone users are welcome at S4GRU. We are not an Android forum. We can discuss both, in the context of our mission. I would appreciate if both sides could help me strike the balance at S4GRU. I thank you all in advance.

Robert

• Like 1

I had a 64gb white on preorder from my local bestbuy......they got 2 of them and apparently I was 5th on the list. Then I get an email saying they will still get it to me before I can get it elsewhere. Yeah I'm in the apple store now getting it.

sent from my LTEVO

The iPhone 5 is the first LTE phone to have the combination of light weight, thinness/small size, excellent performance, and great battery life. All other LTE phones up until now have had crap battery life or are huge bricks (relatively) to cram in a massive battery.

So I assume you are referring to the RAZR MAXX as a huge brick... it is a whopping 0.05 inches thicker than the iPhone 5 and 1.16 ounces heavier. If you are keeping score, it is thinner and a mere 0.18 oz heavier than the 4S. That doesn't come off as a huge brick to me...

I will never use an Android phone and couldn't give less of a s**t about them, so "new iPhone" and "a new phone" might as well be synonymous.

I feel the same way about iPhones. I hate them and will never use one. Even if I have to go back to a flip phone. I'll stick with the Nexus phones.

You don't see the iPhone users going into the Samsung forum to crap on their launches.

Yes, you absolutely do see iDiots come into Samsung forums and "crap on their lunches." Just because you don't go into Samsung forums, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Almost every article on Android Central has some iDiots in the comments praising their jesus phone and how it is superior to anything Android.

• Like 1