LTE PRL with Verizon 3G Roaming?

I have the 16006 prl and I get 3G roaming on Verizon here in Rochester .... just wanted to let everybody know ..... I use it a lot here when Sprint doesn't want to work

Every PRL sprint uses provides 3G roaming (1x is a 3G technology). I to use 16006 and get EVDO roaming on Verizon and US cellular as needed....but I am not sure of its affects on LTE.

Every PRL sprint uses provides 3G roaming (1x is a 3G technology). I to use 16006 and get EVDO roaming on Verizon and US cellular as needed....but I am not sure of its affects on LTE.

16xxx is very close to 56xxx.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• 3 months later...

One curious thing I found was that, when Sprint was announcing "Sprint As You Go", one thing they continually mentioned was that there was no 3G/EV roaming included. Which, frankly, I found odd, as most Sprint customers have no access to this anyways.

Well my iPhone is jailbroken now. Tried to flash 56006, bootlooped my phone. Damnit. I'm gonna have to restore now.

I installed tetherme then flashed to the verizon PRL (00001), worked for me. Though I don't have access to an LTE enabled prl :(

I installed tetherme then flashed to the verizon PRL (00001), worked for me. Though I don't have access to an LTE enabled prl :(

Ah. Where did you get Tetherme? I have it installed, but my phone always goes back to 55010.

How did you flash it? I'm using the Sprint_LTE_US.bundle folder. I'm replacing carrier.prl. Can you tell me exactly what you did?

Ah. Where did you get Tetherme? I have it installed, but my phone always goes back to 55010.

How did you flash it? I'm using the Sprint_LTE_US.bundle folder. I'm replacing carrier.prl. Can you tell me exactly what you did?

I downloaded it off some random website because cydia kept giving me a timeout :/ though now it should be better. I usually get tetherme off xsellize. As for replacing the carrier.prl, I actually wrote out a set of instructions should I forget.... Ahem, here it is:

Change PRL iPhone:

-Original to custom method:

First, if possible, dial ##update# to revert back to original sprint prl. Make sure data and voice roaming are both ON.

Use ifile and and turn on pushprlflag in both sprint carrier bundles. It's located in carrier.plist. Open using property list viewer. Be sure to back out of the file.

Turn the phone off normally, then turn it back on. Once it boots it will say "searching", then "no service". Once you see the no service message open iFile, locate the prl file you want to update to, select edit, select the file, click the clipboard in lower right corner, then select copy/link. (Be sure the file is renamed as carrier.prl and that the c in carrier is lowercase.

Go back to the carrier bundle and paste the new prl in both bundles. Select overwrite all on the popup menu.

Wait about 60 seconds then go back into the sprint_us bundle only and turn off pushprlflag. Back out of the file then turn off the phone normally, than back on.

• 3 weeks later...

So 56006 is the fastest so far? I manually loaded it, and doesnt seem to be any faster,and actually seems to connect to LTE less. Whenever I dial *2, it gives me the "Welcome to sprint" message, versus the "welcome to verizon" message I got when I had 52644 loaded on my 4S. So is it safe to say that this is a sprint prl, and not a verizon 3G/ sprint LTE hybrid prl? Because THAT would be sweet lol

• 2 weeks later...

56006 is great and all, but how about an update to 00001. what i mean is i want it to look for VERIZON ONLY towers when i am in a horrible sprint service area. if i have 56006 loaded, the phone will lock to the ungodly slow sprint towers in some areas.

i only use this in a couple areas for a very limited time, so it wouldn't get abused...

56006 is great and all, but how about an update to 00001. what i mean is i want it to look for VERIZON ONLY towers when i am in a horrible sprint service area. if i have 56006 loaded, the phone will lock to the ungodly slow sprint towers in some areas.

i only use this in a couple areas for a very limited time, so it wouldn't get abused...

Nope. That PRL will not be talked about here. It has one basic use and that is against the TOS.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 2

And you'll be the kid that falls in the chocolate river and doesn't come back.

Guys, I know both of you live by the Mississippi. Have you been drinking directly from the river again? It looks brown, but that ain't chocolate.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Including ours.

I want to make it clear that I can sign up for Sprint in my area code. I would just likely get golden ticketed out of Sprint in 3-4 months for going over the 300 MB cap.

And you'll be the kid that falls in the chocolate river and doesn't come back.

Since the river front is the only place that consistently gets native signal, that explains exactly why I watch Sprint from afar and not as a customer. :)

sysyqahe.jpg

Since the river front is the only place that consistently gets native signal, that explains exactly why I watch Sprint from afar and not as a customer. :)

Do you have any protective dikes along the riverfront?

http://www.hark.com/clips/cnmgrrnvbz-what-is-a-protective-dike

AJ