$120year + equipment Clear WiMax for Schools & Non-Profits only. 3 months FREE sign up by 10/31/2012. Up to 6M down, 1M up. via MobileCitizen.org

alphnasx

http://www.fiercebroadbandwireless.com/story/mobile-citizen-offers-clearwires-wimax-service-nonprofits-nationwide/2012-09-12

The group, based in Boulder, Colo., sells service for $120/year per account and is offering 3 FREE months for nonprofits that sign up for service by Oct. 31, which works out to $8 per month for 15 months. All connections include unlimited data usage, no download speed cap and upload speeds to 1.0 Mbps. Customers can purchase a USB modem, desktop modem or mobile hotspot for use with the service.

Sounds like Clearwire's getting desperate. That, or they're bound by a condition attached to some of their EBS licenses.

In either case, I should drop one of my nonprofit buddies in CO a line; he might appreciate the cheap 'net access, assuming Clear reaches his home office.

Clearwire is prolly bound by a condition attached to some of their EBS licenses. its prolly costing Clearwire abt $4 per sub. thats abt how much clearwire was charging Sprint per wi-max smartphone.

Awesome Deal at $10 per month for 1 yrs ($120 + $25 cost of Clearwire modem at Best Buy)

Sounds like Clearwire's getting desperate. That, or they're bound by a condition attached to some of their EBS licenses.

In either case, I should drop one of my nonprofit buddies in CO a line; he might appreciate the cheap 'net access, assuming Clear reaches his home office.

Edited by alphnasx