shmget

Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

it's been over a year since I annoyed folks here i mean posted here -- just curious how is service in CT these days?  

Still spotty. More band 41, and roaming via T-mobile is definitely helping with the gaps in coverage. 

I'm on I-84 near Danbury and noticed that Sprint is aggregating two Band 41 carriers, one that is 20MHz and the other is 10MHz. Did anyone know why they're doing that?

34 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

I'm on I-84 near Danbury and noticed that Sprint is aggregating two Band 41 carriers, one that is 20MHz and the other is 10MHz. Did anyone know why they're doing that?

What is the EARFCN for that 10mhz carrier? Could just simply be a spectrum limitation. They finally added a third carrier here in the BX and its also 10Mhz on EARFCN 41148.

6 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

What is the EARFCN for that 10mhz carrier? Could just simply be a spectrum limitation. They finally added a third carrier here in the BX and its also 10Mhz on EARFCN 41148.

Yup it's 41148. What's the source of the spectrum limitation?

Just now, Paynefanbro said:

Yup it's 41148. What's the source of the spectrum limitation?

The assumption is that they just don't own enough contiguous spectrum to add the full 20mhz carrier. I guess once non-contiguous B41 CA is a thing (if ever) it will be less of an issue.