Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Seeing some signs of life finishing leftover work being done on the NV towers. The tower on Rt 4 in Burlington at the high school is now broadcasting LTE, also the one in Canton where Rt 44, 202 and 179 meet is finally LTE too. Fairly recent turned on, just went thru the Canton one within the last month and was definitely still 3G. Mapped it on Sensorly.

I've noticed faster LTE acquisitions near 69 as well. I assume it's due to the high school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Johnner1999 said:

Noticed that — late December. No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got updated on Jan 12th Last time it was updated was Oct 11th

Edited by S4GRU
Fixed quotation error
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I traveled and mapped on Sensorly from Chestnut Hill, MA to New Haven and dropped LTE in that one spot along I-84 right by the MA/CT border. I wonder what it'll take to get Sprint to fill that last coverage hole in. Additionally, I spotted 10x10 Band 25 just outside of New Haven but as far as I can tell New Haven only has 5x5.

I'm also experiencing quite a bit of congestion during the day. I'm uncertain if it's a regular thing or if it's just because of the conference going on at Yale that brought in another 1,000+ students from other universities this weekend but the network has been struggling during peak times unlike in NYC or even Boston. When I'm outdoors, I have no issues and speeds are as high as 80Mbps but once I go indoors, it's hit or miss. Luckily it isn't limited to Sprint though because my friends on other carriers were experiencing poor reception or in some cases, no signal at all while I'd have 1-2 bars of LTE indoors.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, banananuts87 said:

Upgraded backhaul in Downtown Meriden (West Main St). Was maxing out at 40Mbps a few days ago on 2 channels. Now 140+!

FDACF8A6-C8BC-4ED9-AF8E-DDEA7DB8983D.png

Was a new carrier or perhaps a new site brought online? That's more likely to have caused a change like that versus backhaul. 

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Any change to signal strength? Do you use Signal Check or any other signal monitoring app to know if you're connecting to a new site?

I have an iPhone. Using the field test and the numbers are the same. Full bars as usual. 

The clear tower is a block away from my job. 

6 minutes ago, banananuts87 said:

I have an iPhone. Using the field test and the numbers are the same. Full bars as usual. 

The clear tower is a block away from my job. 

Interesting, it's possible the change was backhaul. Most sites have had adequate backhaul for some time. They have been adding a 3rd carrier to Clear sites recently. Maybe they are preparing for that.

• Like 1

Interesting, it's possible the change was backhaul. Most sites have had adequate backhaul for some time. They have been adding a 3rd carrier to Clear sites recently. Maybe they are preparing for that.

Is only certain markets Clear sites can do 3rd carrier?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Is only certain markets Clear sites can do 3rd carrier?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The last generation of Samsung dual-mode RRUs are able to do 3 carriers. Most markets that still have Clearwire B41 should have at least some of those, as the Huawei sites were all replaced with Nokia mini-macros. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, banananuts87 said:

The tower is down and was previously band 41 only. I’ll get a better shot tomorrow. 

Sprint is converting a fair number of Clear only sites over to full Sprint sites, so it's possible that is underway.