Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Not a problem..wasnt sure if should be posting tower id's..and i was gonna ask you for a reference picture of 8t8r..ive come across towers that look like they have it but you really have to look and take note on a few little details...thanks for reading my brain

• Like 1

took a minute for me to figure out but both threads got combined... dstar2002 i happen to be in manchester yesterday and took some better shots of the slater st. tower, will post em soon..do you know for sure if that tower is 8t8r??

Found out that tower in East Windsor had the Sprint legacy gear torn down, still wondering why it hasn't even been accepted 3G though. Odd.

have you found out if the slater st tower in manchester is 8t8r??...got some other photos coming as soon as i can find my data cable for my camera...has anyone have any news as far as hanover st in meriden??..seems like upgrades have slowed down or gone quiet.

Thought there was something wrong with the site..no responses and so far no updates for the sponsor map...got some more pictures still trying to find my data cable for my camera.

pent hwy. and n.plains ind rd. wallingford ct. also if im looking at the correct rack looks like 8t8r...and also looks like whoever is doing the work on upgrades left a mess of the cabling unless its the birds messing with it...LTE has been off for about 3weeks now and last i knew sapposibly 800mhz or 2.5ghz LTE upgrades were going on. if anyone can shed some light would be helpful.

n5PLtqU.jpgIyZPN04.jpg

• Like 1

this thread has quieted down...does anyone know why the tower above in wallingford on the corner of pent highway and n.plains ind. rd.has had no LTE now for a month??..called tech support and they have no clue as to why theres no LTE as they say they see no issues with any of the towers in the area..things are not adding up thats for sure.

I would keep calling them daily until its fixed :P

Going to try, keyword try, to peek at the Slater St tower in Manchester today.  Been a very busy few weeks for me, not much down time from work.

• Like 1

Just passing some info i was told by tech support today..that n.plains ind. Rd. Tower and s.broad st are in the middle of getting 2.5ghz sprint spark upgrades..and e.main st also is getting some sort of LTE upgrades..how much this holds true we shall see...may explain why the n.plains ind. Rd. Tower has had no LTE for 5 weeks now.

• Like 1

gonna try and get more shots of towers as i run across them in my travels..does anybody in the wallingford area of pent highway and n.plains ind. rd know why the tower has no 4G?? been out for 5 weeks and sprint doesnt have a clue why.

good news!!..finally had someone from the top call me from network support about the tower on n.plains ind. rd. and sure enough the tower has been waaaaay under perfoming since 7/24/2014...and the tower hasnt been serving anyone for a while..*dancing a jig* finally after 6 weeks progress is under way. also while on the phone was given some VERY USEFUL info...may share it...we shall see ;):rolleyes::tu:

• Like 1

i don't know if it's just southern New haven, but 4G just sucks here, and 4G is not new here. i've had it for about a year and a half.. sometimes even though i have full service and only a few blocks away from a tower i am going in and out between 3g/4g. there are a lot days where its extermely slow.. as slow as 3G. less than 1mbit/s. constant timeout too.. i could be browsing and have good LTE signal and i constanly have to retry the connection as data just stops flowing.

it's almost as if they just threw LTE panels and didn't bother upgrading the backhaul. tbh, it's pretty pathetic how lousy it is considering it was rolled out here over a year ago..

i don't know if it's just southern New haven, but 4G just sucks here, and 4G is not new here. i've had it for about a year and a half.. sometimes even though i have full service and only a few blocks away from a tower i am going in and out between 3g/4g. there are a lot days where its extermely slow.. as slow as 3G. less than 1mbit/s. constant timeout too.. i could be browsing and have good LTE signal and i constanly have to retry the connection as data just stops flowing.

it's almost as if they just threw LTE panels and didn't bother upgrading the backhaul. tbh, it's pretty pathetic how lousy it is considering it was rolled out here over a year ago..

In New Haven you need a Triband device. They have B41 and B26 also being deployed. These provide faster speeds and better coverage. A single band B25 device is just going to get bogged down in a college town.

the n.plains ind rd. tower has had LTE for some time now...it went out 7 weeks ago and i have been calling about it and finally got to the network team in oklahoma city and it was fixed in one week..when it was working it was screaming 20-26 mbps download 7/8 mbps upload with 40/50 ms pings...try doing data profile updates or a refresh to the network i have a note3 and i do ##72786# and sometimes toggle on and off the 3g/4g or restarting the phone helps.

• Like 2