Sign in to follow this  
wyattwalter

iPhone 5 Preorders

Seems like everybody who preordered their iPhone 5's from sprint.com hasn't gotten a tracking number yet. I'm watching my email very closely in anticipation...

If you received a confirmation/tracking number, say something!

post-4607-0-65201900-1347948562_thumb.png

The key phrase in that status report is "on or around". I suggest you focus more on the "or around" part. I just saw this on an ABC News post;

As of this writing, Sprint was the only outlet still posting the September 21 shipping date, and that was only for the two larger models. The 16GB iPhone 5's shipping date is listed as "up to two weeks."

Source: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/science_tech/iphone-5-pre-order-shipping-dates-pushed-back-likely-due-to-demand

As we all saw with the EVO 4G LTE, Sprint can be, shall we say, a bit fast and loose with their pre-order ship dates. They always include some verbiage that lets them have an out.

My guess is that you can probably stop watching your email so closely for the next few days. Just a suggestion.

I ordered direct from Apple and it still says the delivery date is Friday. Not sure how accurate that is because it moved from "Processing order" to "Preparing for shipment" over the weekend. I ordered right when it went up for pre-order and it wasn't until shortly after I ordered that the estimate rose to 2 to 3 weeks for shipment on the main iPhone page.

Well I will tell you what a rep told me yesterday. Since ST decided to port me early, I was on the phone with several Sprint support folks and one of them told me that the iPhones that were ordered before approximately 1 PM were going out as the first "group" and would arrive on Friday. Those that ordered after that time would be in the second "group" which were going to be delayed.

I got my shipping confirm from Sprint today at 3:31 PM

• Like 2

I'm glad to see that Sprint seems to have handled this preorder process smoothly.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

I'm glad to see that Sprint seems to have handled this preorder process smoothly.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

Lol, no import ban on this one...

• Like 1

I received my 5 yesterday and it looked as if was going to activate itself (it automatically asked for my zip code and 4 digit SSN for activation), but it didn't after an hour of waiting. I ended up signing into Sprint.com and manually activating a new phone. After that it activated in only 5 minutes and it was smooth sailing from there.

Odd... I ordered mine as a new line and it activated within 2 seconds without asking me anything other than the normal iOS setup stuff.

I waited a day to call in to switch numbers around though - didn't want to wait for the huge rush. They had to transfer me to another department but that department was able to get it done fairly quickly. Only issue is you have to restore the phone and I had already done the restore the previous day (doh) but thanks to iCloud backup it was painless. I definitely noticed the restore speed slowed down thanks to the huge traffic spike, but it completed within an hour or so and all my apps, settings, data, etc was back up and running.

They also seem to have sped up the activation time stuff because the phones were live with their changed numbers within minutes, none of this "may take up to four hours" business.