HTC Evo Shift better than LG Viper in terms of 1x signal?

MacinJosh

I have my HTC Evo Shift and my LG Viper sitting side by side and my Viper consistently shows 10-20dBm weaker signal on 1x and up to 5dBm weaker signal on EVDO. I know that both phones are connected to the same EVDO tower as the Sector ID's match in the EVDO engineering.

I guess I'm kinda surprised at this development that an older WiMax phone that was really just a cheapy phone to begin with, and on top of that, my Evo Shift is also refurbished.

Anyone wanna take a guess as to why this might be this way.

I have my HTC Evo Shift and my LG Viper sitting side by side and my Viper consistently shows 10-20dBm weaker signal on 1x and up to 5dBm weaker signal on EVDO. I know that both phones are connected to the same EVDO tower as the Sector ID's match in the EVDO engineering.

I guess I'm kinda surprised at this development that an older WiMax phone that was really just a cheapy phone to begin with, and on top of that, my Evo Shift is also refurbished.

Anyone wanna take a guess as to why this might be this way.

I consistently have a stronger EVDO signal on my Viper than 1x. It's quite bizarre. I am approximately 300' away from the nearest site. The only one probably visible to my device at all, being in a remote location. However, my 1x is at -82dBm, and EVDO is at -65dBm. Pretty big difference. And that is common.

Robert

• Like 1

I consistently have a stronger EVDO signal on my Viper than 1x. It's quite bizarre. I am approximately 300' away from the nearest site. The only one probably visible to my device at all, being in a remote location. However, my 1x is at -82dBm, and EVDO is at -65dBm. Pretty big difference. And that is common.

Robert

Normally, I have that problem with my Viper too, but my EVO Shift consistently stays between 2-5 dBm difference with 1x & EVDO signals. But over all, the Viper has weaker radios than the EVO Shift does in my real life testing. It's too bad too. The Viper was a nice phone, or so I thought.

The viper is begining to seem like a lemon.. Wonder whats the Warranty Exchange List looking like for them?

1x is weak on the Viper. But EVDO was fine, and LTE was great. However, we still don't have ICS, now do we?

Robert

• Like 1