Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE

MacinJosh

Very attractive offer here: http://www.ebay.com/...=item25778f72b0

Thought I'd share. I might buy this one up... Really want a nice mid-range Android that isn't the Viper.

I bought one yesterday for $150 from a member. I've been wanting one for my LTE device collection. I must collect them all. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I bought one yesterday for 150 from a member. I've been wanting one for my LTE device collection. I must collect them all. ;)

Lucky. I might snatch one up, but I really want a Nexus 4. So I'm waiting for a CDMA and LTE version. Android is looking really nice right now. I can say with confidence that my next phone purchase on contract will be a top-of-the-line Android.

Lucky. I might snatch one up, but I really want a Nexus 4. So I'm waiting for a CDMA and LTE version. Android is looking really nice right now. I can say with confidence that my next phone purchase on contract will be a top-of-the-line Android.

The one you found on ebay is now sold, was that you?

The one you found on ebay is now sold' date=' was that you?[/quote']

It was a new unit for $100 less than Sprint sells them. It wasn't going to stay long.

First post with the Victory. This is an awesome little device. It is heads and shoulders better than the Viper. I am impressed.

Robert via Samsung Victory LTE on Tapatalk

• Like 1

First post with the Victory. This is an awesome little device. It is heads and shoulders better than the Viper. I am impressed.

Robert via Samsung Victory LTE on Tapatalk

I have been debating whether to get this or the Viper for my daughter. It would be a used one (I get all upgrades!). In your opinion it seems like no contest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thats great to hear! Especially since there does appear to be little dev activity for it so far. I just grabbed one off ebay Tuesday night for ~$100. Should be here tomorrow or Saturday.

Even my lowly Optimus S can be flashed to JB (though it wheezes pretty heavily, works better with ICS). It'd be sad if the Victory was stuck at ICS.

• Like 1

It looks like Ting will be getting BYOD for LTE devices pretty soon, at which point I'll be picking up two or three of these off of eBay. My boss and his wife both have 'em and seem to be happy with them. I was going to get everyone Nexus S 4Gs, but since the family now can get LTE pretty much everywhere and BYOSLTED is coming online soon (and the Victory supports Jelly Bean), this makes a bit more sense.

It looks like Ting will be getting BYOD for LTE devices pretty soon, at which point I'll be picking up two or three of these off of eBay. My boss and his wife both have 'em and seem to be happy with them. I was going to get everyone Nexus S 4Gs, but since the family now can get LTE pretty much everywhere and BYOSLTED is coming online soon (and the Victory supports Jelly Bean), this makes a bit more sense.

Pretty soon is ... now:

https://ting.com/blog/lte-sprint-devices-can-now-come-to-ting/

And (how convenient) the Victory is on the initial supported list - which is Samsung only at this point. Funny, I got accepted to beta test this, and they rolled it out before I even got my phone :). Gonna be a fun weekend!

Just nabbed the two clean-ESN (well, one is definitely clean, and the other had better be, and I'm 99% sure is) Victories off of eBay.This will be my mom's and brother's third smartphones (Optimus V -> Marquee -> Victory) and their first with ICS or better...and their first with LTE. Both phones will be headed for Ting. The only thing I'm really worried about? High data usage, because both family members will be within LTE coverage 90% of the time, and even though neither device will be rooted, WiFi tethering will be available.

Depending on how things go, I may end up installing Sensorly on both phones so that LTE in the Fredericksburg/Kerrville/San Antonio area gets picked up that much sooner.

EDIT: Phone #1 arrived earlier this afternoon. I'm a few score miles from where it arrived so I won't be able to play with it, but it *is* now activated. Ironically, this particular phone could have been activated even prior to LTE BYOSD; it's a Ting device! Phone 2 should be coming in the next day or two, though it won't get activated as quickly since that member of the family is an hour south.

• Like 2

Just curious, did your second phone activate cleanly? My first ebay sourced Victory had a bad ESN (was listed as clean, seller took it back and refunded the cost). I just bought my second, hopefully I'll have more luck with this one. Also, did you do the 4.1.1 update, or leave them at 4.0?

Just curious, did your second phone activate cleanly? My first ebay sourced Victory had a bad ESN (was listed as clean, seller took it back and refunded the cost). I just bought my second, hopefully I'll have more luck with this one. Also, did you do the 4.1.1 update, or leave them at 4.0?

The 4.1.1 update isn't official yet from Sprint. Hopefully soon it will be though.

• 3 weeks later...

Both were on 4.0 (still are) and both had clean ESNs.

• 1 month later...

I have a samsung galaxy victory and a 16gb sd card I can not get apps to install on my sd card. I dont know why as I can get pictures to store on the sd card. Any help would be great. I have to many appa for the phones storage.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

You can't install apps to the SD card, that is one of the complaints of this phone.

I have a samsung galaxy victory and a 16gb sd card I can not get apps to install on my sd card. I dont know why as I can get pictures to store on the sd card. Any help would be great. I have to many appa for the phones storage.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, here are some speedtests and the Engineering Screen.

I will have to admit, Sprint LTE is blistering fast here. Of course, no one here probably has purchased a sprint lte phone, since this is a somewhat rural town. 25-30 mbps off a phone and a cell tower is insane!!

I posted the engineering shots too. looks like a good signal from what I've read...Anyone else agree/disagree.

LTE cuts about 5 miles away from the tower though......

What's up with the weird IP address? DOD Information Center???????

post-18072-0-59939000-1369966394_thumb.jpg

post-18072-0-28664800-1369966408_thumb.jpg

post-18072-0-58259400-1369966429_thumb.jpg

Edited by greg4lte