Thoughts on bailing Sprint for Verizon San Diego?

snowtrooper1966

Not greener for me, by a longshot....

To add insult to injury, I paid cash (1500) for 5's at VZN store.

On competing the return, employee said I could expect my mailed refund in a few weeks....

Glad to have you back. I read somewhere that it took Verizon 6 months to refund him for his 1st monthly payment. I hope it comes back soon considering the amount its worth. Did you just reopen 5 lines with sprint? Does that mean you got 5 new phones, too?

Glad to have you back. I read somewhere that it took Verizon 6 months to refund him for his 1st monthly payment. I hope it comes back soon considering the amount its worth. Did you just reopen 5 lines with sprint? Does that mean you got 5 new phones, too?

Original ETA on refund was 3 to 5 weeks. After some time on the phone with VZN financial they have approved "expedited" refund, but that still could take 3 weeks....

I had 3 lines on Sprint, added another when I jumped ship. Bought four iPhone 5's.

Intended to port all lines back to Sprint, but after the VZN debacle, had no funds for new phones.

Currently just the wife and my line active, using our iPhone 4S's....

grass-is-always-greener.jpg

Yes, that is correct, friends, VZW's secret is poop...

AJ

To add insult to injury, I paid cash (1500) for 5's at VZN store.

On competing the return, employee said I could expect my mailed refund in a few weeks....

Wow.... Is it like that everywhere when returning Iphones? I'm trying to think of another line of retail where you can surrender product for return in person, to a human where it was purchased, that is obviously not defective and not receive a refund on the spot. Maybe I'm just outta "the know". Was this not a corporate store?

I had a similar experience with ATT here in January of this year. Prior to the NV 3G upgrades, our speeds here had become unusable basically everywhere. ATT had the most high speed 3G access in our area, so I asked around about it and got very good feedback from most everyone I talked to. 2 days into my new service, I couldn't get to the corporate store fast enough to give it back. They refunded 100% of my money on the spot. Also sent me a $900 bill , but ATT Customer Service went "oh we're so sorry" and credited it back no problem. It was shocking to me how many people here are washed into believing that the level of service they get from the big 2 (here, at least) is magically superior to everything else.

1) Despite full signal on one side of my home , ATT drops 100% of calls in my kitchen. Fluorescent lights maybe? who knows

2)Data Speeds were either AMAZING, or not there at all. Hated dropping down to Edge, jumping back up to HSPA+ all the time

3) Hated the garbled calls due to the half rate codec...hated hearing the hand off from tower to tower and all the buzzing and hissing ... and I hated dropping calls in places where there was simply no reason for it.

End point? When the mobile device you've been flapping your gums on has been Sprint PCS quality voice for almost 10 years, you're a little spoiled when you try to get acclimated to non PCS half rate garble.

• Like 1

Sprint has the best voice network by far between the top three. I have used VZW and ATT for many years. Sprint is a little better than Verizon and night and day better than ATT. I've never used Tmo.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 5

Wow.... Is it like that everywhere when returning Iphones? I'm trying to think of another line of retail where you can surrender product for return in person, to a human where it was purchased, that is obviously not defective and not receive a refund on the spot. Maybe I'm just outta "the know". Was this not a corporate store?

Yep, corporate.

It took every iota of restraint not to flip out....

Not to denigrate snowtrooper, but he paid cash. No corporate nor third party store is going to keep (or admit to keeping) $1500 accessible cash on hand at anytime. For security reasons, businesses often pay big cash refunds by check. And, honestly, I cannot blame them.

AJ

This is the key advantage of buying the iPhone at the Apple Store. No problems with refunds and they will replace it in the first year for almost any reason.

Though actually, even if you buy the iPhone elsewhere, you can still get support and exchanges at the Apple Store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not to denigrate snowtrooper' date=' but he paid cash. No corporate nor third party store is going to keep (or admit to keeping) 1500 accessible cash on hand at anytime. For security reasons, businesses often pay big cash refunds by check. And, honestly, I cannot blame them.

AJ[/quote']

Oh. Well, if he literally took a wad of $100 bills in hand to purchase , thats a little unusual and somewhat understandable I suppose. I would be irate if they refused a credit back to my debit/credit card

Sprint has the best voice network by far between the top three. I have used VZW and ATT for many years. Sprint is a little better than Verizon and night and day better than ATT. I've never used Tmo.

That has been my experience as well.

Did use TMob, for a time.

• Like 1

Oh. Well, if he literally took a wad of $100 bills in hand to purchase , thats a little unusual and somewhat understandable I suppose. I would be irate if they refused a credit back to my debit/credit card

Not that unusual.

Part was from bank account, part was PayPal and then some cash.

Was trying to streamline process....

Never considered having issues at refund, as that was not part of the plan. My mistake, and I am paying for it now!

I did even ask if they would just put it in my bank account via debit card...no dice.

I have used all 4 and Sprint far exceeds in voice quality. For my areas at&t comes in 2nd, Verizon comes in 3rd, and T-Mobile comes in 5th. Yes, I said 5th, because T-Mobile in Pahrump was total crap. MetroPCS was better, but they are 4th because they offer native service in Pahrump, but won't activate service if you don't have a Las Vegas address.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Success story right there.

I am glad I weathered the storm also I am finally getting a better signal at home and even get 4g at times inside here in the Bronx. I have 4g most places I travel lately in the Bronx. I almost left but when Sprint leveled with me about what was happening a year and a half ago I decided to stay for the unlimited plan. I have attained speeds of 16.5 down and 8mb up

• Like 1