Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

I think it would have to be just Raleigh at this point and not the whole Raleigh market. North of Wake Forest there's nothing yet. Out in RTP this week I got 4G one morning on a small stretch of Hwy 70 near I-85. But it was gone that afternoon and the rest of the week. And nothing when I went through Durham on the way home one of those nights. North Raleigh was definitely much better covered last week when I was out that way. I didn't pick it up in Wake Forest, but that was a couple weeks ago so some towers must be close to completion.

I'm just happy to see more progress.

Actually, they are working just over the Raleigh border in some areas. Garner is seeing significant coverage and LTE is being sen on the 64 bypass all the way out to Smithfield road and LTE has been seen on rock quarry all the way down to Auburn Knightdale road. At this point the only thing probably stopping an announcement is getting all the sites accepted.
  • Like 1

at this rate, it seems like the raleigh market will be launched very soon... im getting LTE almost everywhere in town I go now. i am very impressed with the rate they are moving here.

Yet to pick it up in downtown here... Still drops as soon as I hit the edge of downtown... And from southern tip of downtown to Crabtree seems to be non existent... Sprint has some spotty coverage on gleenwood ave going from 5 points to 440 crossing... Esp 5 points and the country club area...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ran up and down main st in hope mills today with sensorly mapping before and after work

i got good 4g lte signal from trade st to Cumberland dr

i didnt have an opp to go any further into fayettville

but it goes to complete poof once you get past the pnc bank on main st going back to i95

Edited by WarStoke

Yet to pick it up in downtown here... Still drops as soon as I hit the edge of downtown... And from southern tip of downtown to Crabtree seems to be non existent... Sprint has some spotty coverage on gleenwood ave going from 5 points to 440 crossing... Esp 5 points and the country club area...

I get the fake 4g all the time when I'm downtown.

I usually end up turning off lte

Great signal, 4g logo and zero data.

Drives me nuts.

I get the fake 4g all the time when I'm downtown.

I usually end up turning off lte

Great signal, 4g logo and zero data.

Drives me nuts.

Where downtown?

My commute to work I come from 70/south saunders and every time when I hit downtown I lose my 4g and flip to 3g the rest of the way on south Saunders to wade avenue, then I'm on gleenwood ave and go up up till just before Crabtree.... From time I lose it. It never comes back even tried cycle airplane to check...

Is there anyone that could run Sensorly along these stretches of road: Lead Mine between W Millbrook and Lynn Road; W Millbrook between Lead Mine and North Hills? I'd like to switch over from Verizon but I want to see if the area around my house has LTE coverage yet? It is close, but it doesn't looke like anyone has gone along those routes yet.

LTE IN BRIER CREEK WOOOHOOO (usable data for the first time in years in brier creek!)

My phone picked it up at Brier Creek Pkwy & ACC Blvd and I had a 4g signal ALMOST all the way to work on the following route:

Brier Creek Pkwy & 70

70 & 540

540 & 54

54 & McCrimmon Pkwy

McCrimmon & Davis Dr

Davis Dr & Kit Creek Rd <- Lost it right here

Really Impressed with Sprint's rate of deployment in the area, in about 2 weeks 90% of my most frequented areas are covered.

• Like 2

Get it fairly often at Capital square and yesterday was at Moore square

Is it usable? I live and roam downtown, so I'm waiting to upgrade my OEVO until LTE is working. I'm running a JB ROM (thanks, Mazwoz!) so WiMax isn't functional anyways, but I want to decide between the One and S4.

Don't know how long it's been up.. just noticed it today. Getting LTE at the intersection of Spring Forest Rd and Louisburg Rd.. Pretty much from the light if you're going the opposite direction of 540 til about Fox Rd (going towards New Hope).. lost it at Fox Rd.. where my house is ( -_ -) ... anyway first I've noticed it near me somewhere other than 540 or the shopping centers near Triangle Mall..

Also attempted to map it in Sensorly.. seems like it wasn't taking it... even on a force send. Possibly just loading slow though.

• Like 1

Looks like another tower went live in the past day or two inside the beltline. Getting ALOT of coverage inside the beltline, west Raleigh.

I think the tower at Hillsborough St/Dixie Trail might be the one? I'm pretty sure that was the WiMax tower in the area, and it was the fastest WiMax tower I ever connected to in Raleigh. Consistently got 10+ down 4+ up with my Evo 3D. If it's not that tower possibly the one at Wade Ave/Ridge Rd. Saw some trucks back there Friday afternoon.

Did about an hour and a half's worth of logging with Sensorly in the Dixie Trail/Wade Ave/Oberlin/NCSU area. Hope they show up... I have no idea how long between the log is complete and shows on the website.

I got a few speed tests in as well.

Western Blvd & Blue Ridge Rd:

3.99/0.65 80ms

4.90/1.77 70ms

Western Blvd & Gorman St:

23.55/6.35 81ms

32.66/8.18 71ms

Western Blvd & Dan Allen:

13.52/5.49 71ms

4.47/0.50 74ms

Hillsborough St & Dan Allen:

19.85/8.577 57ms

19.22/6.83 69ms

Looking good looking good! I kept consistent signal for the better part of today. Must be "launching" soon! I hope this pace continues.

Edited by poor_red_neck
  • Like 4

Looks like another tower went live in the past day or two inside the beltline. Getting ALOT of coverage inside the beltline, west Raleigh.

I think the tower at Hillsborough St/Dixie Trail might be the one? I'm pretty sure that was the WiMax tower in the area, and it was the fastest WiMax tower I ever connected to in Raleigh. Consistently got 10+ down 4+ up with my Evo 3D. If it's not that tower possibly the one at Wade Ave/Ridge Rd. Saw some trucks back there Friday afternoon.

Did about an hour and a half's worth of logging with Sensorly in the Dixie Trail/Wade Ave/Oberlin/NCSU area. Hope they show up... I have no idea how long between the log is complete and shows on the website.

I got a few speed tests in as well.

Western Blvd & Blue Ridge Rd:

3.99/0.65 80ms

4.90/1.77 70ms

Western Blvd & Gorman St:

23.55/6.35 81ms

32.66/8.18 71ms

Western Blvd & Dan Allen:

13.52/5.49 71ms

4.47/0.50 74ms

Hillsborough St & Dan Allen:

19.85/8.577 57ms

19.22/6.83 69ms

Looking good looking good! I kept consistent signal for the better part of today. Must be "launching" soon! I hope this pace continues.

Nice. I have been waiting for the gorman st area to light up. There is a tower at Blue Ridge and Macon Pond across the street from Rex Hospital. That has always been a stellar wimax performer. You might want to check that one out.

Posting here as well... just realized posted to premier sponsor forum from Tapatalk the first time.

At the dentist in Creedmoor, Nc today and got 4G. Mapped quickly on sensorly... Will do more when I leave. Ran speed test and got this:

apy3udeg.jpg

Was just through here just about every day week before last and got nothing so this is new.

Edit: Added signal check screenshot:

ejaregad.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

• Like 2

My little dot in Creedmoor is showing on sensorly finally. At the closer and farther away zoom levels only right now, and missing in the middle layers. I'm sure that'll get updated soon enough.

Was in a rush leaving for home and forgot to start mapping when I left the office so it's just the one dot right now. Headed out to RTP tomorrow and I'll map some areas if I pick up 4G.

• Like 1