Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

Nice! Auburn-Knightdale and us70?

. It didn't quite come that far but I did sensorly what I picked up I come home this way from work every morning so I will keep my eyes open.

Getting LTE in wake forest today! It's working on my sprint iPad but not on galaxy nexus despite how many airplane mode' date=' reboot, #*#*4636*#*#'s.... Odd!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/quote']

Something is wrong with the Galaxy Nexus in general. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

I did finally get it to work, but yeah this phone is so finicky. I sensorly'd a lil around town... but the connection up here isn't reliable enough... I can't even find the tower unless its the wake forest water tower on white street not operating on all antennas... It did seem like the panels did not go in a full 360 around the top of the tower. Unfortunately for me I live on the side that does not have the panels.

Just picked up lte on Auburn-Knightdale rd in Garner I didn't get a speed test though.

Must have been down when I drove by a few days ago. :(

I did get some briefly at auburn and rock quarry rd. Didn't get a speed test there either.

Week or two ago I noticed I hit 4G at the 70/401 split. I parked at the Lowe's parking lot where the signal was the strongest and was hitting 21-25 down and 9 up. Incredible!

I have noticed I'm not getting signal in south west Raleigh anymore (440/Jones Franklin). Must be working on something, its been down for me for almost a week. May be my phone being funny though. I was even getting service inside my home, 5 down 3 up. I'm being patient :)

• Like 1

Must have been down when I drove by a few days ago. :(

I did get some briefly at auburn and rock quarry rd. Didn't get a speed test there either.

Week or two ago I noticed I hit 4G at the 70/401 split. I parked at the Lowe's parking lot where the signal was the strongest and was hitting 21-25 down and 9 up. Incredible!

I have noticed I'm not getting signal in south west Raleigh anymore (440/Jones Franklin). Must be working on something, its been down for me for almost a week. May be my phone being funny though. I was even getting service inside my home, 5 down 3 up. I'm being patient :)

I did a speed test yesterday morning and got 12 down and 1 up at the Exxon on auburn-knightdale. I haven't ventured out to the Cary area yet. I can walk to au-kndle that's how close it is to me but to far away to pick up a signal at my house.

Spotted tower work on the tower near the intersection of Hopson Rd and S Miami (where Hopson turns in Page Rd) on my way home from RTP yesterday afternoon. It was raining this morning on my way into work, so they obviously weren't working. They were adding new panels to the top of the tower. Not sure if that was Sprint NV work or not because I couldn't see the vehicles of the folks doing the work.

• Like 1

Mapped some 4G on Sensorly this morning on the way into RTP on Hwy 70 just after the I-85 split to around Miam Blvd. Not sure which tower or if it's a new one not already showing up complete. The data hasn't shown up yet on the maps.

Spotted tower work on the tower near the intersection of Hopson Rd and S Miami (where Hopson turns in Page Rd) on my way home from RTP yesterday afternoon. It was raining this morning on my way into work, so they obviously weren't working. They were adding new panels to the top of the tower. Not sure if that was Sprint NV work or not because I couldn't see the vehicles of the folks doing the work.

Excellent, this is only one tower away from my tower at work (the tower down hopson, passed davis on top of the electrical line structure)

Btw, is hopson road still closed at the tracks right by miami?

Btw, is hopson road still closed at the tracks right by miami?

Right now it is still open, but there is a ton of work going on around the crossing and it will probably close sometime in the coming months. I take it every day to and from RTP, but it looks like I'll have to find a new way soon.

4G is back up in south Raleigh 440/Jones Franklin area.

Noticed my phone lost cellular signal this evening. First I lost 1x only (still had 3G but no voice) then later lost 3G but had voice (no data). Put my phone in airplane mode for a while and started playing grand theft auto vice city (Note 2 + Game Klip + PS3 Controller + Sixaxis bluetooth connectivity = WIN). Turned airplane mode off around 2:00am and poof I had 4G... in my house! When I first noticed 4G popping up near my house, I lost it 5 ft from the door. Now it's getting signal throughout my house. Speedtest is pulling 10 down, 5 up. Plenty fast for me :)

I'll try and run some sensorly tomorrow and see if the signal got any better. I logged all the areas near Lake Johnson/Jones Franklin/Athens Dr. Hopefully whatever they were doing this past week while it was down is going to increase the range. Kinda surprising how little of an area one tower seems to cover. Take the tower at 70/401 South Raleigh/Garner. Kinda surprised it only covered about a mile or so of US70. I just started to get signal around the Taco Bell on South Wilmington, and lost it before getting to Timber.

Edited by poor_red_neck
  • Like 1

Kinda surprising how little of an area one tower seems to cover. Take the tower at 70/401 South Raleigh/Garner. Kinda surprised it only covered about a mile or so of US70. I just started to get signal around the Taco Bell on South Wilmington, and lost it before getting to Timber.

Congrats on getting LTE. When it comes to coverage from a site, it is highly variable. Signals from sites cannot overlap adjacent sites by very much. So engineers specifically engineer signals by the mounting height and panel downtilt to get the signals exactly right. In your case, the signal may only go one mile. In some places in rural Kansas on a boomer along a highway, it can go 10 miles. And in urban New York City, there are sites that have signals that only go two blocks.

If your site only goes one mile, it is by design. The good thing about sites that cover less area is they tend to have stronger signals within their coverage. Where service now ends, it is likely a transition area where another LTE site would pick up when it comes online later.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Saw an ERICSSON tech working on a sprint tower today in Wake Forest... could be that I'm wrong, but I am really sure it's a sprint only tower.

Interesting in an ALU market in deployment.... Maybe tower isn't set for NV for awhile and something serious happened that caused the need for an ERIC worker to go out for maintenance?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ericsson also provides inspection services for Sprint to accept NV sites in Samsung and AlcaLu markets.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

at this rate, it seems like the raleigh market will be launched very soon... im getting LTE almost everywhere in town I go now. i am very impressed with the rate they are moving here.

Whats up bro, maybe I may have missed something but I thought you switched to verizon?

at this rate, it seems like the raleigh market will be launched very soon... im getting LTE almost everywhere in town I go now. i am very impressed with the rate they are moving here.

I think it would have to be just Raleigh at this point and not the whole Raleigh market. North of Wake Forest there's nothing yet. Out in RTP this week I got 4G one morning on a small stretch of Hwy 70 near I-85. But it was gone that afternoon and the rest of the week. And nothing when I went through Durham on the way home one of those nights. North Raleigh was definitely much better covered last week when I was out that way. I didn't pick it up in Wake Forest, but that was a couple weeks ago so some towers must be close to completion.

I'm just happy to see more progress.

• Like 1