Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

I was able to pick up LTE near Jones Franklin and Dillard Dr for the first time today :) Will try to run Sensorly tomorrow. Looks like someone else has picked up LTE there before according to Sensorly, but I haven't been able to connect there until today.

That might have been me :)

I live right off Jones Franklin and 440... Caught some 4G for the first time myself today on Athens Dr. Had to do a double take on sensorly. Decided to just keep driving around. Lost the signal at the bottom of Jones Franklin at 440. Seems like the signal is being blasted down US1/440.

Here's a speedtest I did on Athens Dr in Raleigh.

http://www.imajonesi...n/LTE-Speed.jpg

I'm heading down around Garner tomorrow, and will be running all over the place. I'll be sure to have sensorly running all day.

I may be in the east Cary area tomorrow as well. I'll be loggin!

w00t w00t!

This almost makes the past two+ years of horrible 3G speeds worth it, and paying an extra $10 a month for "premium data."

Edited by poor_red_neck

That might have been me :)

I live right off Jones Franklin and 440... Caught some 4G for the first time myself today on Athens Dr. Had to do a double take on sensorly. Decided to just keep driving around. Lost the signal at the bottom of Jones Franklin at 440. Seems like the signal is being blasted down US1/440.

Here's a speedtest I did on Athens Dr in Raleigh.

http://www.imajonesi...n/LTE-Speed.jpg

I'm heading down around Garner tomorrow, and will be running all over the place. I'll be sure to have sensorly running all day.

I may be in the east Cary area tomorrow as well. I'll be loggin!

w00t w00t!

This almost makes the past two+ years of horrible 3G speeds worth it, and paying an extra $10 a month for "premium data."

:angry: I lived right there when I was at State 2 years ago, now I graduate and move up to Brier Creek and my old stomping grounds get LTE while I can't even load Google.com outside of my Airrave's coverage.

I just hope they cover the Carter Finley/PNC Arena area very very well. On gameday you can't even come close to doing anything with data, even while tailgating 5 hours before the game starts in the tailgate lots! I used to have to use WiMax to send Google Voice texts!!! I hope not, but I expect this is a not enough available spectrum issue, will LTE help?

Verizon has this problem too though, but they are really only affected in the stadium, during the game, and just have really slow data that is normally barely usable. ATT seems to work decently/unaffected.

Good to hear they're still working pretty quickly!

About time! I just happened to be checking for podcasts, and noticed the 4G symbol. I quickly did a speed test, and inside my house I am pulling 9 Mbps down. Hopefully this will increase, but glad, glad, glad to finally see this ignored area get it.

Now if Sprint will carry the S4...all will be good...

Screenshot_2013-02-26-21-43-23.png

Saw an alcatel-lucent employee climbing tower at Falls of the Neuse and Spring Forest Rd today... Had alcatel-lucent van parked at bottom of tower. Also saw Alcatel-Lucent pickup trucks driving north on Falls after that.... Deployment is definately underway.

• Like 2

I just hope they cover the Carter Finley/PNC Arena area very very well. On gameday you can't even come close to doing anything with data, even while tailgating 5 hours before the game starts in the tailgate lots!

I second this. Data is pretty poor near the RBC Center PNC Arena. I'm right next to it every day, so I was hoping the new LTE sites near Duraleigh or Jones Franklin would reach, but unfortunately they didn't. Hopefully more will be turned on soon.

I second this. Data is pretty poor near the RBC Center PNC Arena. I'm right next to it every day, so I was hoping the new LTE sites near Duraleigh or Jones Franklin would reach, but unfortunately they didn't. Hopefully more will be turned on soon.

Keep watching the tower by Rex hospital. A couple of times in the last week there has been no data service on the tower. Hopefully thats indicative of them upgrading the tower.
  • Like 1

picked up 3 points of 4g with sensorly on the way in to work this morning...Lake Boone Trail and Ridge Rd. Near Lacy Elem Sch. At first I thought the Meredith Tower was up....but I had lost the signal well before Wade Ave. I'm not sure where this came from. I'll pay more attention on the way home....I'm pretty sure the tower by the rock quarry, on Duraleigh is blasting 4g...but i could be wrong there too.

The Sponsor map for current sites doesn't show any towers in Raleigh (or Durham, CH, Fayetteville, etc) to be in progress. Do you think this is bad data? I am really ready for them to get around to the tower that covers downtown Raleigh, or at least to get the new backhaul installed. Speeds are unusable during the day and on weekends.

The Sponsor map for current sites doesn't show any towers in Raleigh (or Durham, CH, Fayetteville, etc) to be in progress. Do you think this is bad data? I am really ready for them to get around to the tower that covers downtown Raleigh, or at least to get the new backhaul installed. Speeds are unusable during the day and on weekends.

We don't get information on even half of the towers that are in progress across the country. Most of the reports actually come from members that see physical work going on. The others come from sources that have access to dispatch orders and other information. Most likely, there haven't been any reports out of the area, however that does not mean there aren't any towers in progress.

the lte at capital and 540 has a strong signal... 5 bars even... but appears to have no backhaul hooked up... maxed out at 3mbps while i was in the area for about an hour. coming soon on this one i spose.im not complaining tho. hey if you want to bring 3mpbs up to wake forest, be my guest.

Check sensorly. Some parts of downtown are covered.

I picked up LTE at crossroads today. It was a weak signal, - 115 db, but I still got 4.5mb down. This was in the dicks parking lot specifically. I occasionally work right off Cary parkway and kildaire, and my phone likes to switch between 3g and 4g all day. I don't think the new back haul is hooked up but it's still a lot faster than 3g. But it's constantly switching, every 5 minutes or so. I've yet to pick it up off Jones franklin and 440 but I haven't been by there in a few days so I'll check next time.

I picked up LTE at crossroads today. It was a weak signal, - 115 db, but I still got 4.5mb down. This was in the dicks parking lot specifically. I occasionally work right off Cary parkway and kildaire, and my phone likes to switch between 3g and 4g all day. I don't think the new back haul is hooked up but it's still a lot faster than 3g. But it's constantly switching, every 5 minutes or so. I've yet to pick it up off Jones franklin and 440 but I haven't been by there in a few days so I'll check next time.

That speed is bout right for that signal...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hey everybody. I've been stalking these forums ever since I got my Evo on launch. Just wanted to give an update. I work at Verizon Business this is near Weston Pkwy and N Harrison Ave in Cary. Noticed I was getting LTE tonight inside my office. Mapped it out Sensorly so you it is showing on there. 4 or 5 bars displaying on my phone so far.. I ran a speed test as well. I'll be keeping an eye on it during my shift to see how it keeps going.

post-11739-0-47958700-1362371155_thumb.png

I wouldn't be surprised if they turn this location off soon as they keep toggling with stuff but just dealing with that struggle 3G to now having it full blown at work... loving it. Hopefully it makes it way to Capital/Louisburg Rd...... ( -_-)

I picked up LTE at crossroads today. It was a weak signal, - 115 db, but I still got 4.5mb down. This was in the dicks parking lot specifically.

Is that the Little Dick's Halfway Inn parking lot?

AJ

• Like 1

That speed is bout right for that signal...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yep I'm more than happy with that. I don't know if that's coming from the tower off dillard/Tryon or if it's a different tower.

Yep I'm more than happy with that. I don't know if that's coming from the tower off dillard/Tryon or if it's a different tower.

It's definitely coming from that tower (which, if it's the tower I think you're referring to, is the same as the Jones Franklin/440 tower.) LTE seems to be off on it today, though.

I have gotten 4G LTE today (HTC EVO) at my off near the airport and at the Salsa Fresh off of Duraliegh (near 70). Man it is nice to have 4G again since "upgrading" from my OEVO. My speeds according to the SpeedTest.Net app are:

From Salsa Fresh: 4790 down/3200 up

From My office off of Airport Blvd near Wendy's: 11532 down/8470 up

From I-40 heading East approaching Harrison Ave: 2032 down/3306 up (it switched over to 3G right before the upload test was done).

From the PNC Arena: No 4G LTE - bummer

I have gotten 4G LTE today (HTC EVO) at my off near the airport and at the Salsa Fresh off of Duraliegh (near 70). Man it is nice to have 4G again since "upgrading" from my OEVO. My speeds according to the SpeedTest.Net app are:

From Salsa Fresh: 4790 down/3200 up

From My office off of Airport Blvd near Wendy's: 11532 down/8470 up

From I-40 heading East approaching Harrison Ave: 2032 down/3306 up (it switched over to 3G right before the upload test was done).

From the PNC Arena: No 4G LTE - bummer

Also got LTE somewhere between RTP and Brier Creek on 540. Not sure where exactly, I just have a tasker profile that launches a notification when LTE is connected and I did not see it until I got home. It could have easily been near RDU as well. I've never gotten LTE anywhere in this area before. I'll keep a closer eye on it in the morning.