Report Shentel LTE Sightings Here

Somewhere out near West Manchester mall... Lost the signal going over the hill southbound on Carlisle near Lowes. Solid LTE indoors at Panera. :-)

Fast finger on sensorly captured the area south of 30 to the cemetery. ;-)

Now that you mention it, there is a water tower on the corner of Carlisle and Locust Lane that has some Large antennae and RRU's installed. I haven't passed there in about a week or so I haven't been able to check if it is a Sprint tower but if you say its a tower near the mall that's 1 potential suspect.

I'm back up in PA this weekend, just got in a few minutes ago, and had the Photon Q in LTE-only mode now that I know how to switch to that, and Sensorly running in map mode, from about I-81 mile marker 230 south of Harrisonburg VA all the way to SR283 just east of Harrisburg PA. New areas I found which were previously unmentioned and/or unmapped:

(1.) I was able to reaffirm the pocket of LTE north of the already-mapped area of Harrisonburg that I found last time but Sensorly for whatever reason didn't upload into the database properly. Looking at the Sensorly map online right now, while it wasn't yet showing up on my phone, its now showing where I mapped earlier tonight extended up just past exit 264.

(2.) Looks like I was also able to get in some more fill-in mapwise from near Edinburg just north of exit 279 up to the Strasburg area which was the southermost consistent point that was previously mapped after Harrisonburg.

(3.) As of this posting it doesn't look like the map is updated yet from this point forward, but this time when I transitioned from Maryland into PA, I held onto LTE and stayed solid without any complete disruption all the way to immediately before exit 20. Right now (again, as I type this), Sensorly only shows 3 pockets of LTE at the state line, MM10-12ish, and up around Chambersburg, but I was able to stay with and hopefully map LTE solid all the way through and between those 3 points.

(4.) I finally was able to pick up some LTE after hopping on I-76/PA Turnpike this time around. Got a good strong signal from roughly about MM231 to just past the I-83 (Harrisburg/York) gate/offramp. I also picked it up again immediately upon reaching the bridge over the Susquehanna, but it only lasted maybe a half mile at best after getting through the toll gate and onto 283 (and also dropped completely while going through the toll gate I should add).

Really hoping those last 2 end up showing up on the map properly as well, but i'm particularly happy I finally got that stubborn patch north of Harrisonburg mapped, that'd been irking me because I knew it was there, but since I'm not exactly local, I couldn't easily just drive back out and try and redo it.

• Like 2

Looks like the new areas you discovered were mapped correctly in Sensorly.

Am I on the only one who checks on a daily basis and react like a kid on Christmas morning when I see new areas mapped on Sensorly?

Looks like the new areas you discovered were mapped correctly in Sensorly.

Am I on the only one who checks on a daily basis and react like a kid on Christmas morning when I see new areas mapped on Sensorly?

I usually check a few times a week. It definitely is exciting to find new tracks.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I've noticed that the zoomed in maps seem to update quicker on sensorly. After you map an area, check the map zoomed in first. The database updates the larger area maps a bit later, and the different scale maps don't update simultaneously.

• Like 1

I live in Hagerstown Md. I happened to pass by a sprint store this evening, on the sign at the store it read :"keep a eye on your phone for lte comming soon !". I have been on the fence in regards to upgrading again to get lte since all the hype surrounding wimaxx .I went from the evo to the nexus s 4g then the S2 only to see wimaxx stall out miserably.I added a line this evening(SIII) and to my suprise lte is live and awesome!!! Comming home from best buy and in my home I have 4g lte service.

post-7512-0-49777200-1352608826_thumb.png

Edited by Phil2577
  • Like 1

Not reading as LTE, but today is the rumored launch date here in DC and I see obvious speed increase lately. I usually get 100k-300k download on a good day. The last two days my speed tests have reached 1.1mb - 1.4mb, with the above 1mb speeds starting today. Sensorly shows 4g active literally 5 minutes from my house in NE lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Not reading as LTE, but today is the rumored launch date here in DC and I see obvious speed increase lately. I usually get 100k-300k download on a good day. The last two days my speed tests have reached 1.1mb - 1.4mb, with the above 1mb speeds starting today. Sensorly shows 4g active literally 5 minutes from my house in NE lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Shentel's area does not cover DC. They have a launch schedule independent of Sprint owned markets.

Over the next 10 days shentel is going to be switching on a bunch of towers in their area ... FYI. Be on the look out for new signals.

Just got 4G at my place in Susquehanna Township just off of Progress Ave.

• Like 1

Just got 4G at my place in Susquehanna Township just off of Progress Ave.

Can we sweet-talk you into installing Sensorly on your phone, turn it on and drive around Harrisburg?? Harrisburg has more coverage than we see on the Sensorly maps. Not enough people in that area know about Sensorly and are using it.

Can we sweet-talk you into installing Sensorly on your phone, turn it on and drive around Harrisburg?? Harrisburg has more coverage than we see on the Sensorly maps. Not enough people in that area know about Sensorly and are using it.

I have sensorly and mapped the area around my place. When I get out later I'll map the rest of the area I know is covered.

This morning on my way to work I was able to connect to 4G in York, on the west side of 30 where it merges with PA 462. It's now mapped on Sensorly.

Great. Keep Sensorly running and when you get a chance, take some alternate routes and watch the Sensorly map grow. The more Sensorly users, the better.

Great. Keep Sensorly running and when you get a chance, take some alternate routes and watch the Sensorly map grow. The more Sensorly users, the better.

I hear ya, on the way home I took 234 East but my phone refused to connect to LTE. Either they blocked it or my EVO was not in the mood for some sweet LTE lovin.

Hey everyone! I'm new to the board but I've been tracking the posts. I live in the Harrisburg area and I'm very excited about the Shentel upgrades. Anyway, I'm off work today with a full tank of gas and ready to paint the map. I'm gonna start in the city and work my way out to the east shore suburbs. I know there is more coverage than what our current map is showing so ill do my best to find it. I'll also cover the Middletown area along with the airport. I drive the area alot so ill continue to update the map as much as i can.

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I'm new to the board but I've been tracking the posts. I live in the Harrisburg area and I'm very excited about the Shentel upgrades. Anyway, I'm off work today with a full tank of gas and ready to paint the map. I'm gonna start in the city and work my way out to the east shore suburbs. I know there is more coverage than what our current map is showing so ill do my best to find it. I'll also cover the Middletown area along with the airport. I drive the area alot so ill continue to update the map as much as i can.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing your war driving plotting.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Before work today I mapped quite a bit north of Harrisburg. I've said it before but I'm very impressed with Shentel's deployment.

Before work today I mapped quite a bit north of Harrisburg. I've said it before but I'm very impressed with Shentel's deployment.

Good job. Looks like there is a new site east of the river maybe along 322-22 near I-81. Fill up your gas tank and go-go-go.

I think there is a new site near the airport too and I see a weak signal on Three Mile Island.

You are correct if I have it figured right. There is more coverage than Sensorly is showing. We need people like you to contribute to Sensorly when you can. Thanks for your input.

Is Sprint the only carrier placing the RRU's behind the antennas or are other carriers doing this as well?

If they are the only ones doing this then Shentel is definitely upgrading a tower near the York Fairgrounds on West Market Street and South Richland Ave

http://goo.gl/maps/7tCMh

Good job. Looks like there is a new site east of the river maybe along 322-22 near I-81. Fill up your gas tank and go-go-go.

I think there is a new site near the airport too and I see a weak signal on Three Mile Island.

It's site 236 ... right off Industrial rd up above Wildwood. It had NV put in the 1st of November.

Is Sprint the only carrier placing the RRU's behind the antennas or are other carriers doing this as well?

If they are the only ones doing this then Shentel is definitely upgrading a tower near the York Fairgrounds on West Market Street and South Richland Ave

http://goo.gl/maps/7tCMh

AT&T and T-Mobile are also mounting RRUs behind the antennas.