Chicago and Boston LTE discoverable on Sept 21

Rasta Cheesehead

Where in the Boston area (both city and surrounding) have people successfully connected to a LTE tower? I am in the lower mills area bordering Milton and seem to only get decent 3G speeds.. i drive through the city everyday for work and never pick up an LTE signal... I also work at Somerville Hospital and don't get anything there but really slow 3G speeds... is something wrong with my phone or am I just not in the right area where there is a LTE tower?

Still 3g only around Green St area in JP and Savin Hill in Dot. The only place I'm able to get LTE is a small area around Park St station entrance on the common, but that has been on for at least a month. Pretty lame, if you ask me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I live up by Lake Zurich and this morning I was able to pull a LTE signal when I left for work (couldn't get it inside the house but did down the road). First time I have been on LTE by home.

I was on LTE for about 10 minutes but as I got closer to Cook County I was back on 3G. '

Still on 3G here in Schaumburg by Woodfield Rd.

Thank you Robert for that great response yesterday.

Still nothing this morning here in Mokena, but I'm concerned about what I believe was you, who I'll paraphrase, "EVOlte doesn't connect to LTE very well". Aww, geez, here we go again (bad memories from my first Android device, the Samsung Moment).

I know this is an LTE info site, but I shunned the Galaxy because my old Moment had useless GPS, and the orig EVO worked almost flawlessly.

This new EVO is great 95% of the time, but it definitely has it's problems. Continual "Network Error" while surfing, still cannot upload photos directly to Picasa (major fail, Sprint store said nothing wrong with phone). When switching back to home screen from internet, HUGE lag (phone basically stops for 10-15 seconds). There's more, but...

Anyhow, why did you say to go to airplane mode? Doesn't that shut off the radios?

Thanks,

Jack

Still nothing this morning here in Mokena' date=' but I'm concerned about what I believe was you, who I'll paraphrase, "EVOlte doesn't connect to LTE very well". Aww, geez, here we go again (bad memories from my first Android device, the Samsung Moment).

I know this is an LTE info site, but I shunned the Galaxy because my old Moment had useless GPS, and the orig EVO worked almost flawlessly.

This new EVO is great 95% of the time, but it definitely has it's problems. Continual "Network Error" while surfing, still cannot upload photos directly to Picasa (major fail, Sprint store said nothing wrong with phone). When switching back to home screen from internet, HUGE lag (phone basically stops for 10-15 seconds). There's more, but...

Anyhow, why did you say to go to airplane mode? Doesn't that shut off the radios?

Thanks,

Jack[/quote']

You need to cycle through airplane mode. Which means you turn on airplane mode, wait for the airplane icon to show for 5 seconds, then turn off airplane mode. That's what I was referring to when I said cycle. Sorry that I wasn't more clear.

Cycling through airplane mode forces your EVO to scan for LTE. One of the issues with the EVO is that it just doesn't like searching out LTE on its own. Forcing a scan gives you better chances of finding LTE sooner. Especially in areas where you know LTE is active.

Also, make sure you have all the latest updates on your EVO. HTC has instituted a lot of OTA's to help the LTE connectivity issues.

There is a level of irony that in the newest generation of devices that Samsung appears to have better radio performance/connections than HTC. This is opposite of 2010. In fact, Samsung was a radio flop as recent as the Galaxy Nexus.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

waiting for my sponsor donation to go through. but any word on skokie area?

I upgraded you upon receipt. You may have to sign out and back in. Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Still nothing this morning here in Mokena, but I'm concerned about what I believe was you, who I'll paraphrase, "EVOlte doesn't connect to LTE very well". Aww, geez, here we go again (bad memories from my first Android device, the Samsung Moment).

Thanks,

Jack

The wife had the Moment as well. She was hesitant about going to the Epic 4G Touch, but she loved it and it changed her mind on Samsung. It changed my mind on Samsung as well. The Moment was garbage, as was the HTC Hero. They were poorly implemented phones that were essentially the beta test for the OEMs on the Android OS.

I live up by Lake Zurich and this morning I was able to pull a LTE signal when I left for work (couldn't get it inside the house but did down the road). First time I have been on LTE by home.

I was on LTE for about 10 minutes but as I got closer to Cook County I was back on 3G. '

Still on 3G here in Schaumburg by Woodfield Rd.

I live in Schaumburg and work in Addison. I was watching for LTE last night on my way to work via the Elgin-O'hare/I355, but got nothing. I know it was still the night before the pre-launch, but I was hoping to see something. I'm still on 3G this morning at home. I really hope they get Schaumburg lit up soon. It would be nice to be able to consistently stream Google Music on my way to work. On 3G, it's a 50/50 chance that the connection will be fast enough to keep up with the songs.

Thanks,

Jack

I have none of your issues,, I even upload about 50 pictures a day to Picasa.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Here's a speed test

So that's probably from the water tower off best buy (near Boughton and Weber), I live close to there and that's the tower I pull my WiMax Signal from too! so excited! now if only I have an LTE phone :( no upgrade for me till April next year sigh.....

There is already a site live on the west side of Deerfield off Lake Cook Road. If you become a Sponsor, you have access to our sites complete map that updates every week. http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

Robert

Which map show which site is live...? so many map I'm confuse which is which

Which map show which site is live...? so many map I'm confuse which is which

Go to this link: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

Go to the Samsung map, zoom in around Deerfield. Use the legend at the bottom to see which sites have 4G and scroll the map around to locate them.

Robert

Mine is actually switchin in out at my house on newest firmware, and OTA. Will catch 4G after airplane mode toggle when in 3G prior tho sometimes, so not perfect. But I'm sure the more complete stronge the LTE becomes, and with more software upgrades, it should get better.

My hero was amazing for me! My boss is currently useing with CM7 nightly and running fantastic with no signal issues what so ever. Everyone's different.

~Stock 2.13 LTEvo Certified replacement with screen bleed... waiting for second replacement tomorrow... :o

P.S. Stock blows!

... The Moment was garbage, as was the HTC Hero. They were poorly implemented phones that were essentially the beta test for the OEMs on the Android OS.

NOW you tell me the Hero was crap. After I had to find out on my own. :lol:

I'm ready for an upgrade and really like the EVO LTE, but I'm still gunshy with all the connectivity problems.

• Like 1

Where in north? I am here too near the CVS at 1 and 1a and haven't seen anything yet.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

we are in same neighborhood,, you sure you're lte radio is on? It's in and out right now but it was very strong near the cvs.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

NOW you tell me the Hero was crap. After I had to find out on my own. :lol:

I'm ready for an upgrade and really like the EVO LTE, but I'm still gunshy with all the connectivity problems.

Yeah, I suffered 2 years with that phone. Then someone bought it from me for $150... crazy.

Do the words "insufficient memory" throw you into a psychotic rage? My blood pressure went up 40 points just writing the words together. You must have the patience of a saint to still be using that phone.

• Like 1

we are in same neighborhood,, you sure you're lte radio is on? It's in and out right now but it was very strong near the cvs.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Oh yes I am sure. I have been to the tower at exit 3 on 95 as well to check and nothing so far. I will be by CVS again later this evening and will try again. Maybe defective LTE radio. I have toggled LTE/ cdma and airplane mode and nada...I do have lte record listed in ##data# though so maybe its not defective and I am just impatient.

Oh yes I am sure. I have been to the tower at exit 3 on 95 as well to check and nothing so far. I will be by CVS again later this evening and will try again. Maybe defective LTE radio. I have toggled LTE/ cdma and airplane mode and nada...I do have lte record listed in ##data# though so maybe its not defective and I am just impatient.

this is from this morning right near the cvs,, right in the neighborhood.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

post-3641-13482547146433_thumb.jpg