Going to get my 4th Galaxy Nexus...

Gab2012

In July, I upgraded my OG Evo4g in order to get the Galaxy nexus which was on sale back then.

The first phone had a ton of stock apps force closing randomly (this happened right at the sprint store as the tech was activating it)

Second phone on the same day seemed okay, took it home and started experiencing a ton of dropped calls. Thought it was an issue with the tower but only the nexus had this problem and when I took it to sprint they replaced it claiming it had a bad radio. Sprint offered me an Epic 4g touch or a LG viper. I took the same model because none of the above compared to the Nexus in terms of specs and features.

phone #3 (Which I still have right now until I get it replaced tomorrow) Won't send text messages and constantly sends all incoming calls to voicemail. I filed a network ticket to see if it was an issue with Galaxy Nexus phones but it turns out I was the only one experiencing this issue. The galaxy nexus phones at 3 different sprint stores were working fine.

Sprint took a look at it for around 3 hours yesterday and they couldn't determine the problem so they once again low balled me offering me a refurbished LG Viper or a Refurn Epic 4g touch. I declined because none of those phones come close to the gnex specs.

Phone #4 arrives tomorrow, I hope it works I'm digging jellybean :)

Sorry for the long post, thought I'd share my experience with you guys

I can't confirm, the manager said those were the only phones the system would allow for an exchange but I was told by the tech that corporate stores(the manager I'm dealing with is from a corporate store here) were able to make exceptions to offer exchanges for any type of phone as long as there was a problem with the original model the customer bought.

The problem is the manager at my store isn't tech savvy at all and claims that these 3 phones are equal.

I can't confirm, the manager said those were the only phones the system would allow for an exchange but I was told by the tech that corporate stores(the manager I'm dealing with is from a corporate store here) were able to make exceptions to offer exchanges for any type of phone as long as there was a problem with the original model the customer bought.

The problem is the manager at my store isn't tech savvy at all and claims that these 3 phones are equal.

Being tech savvy should be a job requirement this day and age. The GNex far exceeds the Viper and the now dying WiMax you'd be stuck with on the Epic 4G Touch.

• 2 weeks later...

So I take it to mean that Sprint may only offer me a Galaxy Nexus or GS 2 in exchange for my Viper which is suffering from the same symptoms as the 1st one I had?

That is unlikely. Customers have noted that phone replacement lists are usually not inclusive, and may even change over time.

I can't confirm, the manager said those were the only phones the system would allow for an exchange

This is likely true.

but I was told by the tech that corporate stores(the manager I'm dealing with is from a corporate store here) were able to make exceptions to offer exchanges for any type of phone as long as there was a problem with the original model the customer bought.

This is unlikely. You'd probably have better luck through Care, all things considered. Unless this whole issue has already resolved itself.

That is unlikely. Customers have noted that phone replacement lists are usually not inclusive, and may even change over time.

This is likely true.

This is unlikely. You'd probably have better luck through Care, all things considered. Unless this whole issue has already resolved itself.

The problem is still present with my 4th Galaxy Nexus. I don't know what else to do. I'm going to end up buying something else up front.

It kills me not to be able to do basic things like send text messages or receive them on time.

I need to make a phone call from the nexus in order to get the system to refresh and deliver my text messages. In order to do this I call my voice mail and during the call the messages(if any) start to arrive.

All of these problems are with the Galaxy nexus only. My other phones on the account work fine.

Right now in order to stay ahead with my daily communications, I'm using a $25 AT&T go phone I bought at walgreens to text people.

Edited by Gab2012

Does it still send all incoming calls to voicemail?

Have you tried Google Voice? It uses data instead of SMS for texting, and I find it works better overall. Not to mention, it takes over your voicemail, which works better than Sprint's. Now, this would be a "bandaid" fix, not an actual one, but it might just work well enough to make you happy.

Does it still send all incoming calls to voicemail?

Have you tried Google Voice? It uses data instead of SMS for texting, and I find it works better overall. Not to mention, it takes over your voicemail, which works better than Sprint's. Now, this would be a "bandaid" fix, not an actual one, but it might just work well enough to make you happy.

Gvoice isnt available in Puerto Rico. it doesnt send calls to voice mail. I meant to say that in order to make my phone fetch my text messages from the network that I have to make any sort of phone call. and for that I use my voice mail. After hanging up the phone call, all the messages that were sent to me are actually received by the phone.

Gvoice isnt available in Puerto Rico. it doesnt send calls to voice mail. I meant to say that in order to make my phone fetch my text messages from the network that I have to make any sort of phone call. and for that I use my voice mail. After hanging up the phone call, all the messages that were sent to me are actually received by the phone.

Oh, I didn't mean that. In your OP you said phone #3 was constantly sending incoming calls to voicemail. That, plus the SMS issues, usually point to an issue with the phone keeping connected to the network, usually only seen in fringe areas (at least around where I live). How does your 1X signal strength compare to other phones?

Oh, I didn't mean that. In your OP you said phone #3 was constantly sending incoming calls to voicemail. That, plus the SMS issues, usually point to an issue with the phone keeping connected to the network, usually only seen in fringe areas (at least around where I live). How does your 1X signal strength compare to other phones?

ah okay, and I cant really say the phone is showing I'm connected to EVDO Rev A but the speeds are no where near other phones on evdo rev A

The problem is still present with my 4th Galaxy Nexus. I don't know what else to do. I'm going to end up buying something else up front.

It kills me not to be able to do basic things like send text messages or receive them on time.

I need to make a phone call from the nexus in order to get the system to refresh and deliver my text messages. In order to do this I call my voice mail and during the call the messages(if any) start to arrive.

All of these problems are with the Galaxy nexus only. My other phones on the account work fine.

Right now in order to stay ahead with my daily communications, I'm using a $25 AT&T go phone I bought at walgreens to text people.

Maybe you can get them to give you a Galaxy Victory if they won't give you a flagship. Phone Arena gave it very decent reviews for a mid-range phone. I'm going to try to get them to give me one for my Viper.

Edit: The Galaxy Victory has a Quadrant Standard score of 4129 and the Galaxy Nexus has a score of 2023.

Maybe you can get them to give you a Galaxy Victory if they won't give you a flagship. Phone Arena gave it very decent reviews for a mid-range phone. I'm going to try to get them to give me one for my Viper.

Edit: The Galaxy Victory has a Quadrant Standard score of 4129 and the Galaxy Nexus has a score of 2023.

Sucks but it had to be done, agreed to get an Epic 4g Touch instead of my 5h Nexus.

My upgrade is in early 2013 so I may get something with LTE by then.

I tried for the victory but it wasn't listed in the corporate exchange system. Only options were the Viper, Epic 4g touch, Evo design and samsung transform.

Edited by Gab2012

Sucks but it had to be done' date=' agreed to get an Epic 4g Touch instead of my 5h Nexus.

My upgrade is in early 2013 so I may get something with LTE by then.

I tried for the victory but it wasn't listed in the corporate exchange system. Only options were the Viper, Epic 4g touch, Evo design and samsung transform.[/quote']

Wow, that sucks. I'm sure they could have done it for the galaxy victory, but they obviously can't stand to lose profit, because it comes out their paychecks at the end of the month.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner