Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I see another site complete in oak creek in by the lions club. Anyone getting LTE there? I don't see anything on sensorly yet. 

I whizzed by it today and didn't even think to look (or listen) for an LTE signal. But I was en route to a call and really didn't have a chance to do so, either.

I see another site complete in oak creek in by the lions club. Anyone getting LTE there? I don't see anything on sensorly yet. 

Yes it's online. I mapped down Shepard & back along Purtz to fill in the purple gaps.

It's a very low tower & the signal strength only gets really strong when you get close to it.

In the Lion's parking lot I got: ping 68ms, 18.98 Mbps down & 10.31 Mbps up using Speedtest on an SG4.

The signal from the tower on Howell seems to cover more area.

Nice to have this overlap & maybe some coverage onto Ryan road.

Still goes back to 3G along most of Ryan from Howell passed I-94 until you get to 27th Street then you can pick up the active Franklin tower.

Does anyone know what's going in Menomonee Falls?  One of my lines is basically unusable out there, she's using a Samsung Conquer 4g so that's probably part of the problem, but its been like this for months.  I'm going out there tonight to verify the problem.

Yesterday, at the Oak Creek water tower on 27th st, workers on a lift seemed to be moving the panels off of the water tower and onto a newly erected tower nearby. This is (I believe) a Sprint tower so hopefully this work pushes forward LTE from this location.

• Like 1

Racine is prolly going to be lit up real soon. A few wees ago I saw techs on the tower by 20 and 94, yesterday I got word from a friend that Sturtevant had gotten it's 4g turned on and sure enough when I drive past the tower a half mile from my house its got NV panels and rru on it. Due to it being dark I didn't investigate beyond the car but I'm for sure going to check it out before work tomorrow.

I also got to talk to a tower commissioner today and he said they've been doing a lot of testing in Sheboygan lately. It almost feels like the calm before the storm with all this recent activity.

• Like 1

First time this has happened to me.

I live in the south east corner of Franklin, today, while inside the house, Signal Check Pro sounded the alert that I had switched over from 1xRTT to 1X800. Signal strength was -105db but usable. I was able to make an outgoing call. (3G was on roaming).

Went outside & it switched back to 1xRTT with a signal strength in the mid -90's.

Did this 3 or 4 times during the afternoon, nothing this evening.

I suspect it might be coming from the tower near 51st & Ryan that's been upgraded to LTE for a while now.

• Like 1

VERY interesting thing happened yesterday. I responded to a call regarding missing equipment. Turns out to be a site that was in the process of receiving the NV upgrade but someone stole equipment and spools that were stored inside the gated area. I was able to snap all kinds of photos but I can't post images of the aftermath and disclose any real details until after the investigation is complete.

Stay tuned.

• Like 2

VERY interesting thing happened yesterday. I responded to a call regarding missing equipment. Turns out to be a site that was in the process of receiving the NV upgrade but someone stole equipment and spools that were stored inside the gated area. I was able to snap all kinds of photos but I can't post images of the aftermath and disclose any real details until after the investigation is complete.

Stay tuned.

What would that robber expect to do with that equipment?  Sigh...

I'm heading out to the Brewers (eh..hem, the Cardinals) game tonight, really hope that Miller Park is still broadcasting the goodness and its usable.  Look forward to actually being able to send a text message at that stadium.  A feat I haven't been able to accomplish in the 10 years I've been here.....okay, the last 5-6 were full of texting, those first few years, I couldn't T9 text to save my soul so I didn't.

First time this has happened to me.I live in the south east corner of Franklin, today, while inside the house, Signal Check Pro sounded the alert that I had switched over from 1xRTT to 1X800. Signal strength was -105db but usable. I was able to make an outgoing call. (3G was on roaming).Went outside & it switched back to 1xRTT with a signal strength in the mid -90's.Did this 3 or 4 times during the afternoon, nothing this evening.I suspect it might be coming from the tower near 51st & Ryan that's been upgraded to LTE for a while now.

I also live in the southeast corner of Franklin, but none of the 1x800 switching has happened to me. I get a nice LTE signal in my yard (-100ish), but rarely connect indoors. Sigh, someday I'll be able to cut my landline. I've only seen 1x800 at my cabin north of the Dells.

1x800 has been working intermittently on the towers south of 94 midway between Madison and Milwaukee. Unfortunately, while data is greatly improved... voice calls are dropping more frequently in that area than in the past. It seems there may be problems with handoff's between the towers and weak signals.

I am beginning to see a pattern where sometimes the new towers are coming online with inexplicably low power output...

I was at the brewers game yesterday and was getting really good performance before, during, and after the game. No issues what so ever. It was nice for once.

Any ideas that the issue is with the Loomis Rd & 894 tower? That thing has been marked at accepted for weeks with no Sensorly LTE mapping yet.