sajanisch

Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

Nice! I see a blip on sensorly. That signal look a little too strong to be coming from the Miller Park tower.... There must be another one in testing near by!

There was another tower in that area added to the sites complete map this morning when I checked!

I'm currently mapping while I deliver the mail.... don't tell my boss.

Looks like there's LTE now around Lomira on 41.

There was another tower in that area added to the sites complete map this morning when I checked!

Holy crap! I must have looked to early. I saw the new sites complete post, but I didn't see anything new on the map. That's awesome! Getting closer to me!

• Like 1

Yea Virgin sucks up north I have a place north of the dells and have zero to very little reception. Also they said that 4g is supposedly turned on on the north side of Racine. I'll have to find out for sure.

Maybe Ryan Braun can help with the 4G build out?

:)

• Like 3

At the Brewers game. While speeds on 4G are not amazing, 1.5 mbps, they are adequate and not unusable like in the past on 3G

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Also my signal is 96-100 dbm so I wonder if the stadium structure blocks some of the close 4G tower signal

11.2 mbps outside after game.

Yea Virgin sucks up north I have a place north of the dells and have zero to very little reception. Also they said that 4g is supposedly turned on on the north side of Racine. I'll have to find out for sure.

Downtown by 6th and main. Not quite the north side but it's in Racine. That's the only accepted tower I've seen the city.

I had ANOTHER informative meeting at a Sprint cell site after work today. I stopped at the water tower next to UW Waukesha because it's not too far from my work. There were a few trucks and a crew of about 5 guys walking around the base. So, of course, I parked and walked up. One of the guys walked over (wicked British accent) to talk to me. He said they were supposed to be installing Sprint panels on the water tower, "putting up new 3g and then 4g" I believe the guy said. He said they were supposed to be done by Friday, but they weren't given access to work on the water tower yet. So I'm guessing they just started today, I didn't see anything new on the water tower, and I didn't see any new panels laying around. They did have a truck with an enclosed trailer. Based on that info, I'd say that site should be done early next week I hope.

I asked him if they were going to be working on any other cell sites in the area. He said they had one other one in Waukesha they were supposed to do next. He didn't say which one. He also didn't seem to thrilled to be talking to me, so I let him go after that. The AT&T fiber guy was way more talkative.

• Like 2

That's good news. I live in Waukesha and drive a ups truck around the south side of pewaukee so hopefully I'll get 4g in both places from that tower.

Haven't seen any activity in Sussex or Pewaukee.  

This is the tower I connect to at home.  Is the bottom antenna array Sprint?  I originally thought the top since it looks nearly identical to the bottom one except it has additional panels in the middle of each side... those almost look like NV panels, but they've been there for quite awhile and I hadn't noticed any RRUs.  I think the tower is shared with at least Verizon.  The middle section is the newest part of the tower.

Untitled.jpg

The top looks like it's sprint. Not nv though. There aren't any rru from what I can tell.

I became a sponsor today because of the great information shared here. Can't wait for Waukesha to get turned on

Thanks for your donation, I did the same thing. This site, helped me from almost throwing my phone at the wall. Chicago market was rough on sprint users, Yet it has the most sites done and has had voice on 800. Which I love, I loved my nextel for that and now I love my sprint service with it :-)

P.S. I also have learned so much about wireless technology

• Like 1

First Post.

I live/work in Burlington.  While the local towers are still just doing 3G, the CDMA 800 mhz (1x800) that's been working since late June has improved voice service significantly for me.

I was never able to use my phone at work (I work in the basement of a large concrete building) as it would show "No Service" 95% of the time.  Since the upgrade, I can use both voice and sms without any problem at my desk (I still use wifi for data).

Hopefully LTE gets turned on in the city of Burlington soon, but so far so good.

Here's in the basement at work:

prHr09D.png

And at home (1.84 Miles from tower, heavily wooded near my house):

BHLLlq0.png

Haven't seen any activity in Sussex or Pewaukee.  

This is the tower I connect to at home.  Is the bottom antenna array Sprint?  I originally thought the top since it looks nearly identical to the bottom one except it has additional panels in the middle of each side... those almost look like NV panels, but they've been there for quite awhile and I hadn't noticed any RRUs.  I think the tower is shared with at least Verizon.  The middle section is the newest part of the tower.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

I'm still learning how to spot Sprint antennas myself. I usually just look for the thinnest, oldest-looking panels and assume they are Sprint's  :zip:

Take a look at the Samsung identification page on this forum and it'll show you what the new stuff looks like. I've posted pics in here before that show complete sites and it helps a little in showing what the older stuff next to the new looks like.

First Post.

I live/work in Burlington.  While the local towers are still just doing 3G, the CDMA 800 mhz (1x800) that's been working since late June has improved voice service significantly for me.

I was never able to use my phone at work (I work in the basement of a large concrete building) as it would show "No Service" 95% of the time.  Since the upgrade, I can use both voice and mms without any problem at my desk (I still use wifi for data).

Hopefully LTE gets turned on in the city of Burlington soon, but so far so good.

Here's in the basement at work:

And at home (1.84 Miles from tower, heavily wooded near my house):

That's great to see and hear!  I need SMR800 here at my work as well.  I get a bar, maybe 2 at max.  Tears up my battery life.  Of course, the LTE speeds will help too. 

Take a look at the Samsung identification page on this forum and it'll show you what the new stuff looks like. I've posted pics in here before that show complete sites and it helps a little in showing what the older stuff next to the new looks like.

Can you tell us where to find that page? I find it very difficult to find anything on this website. I have like 3-4 topics/pages that I check regularly and then there's a giant pile of other pages. 

Never the network page. Don't go into markets but scroll down and there's some other topics. Just look for the page that says how to spot antenna Samsung style. I lm pretty sure that's what it says at least m

Sweet! Found it. Thanks!

The top looks like it's sprint. Not nv though. There aren't any rru from what I can tell.

It's not the greatest pic (from Google street view :)), but yeah no visible RRUs when I've gotten closer to it in person.  What would those extra panels in the middle of each side be?  Most of the Sprint antennas I've seen just have the two thin antennas at each corner of the triangle. 

I've seen the pics in the Samsung antenna thread, but I guess I need to see a completed tower in person to get a better idea.  I've seen the Hartland tower at hwy 83 and 16, but not close enough (not sure if there's any easy way to get close to it). 

The middle ones on the top rack are evdo antenna iirc. I've been wrong before though...