sajanisch

Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

16587 down  6189 up with 56ms ping-----I'm Ok with this

I'm naive I guess but am confused as to Sensorly mappings of LTE. If the signal in many places is fleeting at best all this does is tease us-no?

How will the mapping differ say 6 months from now? Thx.

It's not weak nor fleeting if the Sensorly measurements were taken next to the live LTE site. Mapping only occurs where Sensorly users drive and report using the Sensorly app. 6 months from now there will be dozens more sites live. However, they will only be shown on Sensorly, if users map them out using the Sensorly app.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

First post, but have been following this thread for a while now. Just got my GS4 on Monday last week(up from GS2). We were out on the boat on Michigan waiting for the fireworks, I had 4G from as far south as the Lake Express dock. And as far north as UWM. When we came in and hit the river, the 4G would come in and out.

By the time we pulled off and headed home it was back to 3G.

It was exciting for me as I haven't had any 4G experience so the speeds were really cool. My wife has a GS3 and she had 4G signal as well.

I wish they'd hurry up and get it going out here in Waukesha, having it for that little bit has really made me want it more.

On my sensorly app I have LTE on the streets, but since I live a good distance in between two streets, I do not get LTE. So close, yet so far.

Connected to 4g signal at Walmart on

East Capitol, must be from the estabrook tower.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Just had LTE for a second on cass and kilbourne, now it is back to 3G. Testing the tower maybe?

Just had LTE for a second on cass and kilbourne, now it is back to 3G. Testing the tower maybe?

I would bet you briefly connected to the tower that is covering the lakefront.

• Like 1

I have a friend who says he is getting 62 down and 17 up in downtown Milwaukee.  Is that possible?  In Milwaukee?

Pics or it didn't happen!

Asked for a complete screen shot. 

Yup, the Estabrook tower is certainly broadcasting LTE finally! 

I took a walk around the Capital / Oakland intersection area while running some errands today, mapping everything on Sensorly. I'll do some more mapping tomorrow. 

Have 1 bar standing in my living room:

Sensorly_Sprint_Sprint_1373346662628.png

Snapped a screen shot, wasn't able to run a speed test before it lost LTE and went back to 3G.

post-18829-0-94210700-1373347391_thumb.jpg

Was able to get a speedtest in during the early innings of the Brewer game at Miller Park.  Not a very consistent signal, but I still thought I was dreaming because it didn't take 20 minutes and 40% battery for me to check in on Foursquare.

post-13982-0-56643100-1373368971_thumb.png

Edited by asnigro

Im at Aurora St. Lukes. Just saw i lost eHRPD and EVDO lit up. I just toggled airplane mode and LTE came on. Will try and go outside to grab a signal and update.

Im at Aurora St. Lukes. Just saw i lost eHRPD and EVDO lit up. I just toggled airplane mode and LTE came on. Will try and go outside to grab a signal and update.

No way! Wait, so you're out in New Berlin on National Ave? That's awesome! They are getting closer to the areas that I frequent! Waukesha and Greenfield!

Aww. There's also an Aurora St. Lukes Medical Center out in New Berlin on National Ave. It's not as big though. Oh well, at least there's more progress going on. That's all I really care about. 

Aww. There's also an Aurora St. Lukes Medical Center out in New Berlin on National Ave. It's not as big though. Oh well, at least there's more progress going on. That's all I really care about. 

I wish that was where it came online...  thats pretty close to where I work.

Update

I still have been in and out of 3g/1X. I am now not even connecting to 3G. It seemed Signal Check Pro listed LTE when i switched to Airplane mode. Im 99% sure there is work going on at the tower.

Tower is listed as SID 4153, NID 84, BID 543

• Like 1

Just had LTE on the Eastside by Maryland and Newberry. Lost it at Locus. Friend stated he has it at UWM Union. Confirming in a few minutes.

• Like 1

I'm so confused. SignalCheck Pro is giving me an address for the tower I'm connected to. But, the tower/antenna doesn't show up on antennasearch.com and when I drive to that location, there is nothing around. I want to physically see these towers. What am I doing wrong?