Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

And I must admit I am surprised that VZW wins the market. For "3G," Milwaukee is one of VZW's few PCS 1900 MHz only markets. It was PrimeCo before the merger 15 years ago. No AirTouch, no Bell Atlantic Mobile, no GTE. So, band 13 is paramount -- no other low band spectrum. Everything else is mid band.

AJ

I miss the PrimeCo alien. He brought me my first phone from Mars. :)

One if those cool Qualcomm phones back in the day.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Just in time for Christmas raffle -- enter to win a new 64gb samsung galaxy note 5 white!

Buying a ticket will also make you a sponsor, which gives you access to lots of cool info!

Very close to becoming fully funded.  This means you have GREAT odds on this Samsung Flagship CA phone with a processors that rarely throttles and enough storage for even someone like me. Plus it helps keep the lights on!!

• Like 1

Just in time for Christmas raffle -- enter to win a new 64gb samsung galaxy note 5 white!

Buying a ticket will also make you a sponsor, which gives you access to lots of cool info!

Very close to becoming fully funded.  This means you have GREAT odds on this Samsung Flagship CA phone with a processors that rarely throttles and enough storage for even someone like me. Plus it helps keep the lights on!!

Oh no...  They've gotten to you too.  Ads everywhere.  :lol:

spads.jpg

Oh no... They've gotten to you too. Ads everywhere. [emoji38]

attachicon.gif spads.jpg

Yup: websites, TV, radio, church. The alternative is subscriptions or [emoji33] taxes [emoji6]

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Agree everyone's experience will differ. All I can tell you is that after MANY years in the exact same spots I've tested in the Milw area Sprint sucks to say the least. Just did a test from my house in Waukesha. Outside in a Spark listed strong signal area. Sprint iPhone 6; 2.0 megabit D/L, .5 megabits U/P. Att iPhone 6 in same spot. 18 megabit down, 9 megabit up. I can repeat this in West Allis where I work with similar results.

post-9245-0-09401700-1449939815_thumb.png

Edited by dequardo

Agree everyone's experience will differ. All I can tell you is that after MANY years in the exact same spots I've tested in the Milw area Sprint sucks to say the least. Just did a test from my house in Waukesha. Outside in a Spark listed strong signal area. Sprint iPhone 6; 2.0 megabit D/L, .5 megabits U/P. Att iPhone 6 in same spot. 18 megabit down, 9 megabit up. I can repeat this in West Allis where I work with similar results.

*3001#12345#*

Verify if you are indeed on B41

If Sprint doesn't work well enough for your needs, then leave. Use what works best where you live and work.

People can do whatever they want.  But the problem arises when they take personal assessments and make sweeping judgments.  "Sprint sucks in Milwaukee -- AT&T is better."  But objective testing shows that not to be true.

For a different example, someone could live, work, and shop only near the approximately 10 T-Mobile sites in the entire Omaha metro and think that T-Mobile offers great speeds.  That is called coincidence.  For the entire Omaha market, though, T-Mobile is abysmal.

Basically, some people are just lucky with a provider, unlucky with another.  And those circumstances can lead to expectation bias, reaffirming positive and negative presumptions.  That is why I do not take personal assessments of wireless service quality very seriously.

AJ

• Like 2

TY

Sorry, S4GRU does host public pronouncements that you are leaving.  That is not productive posting.  We simply do not care.  S4GRU does not exist to recruit nor retain subs.  Yet, you act like you are gloating, like you are making a smarter move to AT&T.  Whatever, we do not care.

So, your posts about porting to AT&T are going away soon.  You might as well leave now.  You can come back.  But why would you?  If you never became an S4GRU sponsor to educate yourself on Sprint site/deployment suitability for your needs and have left Sprint, you have made your decisions.

AJ

• Like 1

Funny I renewed my sponsorship this week. Are you offering a refund?

Talk to Robert.  Per our member rolls, you currently are not a sponsor.  If you have been a sponsor in the past, then I am mistaken.  However, if so, that sponsorship has expired.

To add to my post, S4GRU never kicks anyone out for choosing a different provider.  Again, we do not care.  And we have plenty of members and sponsors of all levels who presently do not use Sprint.  But, to be clear, we do not accept posts declaring that you are leaving for another provider.

AJ

I understand. I only posted that when others encouraged me to leave. That I assume is allowed.

When someone appears fed up with Sprint, members or even staff may recommend that the person find a different provider.  Occasionally, we do that.  And we hope that the grass truly is greener on the other side for that person.

But what we do not allow is gloating out of context reports/pics from the other side.  That tends to fall under our trolling rules.

AJ

Presumptuous. I renewed my sponsorship this week. Are you offering a refund?

You entered the Note 5 contest. That gives you an extended sponsorship for 6 months. I can refund your entry if you like, but it will remove you from the drawing. You must send me a Private Message before 8 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday 12/15 requesting a refund and withdrawal from the raffle. After that it cannot be refunded.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone know why the delay in Carrier Aggregation in Madison? Seems to be just about everywhere I had previously experienced "Spark," except in Madison, where I actually live. Haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Anyone know why the delay in Carrier Aggregation in Madison? Seems to be just about everywhere I had previously experienced "Spark," except in Madison, where I actually live. Haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well, it was live at one point on my tower in Fitchburg, but isn't anymore. I'm concerned that we still have a few holes in B41 that they're waiting to fill for some reason. Towers near me in Verona and the Southwest side of Madison still lack B41 and equipment. Not sure what the hold up is as they have microwave back haul. Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait......and pepper Marcelo's twitter with requests.

It's funny because finally having LTE here in locations makes using my phone ever more frustrating in the dead zones between. And there are a lot here (pretty much any building) and on my commute. Sprint HAS to get with the infill here this year, I pray.

Sent from my Sprint Note5 for your reading pleasure

What is the best way to make sure certain  holes are filled in with densification?   Is a message to Tracy Elizabeth Nolan going to far?      

Not sure if it's too far, but I did send a quick message to Jim Mills.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/jim-mills-joins-sprint-as-president-illinois-and-wisconsin-region.htm

Sprint may not hold enough BRS/EBS spectrum in Madison to run 2x CA.  TDS, the parent company of USCC, holds some legacy BRS spectrum that Sprint cannot use within a 35 mile radius of Madison.  So, that limits Sprint to two separate swaths of contiguous BRS spectrum, one 12 MHz, the other 28 MHz.  Only the 28 MHz chunk can support a single 20 MHz TDD carrier.  Any other 20 MHz TDD carriers would have to be deployed in EBS spectrum, which presently may be occupied by WiMAX.  Sprint also may have limited EBS spectrum -- I am uncertain about those holdings in Madison.

http://fisci.tech/blog/the-sprint-spectrum/

AJ