Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Sadly I guess it wasn't touched but I also figured the Morgan tower is in a optimization process. There are 26 open tickets from last Wednesday March 4th for vision network updates, I was told the last ticket will close on 3/12/15. {dates may change} Those I'm guessing is 41 band updates but remember optimization of towers could take longer. So note "Milwaukee is in for serious upgrades." You know the long wait for 4g LTE well I hope spark doesn't take as long as the long wait for 4g.

Checked the status and Milwaukee area still reporting 13 remaining tickets open for network upgrades. ETA:03/18-03/22 (max)

cell site optimization also in affect in all areas. New features coming:Sprint Spark, new features includes HD voice service and WiFi calling capability.

Information given was from sprint CSR.

Checked the status and Milwaukee area still reporting 13 remaining tickets open for network upgrades. ETA:03/18-03/22 (max)

cell site optimization also in affect in all areas. New features coming:Sprint Spark, new features includes HD voice service and WiFi calling capability.

Information given was from sprint CSR.

They list wifi calling as a network enhancement for a local area? Hahahaha...

HD voice has been available for a while, too.

Well at least we know optimization is in process. Though has anyone experienced enhanced service?

• Like 1

Seems like sprint is working on smaller markets in wisconsin for sprint spark as I see on the coverage map. But I haven't seen anything to go "woah" or hol*y **** about. I've been a customer since 2011. 5mbps down and up is the wow I get well inside my home.

• 2 weeks later...

I really need quick help please. What kind of B41 speeds are people seeing in West Allis, Brookfield and Waukesha?

I was at the Sprint store last night and unplugged their repeater/booster. I was seeing 30mb downloads which blew me away. WiFi off. Saw it on a SG4 and Sg5. When I tried the managers iP6plus and Note 4 in the exact same spot I was only seeing 5mb down. This made zero sense to me. Any explanation?

Thanks!

Edited by dequardo

I really need quick help please. What kind of B41 speeds are people seeing in West Allis, Brookfield and Waukesha?

I was at the Sprint store last night and unplugged their repeater/booster. I was seeing 30mb downloads which blew me away. WiFi off. Saw it on a SG4 and Sg5. When I tried the managers iP6plus and Note 4 in the exact same spot I was only seeing 5mb down. This made zero sense to me. Any explanation?

Thanks!

There are alot of variables that go into the speed you get. If I'm near a tower, I usually see 30 - 40Mbps. I've seen as high as like 68Mbps too. It's possible their phones weren't on B41 too... Maybe once you unplugged their signal booster, their phones just hopped on regular 1900Mhz LTE, which is probably the most crowded frequency, as it was the first one Sprint deployed, and alot of their first LTE phones ONLY supported that band.

No, but 41 is the preferred band, followed by 25 and then 26. In my experience it switches from 41 to 25 at 1-2 bars when on the same tower (depending on where I am in my house).

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/milwaukee-wi/2015/1H

Root Metrics for Milwaukee out for 1H 2015. Sprint in 3rd but not terrible.

I can't help but wonder how USCC would do in the MKE market among the other four. It's too bad they don't include them in USCC major markets.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

I can't help but wonder how USCC would do in the MKE market among the other four. It's too bad they don't include them in USCC major markets.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Would have to be very high.

KtSbj2J.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning. May be looking to travel up toward Madison in the next few weeks, and was curious to know how performance is on the west side of Madison, as well as points west outside the city. From the maps, it looks like once you go west of Mt. Horeb, you're in 3G, or you're off network and roaming. Thanks in advance! 

Edited by atm4three

Good morning. May be looking to travel up toward Madison in the next few weeks, and was curious to know how performance is on the west side of Madison, as well as points west outside the city. From the maps, it looks like once you go west of Mt. Horeb, you're in 3G, or you're off network and roaming. Thanks in advance! 

Depends on where you are heading exactly, but anything West of Mt. Horeb down 151 is definitely roaming land (maybe until the RRP gets going in the future?).  West side of Madison (Madison, Middleton, Verona) has pretty good coverage.  Where specifically are you heading?