Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

You found the problem.

Yeah, there would certainly be pushback against an actual tower over there, and Madison has very stringent requirements for towers, but you'd think something could get integrated into a rooftop. I know three different people who dropped sprint because coverage is so weak in that neighborhood, and when I visit them, I really can't argue against them - the coverage is terrible.

Where is the Milwaukee market as far as size goes.  I thought it was in the top 50 before.  I'm asking because the post in the forum today that claimed Sprint is putting in 500M a year into small cells in the top 50 markets.  That would be nice because the spacing of towers around me is less than fabulous, but still is satisfactory.   

• Like 1

Where is the Milwaukee market as far as size goes.  I thought it was in the top 50 before.  I'm asking because the post in the forum today that claimed Sprint is putting in 500M a year into small cells in the top 50 markets.  That would be nice because the spacing of towers around me is less than fabulous, but still is satisfactory.   

Well, I googled it and it would appear that Milwaukee is one of the top 50 according to this page...

http://navigation.sprint.com/topmarkets.html

• 3 weeks later...

What does that even mean? DAS at Miller Park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Means you'll experience usable LTE in an otherwise hostile wireless environment due to over saturated wireless connection (due to overcrowding).

Quick info on Miller Park DAS...

http://www.gctech.us/projects/miller-park/

One area Sprint could add a tower to (I'm sure easier said than done) is downtown Greendale. I'm even cutting in/out of 3G data there.

But really, hopefully at some point Sprint will look to improve coverage in some areas vs rely on Band 26 will fix everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

B41 in the dells along with b26 not optimizeD. havin a great stay with the family and Sprint is stay in strong

• Like 1

I have to say it was leaps and bounds better then last year. Stayed in the wilderness just like every year moved around the Dell's a bit too and didn't lose lte once the whole time I was there. and data was always more useable then the hotel WiFi. I don't know what happend this past year but the wilderness's WiFi has gone to hell. But where the WiFi failed Sprint picked up the slack.

• Like 2

I didn't even touch their wifi. I originally had my note 3 active but had my iPhone on me just in case the note didn't work out and sure enough I had to switch to the iPhone. I didn't watch it too closely while there since I was trying to detach from work and technology for once but whenever I needed to use my phone I was able without an issue.

Part of me has wanted to switch to big red so my calls are a little more consistent and not as noise filled but for the $5 more a month I would pay than I am now its not worth it to lose my unlimited data and give up on the network when I just went through all the struggles we all have this last year or so.

I guess I've never experienced what you do with calls. I always hate when I call my sister who has vz in Burlington wi cuz it's almost hard to understand what she is saying but on the other hand my mom with Sprint its crystal clear now with he voice. Must have something to do with codec between carriers? Any who I was quite impressed with Sprint these past months if only the tower by my work would get lte and 800 voice. But 3g runs fast there so can't really complain.

Edit: How is lte in Racine? Pretty reliable? I've went out there a couple times and it always seemed pretty good.

Edited by eljayyy91
  • Like 1

When someone calls me sometimes I'll get a weird dialup like tone that comes and goes in the background and it's only on my end. If I hang up and call back it goes away.

LTE in Racine is pretty good. Same as the rest of the market. The gaps with no LTE are shrinking and speeds are fast enough to be useable. My dads house is the one spot where I don't catch a good signal so doing anything on 3G over there takes some time but I barely go over there so it doesn't effect me too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving that band 26 helps out for indoor coverage alot. Chatted with a kind lady on sprint chat and good news for southsiders morgan ave tower by southgate walmart located around @27th and Ohio. "The Tower is being upgraded to Network Vision with a ETR: 03/04/2015 18:00:00 CST. Hopeing for 41 pretty sure it is. Will do my best for photos.