Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Still couldn't get 4g inside the apple store the other day. [emoji107]

Well it was just approved. I didn't get strong signal outside on Monday night so it may not be turned on yet.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Well it was just approved. I didn't get strong signal outside on Monday night so it may not be turned on yet.

I was at Dave and Busters watching the Packer game for a bit, that's how I could tell it was active. I don't think B26 is active on there yet, so once that goes live, you should get better coverage inside the mall.

Understandable. Just stating a fact that it still didn't show deep in the mall. I will say I kind of remember having 4g up until the point I got closer to Apple but just not in the store.

How many bars of band 25 and 26 do you get on that same tower

Im not sure which tower or location the B41 is coming from. In my house i get 1-2 bars of B25...i have not picked up B26 yet at home. So it seems i am getting the same B41 signal strength as B25 at home which is nice. 

Edited by Jswets

Well this is a first for me. Out and about in Sauk City on my home site that is never loaded, always 30/8, and this is what I just got. I noticed mobile websites wouldn't load and decided to test it out. Hmmm hopefully it gets sorted out soon. How long should I let something like this go on before calling Sprint? Never had anything like this before.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414975326.031448.jpg

Thankfully my buddy has wifi ha.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's back.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414975584.308449.jpg

• Like 2

Had b41 at red lobster in Racine today! My first time. Was running 39 down 14 up at about -105 dBm was very nice. It's definitely spreading :D

• Like 1

Had b41 at red lobster in Racine today! My first time. Was running 39 down 14 up at about -105 dBm was very nice. It's definitely spreading :D

prolly from the tower down by culvers on 21st. The Oakes road tower is too far away for speeds like that. Nice to see its spreading like you said though.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the small village where the first Culver's came to be. :D

Their new pub burger is great. But I still go for the fresh fried chicken.
  • Like 1

I live in the small village where the first Culver's came to be.  :D  

Is that like saying, "I live in the small village where the serial killer was born"?  Fried food.  Butter.  Custard.  I wonder how many people have met their end largely because of Culver's.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Is that like saying, "I live in the small village where the serial killer was born"?  Fried food.  Butter.  Custard.  I wonder how many people have met their end largely because of Culver's.

;)

AJ

Good Sir, Culver's signature "Butter Burgers" and Frozen Custard are all natural.  So we need not worry.  :P

Don't think we didn't catch the pun, END LARGELY.  Not only is it a pun, but it's double pun.  Because the die LARGE from mass consumption of Culvers, and their rear END is large.  :lol:

• Like 2

;)

AJ

Good Sir, Culver's signature "Butter Burgers" and Frozen Custard are all natural.  So we need not worry.   :P

Don't think we didn't catch the pun, END LARGELY.  Not only is it a pun, but it's double pun.  Because the die LARGE from mass consumption of Culvers, and their rear END is large.   :lol:

Dudes, Culvers is indeed incredibly delicious.  Now I may have to just stop on the way home and get some. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I checked coverage maps but would like to know current coverage for the corners of Fox and Prospect in Madison, Wisconsin.

Well, that area is a bit tough because of the hill between there and the University Ave tower location. You should have LTE outdoors, not sure about indoors.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5

I checked coverage maps but would like to know current coverage for the corners of Fox and Prospect in Madison, Wisconsin.  

Poor to terrible.

Coverage all over near Trader Joe's is poor. It has improved slightly with NV - you can now actually get a weak sprint signal indoors, but that area is terrible. I roam on my N5 inside TJ's and battery drops like crazy at a friend's home at Keyes and Prospect (>20%/hour). Two people I know in that area have Airrave units. I doubt you will get LTE indoors.

Why Sprint doesn't have another tower over there is beyond me - it would help cover the stadium and campus, it is one of the city's nicest and wealthiest neighborhoods, and it is a dense area. A tower on top of TJ's would do wonders for the near east side.

Kevin

• Like 1

Poor to terrible.

Coverage all over near Trader Joe's is poor. It has improved slightly with NV - you can now actually get a weak sprint signal indoors, but that area is terrible. I roam on my N5 inside TJ's and battery drops like crazy at a friend's home at Keyes and Prospect (>20%/hour). Two people I know in that area have Airrave units. I doubt you will get LTE indoors.

Why Sprint doesn't have another tower over there is beyond me - it would help cover the stadium and campus, it is one of the city's nicest and wealthiest neighborhoods, and it is a dense area. A tower on top of TJ's would do wonders for the near east side.

Kevin

There are a bunch of panels (that aren't Sprint) on top of Edgewood. For that area, they need a tower/panels on top of either TJ or Edgewood. I think Edgewood would really help so it could extend down the Monroe Hill towards Nakoma (otherwise put a tower above Gates & Brovi). That area is so dead, I get LTE driving in (that's my daily route) with about 1 Signalcheck bar from like 4 different towers. Sprint is just weak in that area and will continue to be for a while as "infill" isn't planned for some time.

There are many other locations in Madison (and burbs) like this, where by a top down map, there should be strong coverage. However, the hills are killer for signal here. Sprint needs updated topological maps. (certainly many other cities in this country have this same issue)

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5