Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I'm pulling down -113 at my house and I often have to turn off my LTE in order to talk on my phone to not be disconnected.  I am connected to the closest tower and I believe the next closest tower is already updated.   Is that normal at that level?   Is it going to be like this until 800 gets turned on?

I'm pulling down -113 at my house and I often have to turn off my LTE in order to talk on my phone to not be disconnected.  I am connected to the closest tower and I believe the next closest tower is already updated.   Is that normal at that level?   Is it going to be like this until 800 gets turned on?

Try a different phone. 

Is it suppose to switch off of LTE to make a voice call?  I've also noticed that I am not getting the 800 signal showing up on my phone when using signal check.  I updated everything and even uninstalled "signal check lte"  but my friend right next to me with the same phone was getting the 800 signal measured.  

It hand off from lte to a voice signal. If you have signalcheck installed you can see it drop data and go to a voice signal.

Also I thought 800 was the preferred network to be on but apparently that's a fallback if your phone does not do good on 1xrtt. If yours is on that then you have a better rf performer than the other phone. Which your g2 more than likely is.

First Band 26 sites accepted in the Milwaukee market. Details in the Premier Sponsor B26/LTE 800 thread.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Nice to see the map catch up to what we already knew was broadcasting. Means they're back in the area. No idea where that band 26 site(s) is, but now I need a new phone!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We are greener than Colorado!!  (hah hah)

Actually.... There's a petition on change.org for Wisconsin residents to sign that could help make Wisconsin even greener! I signed it!

http://www.change.org/petitions/gov-scott-walker-support-marijuana-legalization-in-wisconsin?recruiter=14067223&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Actually.... There's a petition on change.org for Wisconsin residents to sign that could help make Wisconsin even greener! I signed it!

http://www.change.org/petitions/gov-scott-walker-support-marijuana-legalization-in-wisconsin?recruiter=14067223&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

So the conservative governor that believes that God told him to run for office is going to legalize pot?  Come on, guys. He's too busy redistricting and removing absentee voting options to be bothered by things that make fiscal sense. 

I know it can be fun and loosely relevant to discuss politics.  However, it just never goes well.  We avoid political discussion like the plague.  As polarized as politics are in America at the moment, the only one who loses is S4GRU.  We want all wireless nerds to feel welcome, whether conservative, progressive, apolitical or uncommitted.

Please refrain from political discussion unless it very specifically relates to the wireless industry.  Thanks!

Robert

• Like 3

First Band 26 sites accepted in the Milwaukee market. Details in the Premier Sponsor B26/LTE 800 thread.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I can confirm that some of the accepted B26 sites are live in our market.  Here is a screenshot for all of these interested.  Become a Premier Sponsor to learn where you might run across some!

Screenshot_2014-03-15-11-28-47.png
  • Like 3

I know this is part of the MN market, but good to see LTE live at I-90/WI-16 in Onalaska/La Crosse.  When I was last there LTE wasn't great along 16 on the outside of La Crosse.

I wonder when the holes in LTE will be filled in Racine/Kenosha.  They're due for a few more LTE acceptances!

It appears that I've got quite a bit stronger signal and faster data speeds (again) on the west side of UW Madison campus by Camp Randall. Seems like the power has been turned up on the local towers?? Believe me it's not a placebo, I check signals and strength every morning on my drive in. Seems to hold higher LTE signal and stronger 1x800 dBm. I'm also bouncing to a few other towers I don't normally see on my drive in. Perhaps they're back working on the remaining downtown towers finally?

(I have no way of collecting the Band26 if it pops up here yet)

It appears that I've got quite a bit stronger signal and faster data speeds (again) on the west side of UW Madison campus by Camp Randall. Seems like the power has been turned up on the local towers?? Believe me it's not a placebo, I check signals and strength every morning on my drive in. Seems to hold higher LTE signal and stronger 1x800 dBm. I'm also bouncing to a few other towers I don't normally see on my drive in. Perhaps they're back working on the remaining downtown towers finally?

(I have no way of collecting the Band26 if it pops up here yet)

I work right in the area you described above, and I haven't really noticed anything different.  On my daily commute along University Ave I have been able to maybe pull in LTE a little bit more, but nothing extremely noticeable.  I keep hoping they would add a cell site on the hill on Hwy 12 between Sauk City and Middleton, but that probably won't ever happen.  (sick of the dropped calls!  1x800 ALMOST gets the job done, but not quite)

I keep hoping to look down at my phone one day and notice a higher LTE signal in my office by the way of B26.  On B25 I hold a fringe signal, typically around -115 dBm.  The day will come though. 

Well, I was hoping they warmer weather would lead to more accepted sites through out the area.  Currently in Verona, and I see a blimp of LTE, but still can't make phone calls, and data is horrible at best.  Looking at my signal via signalcheck pro, I am on 1x800...hmmmm...

Well, I was hoping they warmer weather would lead to more accepted sites through out the area. Currently in Verona, and I see a blimp of LTE, but still can't make phone calls, and data is horrible at best. Looking at my signal via signalcheck pro, I am on 1x800...hmmmm...

Blimps?! Ha ha.

They installed some microwave dishes on the Sprint racks on the Prairie tower in Fitchburg. Just noticed that today. I have LTE in my friend's house right now. So something is working, has be from that tower. It's still not LTE accepted though.

I hate to say but I've never experienced anything but slow data speeds downtown.  I was just happy that I could get ANY data while in the BMO Bradley Center.

My HTC ONE showed 4G once in a while (bounced between 3G and no service) and I was pulling data but painstakingly slow.  Still envious of the folks watching other NCAA game video streams on their phones.

Hate to say but I was in downtown Milwaukee last night and data speeds were slow from the NCAA fans being in town.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I was there as well, service was not good.  I did connect to LTE about 50% of the time, but the data was either too slow to be used or just came with timeouts.  I would literally walk to concourse or the bathrooms and as soon as I moved my LTE would disappear.  I was there for session 2 the stadium was only about half full.  I was disappointed, but it wasn't unexpected, have seen the same issues here in Chicago for years, both pre and post NV.