Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Milwaukee market must be pretty close to being announced. Check out the Sprint official coverage maps (not that they represent real LTE coverage, completely overblown.. but oh well)

I can only like your comment because I can neither confirm nor deny this information. Lol.

They must be planning on turning on 4g on most of the rest of the rest of the towers to get that coverage!

Also that maps claims that most of the Chicago area has Spark service and I'm not sure that's true yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Called on Tuesday to cancel TEP on one of our devices and just asked the CSR for my own amusement when MKE was set to go live. She replied within 30 days an announcement would be made.

Plus I assume a lot you got the text message from sprint on Jan 18th saying:

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1 Reply S to stop

They must be planning on turning on 4g on most of the rest of the rest of the towers to get that coverage!Also that maps claims that most of the Chicago area has Spark service and I'm not sure that's true yet.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Actually, much of the Chicago area has 2500/2600 Band 41 LTE. I've personally found near-continuous coverage at least along I-90 from the exurbs all the way to (but not including) the Loop, and on I-290 from Woodfield to the Loop.

• Like 1

They must be planning on turning on 4g on most of the rest of the rest of the towers to get that coverage!

Also that maps claims that most of the Chicago area has Spark service and I'm not sure that's true yet.

Madison's map is way overstated. Hasn't changed at all since they announced Madison officially. Personally, I think official announcement is a bad thing because they apparently stop working in your area.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So if we're close to announcement, how's the eCSFB deployment going, those of you with triband phones?  I bought an N5 from Google Play, but I'm waiting on a backordered SIM card.  Up to 8 weeks apparently, ordered on the 9th :td:.  Anyone have any good experience getting one from a Sprint store around here?

So if we're close to announcement, how's the eCSFB deployment going, those of you with triband phones?  I bought an N5 from Google Play, but I'm waiting on a backordered SIM card.  Up to 8 weeks apparently, ordered on the 9th :td:.  Anyone have any good experience getting one from a Sprint store around here?

You got burned.  I ordered my SIM on January 10th and it was delivered January 14. 

You got burned.  I ordered my SIM on January 10th and it was delivered January 14. 

If you're out of contract (buying your own phone), might I recommend Ting.  Sprint network, cheaper prices unless you need unlimited data.  I got my sim from them in a few days.

No motion on eCSFB in the downtown area...still nigh-unusable 3G as of a week ago.  I'm only trolling these forums now to see when downtown is on and speedy, so I can hop back on the Sprint network.

Nope. It will still come on one or two at a time until they are all done. We all know that Sprint maps grossly overstate LTE coverage. Always have. But after the formal launch that is expected on Monday, the network will get better and denser every week until all the sites are complete.

And the experience will get better and better when Band 26 and Band 41 start to go live.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks like the Sprint coverage maps have been updated to state Milwaukee has LTE coverage!

Posted Image

What? No, Oshkosh, B'Gosh?? :hah:

• Like 1

Looks like the Sprint coverage maps have been updated to state Milwaukee has LTE coverage!

LTE%20Milwaukee.png

I don't doubt that coverage map. I am seeing alot of times that i have a low-mid LTE signal and my 3G takes over because it is stronger. Just waiting for all these towers to update and we should be golden. 

I don't doubt that coverage map. I am seeing alot of times that i have a low-mid LTE signal and my 3G takes over because it is stronger. Just waiting for all these towers to update and we should be golden.

Sprint LTE maps are really poor at normal and distant zoom levels. If you zoom in you can see different color gradients to the signal. The darkest one is more accurate.

• Like 1

Wonder how long it will take for Verizon to update their poster board ads comparing carrier coverage?

LTE signal has improved over the last week or so at my parents' house near 93rd and Howard in Milwaukee.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Delafield is not 4G yet.  As I've mentioned before the towers are on top of power lines so it ls likely a ground mount option.  Wonder if this also applies to the tower at I-94 and F, since that also is still 3G.

I do get up to 2.3 mbps on speed tests though.

Maybe I'll have to freeze my ... off and take a picture of the base station.