Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I'm wondering if you are getting the 800 from the Sun Prairie tower.  I got nothing this morning on my commute into Madison.  I actually lost signal on 151 south in that area.  I don't know how the whole tower ID # works though...so it might be the park bank tower...who knows

where it says tower and the gps coordinates, i plugged that into g-maps and its taking me to the park bank building.  additionally, im line of sight to that tower as we speak, so, more likely than not thats the one im actually connected to.  Is that enough to assume that tower has been upgraded?   

to Ffryguy29 800 is the spectrum sprint broadcasts their LTE Voice signal on from what i understand. And for many people here in madison, thats something that has changed here literally overnight.  

• Like 1

Can some explain to a novice, what all these screenshots mean and why everyone is so excited? I see a bunch with no LTE listed. What am I missing?

So to keep a long story short, the Network Vision consists of 4 major parts.

1) voice/data 1x800SMR

2) LTE 1900

3) LTE 800

4) LTE 2600 (band 41)

Basically, we know the towers have the equipment up there for 1x800SMR, 1900LTE and 800LTE.  When they test the towers, sometimes they just go with LTE1900 first if the backhaul is in place.  Sometimes, they will test and approve the 800SMR first if that is in place and there is no backhaul.  And still other times they will test 800SMR, 1900LTE in consecutive days and then turn the whole shebang on a couple days later. (source: lots of other threads here at S4GRU)

So the reason why I'm excited is A) this means that the teams are working on integration of towers and no longer putting up equipment (as most of its up) and B) SOMETHING IS ACTUALLY DIFFERENT :)

On the flip side, seeing 1x800SMR everywhere may mean that the backhaul is not in place for many of these towers....however, I'm less likely to believe that theory.

Finally, if you use Signalcheck Pro application, when the 800SMR is broadcasting, it appears as though the tower is telling you its TRUE location and address.  Before this NV, the towers all gave you an address that was in between 2-3 serving towers.....now the addresses are dead on (when its broadcasting any new tech).

• Like 1

Finally, if you use Signalcheck Pro application, when the 800SMR is broadcasting, it appears as though the tower is telling you its TRUE location and address.  Before this NV, the towers all gave you an address that was in between 2-3 serving towers.....now the addresses are dead on (when its broadcasting any new tech).

so, if the GPS location is saying park bank is that enough to say that site is in progress? or do we need an actual photo?

so, if the GPS location is saying park bank is that enough to say that site is in progress? or do we need an actual photo?

I'm guessing it'll show up on the accepted list before they're able to put a white pin on it. let's just wait it out.

• Like 1

So to keep a long story short, the Network Vision consists of 4 major parts.

1) voice/data 1x800SMR

2) LTE 1900

3) LTE 800

4) LTE 2600 (band 41)

Just to be fair don't forget the 5th major part (granted it is the least exciting and least noticable). The complete upgrade of 3G & 1x (voice/data) on 1900 .

• Like 1

Just to be fair don't forget the 5th major part (granted it is the least exciting and least noticable). The complete upgrade of 3G & 1x (voice/data) on 1900 .

Whoops, meant to put ", 3G" next to 1900 LTE. Good catch

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Finally had to turn my notifications for Singalcheck Off.  Bouncing around 1x800 like mad, and the alert was getting a little annoying......  Anyone else seeing this at their Madison place of business?  How about the Tokay tower Mangurt?  Anyone getting anymore LTE hits? 

I'll be heading down to State Street in about an hour, so I'll see what's up down there.

Finally had to turn my notifications for Singalcheck Off.  Bouncing around 1x800 like mad, and the alert was getting a little annoying......  Anyone else seeing this at their Madison place of business?  How about the Tokay tower Mangurt?  Anyone getting anymore LTE hits? 

I'll be heading down to State Street in about an hour, so I'll see what's up down there.

Mark,

I'm not in Madison today.  I can look tomorrow.  I'm in Verona right now, and I'm not seeing anything different from little to no signal here.

1x800 off the tower down on State Street as well.  Had LTE for a couple seconds from someplace, but wasn't sure where.  Couldn't get into engineering to get the information. Clearly something is happening around here on most towers.  The 1x800 has been getting stronger in my office during the day today.  Was -92dBm this morning, now is -76dBm.  Worked great when I was outdoors sending texts and a test phone call.

so do they just flip the switch for all these remotely from the base station?   Anyone know how this aspect of it works?

I believe that is true somewhat. There is much more control at a central location for these new NV towers than in the past. But I don't know the exact procedures.

I'm guessing it'll show up on the accepted list before they're able to put a white pin on it. let's just wait it out.

There's an issue with acceptance reports at the moment. May not be until Sunday. If that.

However, it sounds like the Quad Cities where all the sites in the area were 800 accepted on the same day. A few weeks later, most of them were then also LTE accepted. 

• Like 2

And you Madison people were so jealous of Milwaukee's progress before.... Look at yall now! Now WE are the ones sitting and watching you guys have all the excitement! :( 

I haven't seen anything going on in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area :/ Anyone else have any new blips of LTE or 1x800 around Milwaukee?

• Like 2

800 signal off of the Tokey Blvd Tower....like I said before:  Pictures or it did not happen :)  Of course, I have no real data connection here...but hopefully seeing this, I will get some LTE this afternoon....cause well, no signal here sucks!

post-4392-0-48937600-1383915758_thumb.jpg

800 signal off of the Tokey Blvd Tower....like I said before: Pictures or it did not happen :) Of course, I have no real data connection here...but hopefully seeing this, I will get some LTE this afternoon....cause well, no signal here sucks!

Nothing at all. I travel all around Milwaukee and I have not seen anything new.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

800 signal off of the Tokey Blvd Tower....like I said before: Pictures or it did not happen :) Of course, I have no real data connection here...but hopefully seeing this, I will get some LTE this afternoon....cause well, no signal here sucks!

I caught a little LTE at Nakoma and Midvale, my 800SMR serving tower was Tokay at that point, not sure about LTE. Tried to map it, might show up later.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Anecdotally, my signal seems a lot better at work, where, despite being able to see the tower from the window, my bunker of a building still makes my connection pretty weak. The last week or so it has seemed better. It's probably just placebo, but here's hoping.

I'm doubly excited seeing LTE go live around here, because active LTE all over Madison means I can finally justify buying a new phone. So active LTE means fast data AND a new phone for me. Keep up the reporting!