Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I see there's also a new LTE tower in Racine somewhat near the Harborwalk.

Nothing else new besides Oak Creek.  Feel like this is going in slow mo! :(

This is Fast Forward if you put in context this entire thread. :P

Been waiting since September 10th...

Good thing our "Plans" will be grandfathered in :)

They might be for now but if you look at the leaked ad for the new plans, it says that the everything data plans do not have the "Sprint unlimited gurantee" which is a feature that Sprint says gurantees unlimited for the life of the line of service, meaning unlimited data on our curent plans may end at some point...

More complete picture than CNET at this link:

http://www.intomobile.com/2013/07/10/sprint-may-changing-its-prepaid-plans-according-leaked-photo/

all these places around Madison have lte. these small towns with less than 5,000 people are getting upgraded, all the while my service is deteriorating around Madison. wtf is going on Sprint? now sprint is hinting at getting rid of unlimited data while their network is still junk? now I have places in Middleton where I'm getting zero bars. I've been feeling like my phone at the wall as of late due to service issue's.

please disregard my last rant. needed somewhere to vent.

Alot of people feel the same way. But we do know that Sprint is going as fast as they can. They're just upgrading whatever towers they can get to first, whenever the permitting and everything is ready. That's why it kind of looks like a shotgun approach on the map. I'm sure within the city limits of Madison, it's much more difficult to get permits than it is around the less populated outer cities.

I had breakfast on Howell and Drexel this morning. Great speeds! Sure was nice to read a digital newspaper and not wait 3 minutes for each page to act like it's loading, while simultaneously draining my battery to 10%

post-18646-0-40388000-1373645063_thumb.png

Battery life has been amazing on my iPhone 5 on the East Side.

This is a screen shot of a friend getting LTE only in the middle of a lake up north, where before he didn't even get 3G service prior to 3 weeks ago.

post-15661-13736452018741_thumb.jpg

Can you test something for me? Try and stream a few 720p movie trailers on Youtube. Im curious to see if there is any sort of delay/buffering.

I did a HD video test via youtube last night....and had no problems streaming it.

Battery life has been amazing on my iPhone 5 on the East Side.

This is a screen shot of a friend getting LTE only in the middle of a lake up north, where before he didn't even get 3G service prior to 3 weeks ago.

Where up north is your friend?

I can't tell you how happy I was to get some LTE goodness along with a Brewers win on 7/9 at Miller Park. 8.32 down, 3.60 up, 47ms ping, good stuff. Last time I was there I had some of the worst Sprint service I have EVER experienced, which is saying something. Things are looking up for Milwaukee! Let's hope Madison is not far behind though, especially 800 voice...

• Like 1