Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

So I work in the Airport Rd business park in Waukesha, right to the South of the Waukesha airport. As of right now I am getting EV-DOa instead of ehrpd. I'm hoping the switch means they are working on the towers around here.... Can anyone else in the Milwaukee area tell me if they're on ehrpd or EV-DOa? I'm interested to see if it's a market-wide thing or just local to this area....

Over here in Madison, we are still eHRPD, so its not market wide...

I'm in oconomowoc in the area that is not covered. I'm on EV-DO Rev A as well although a airplane cycle didnt flip me back. I noticed this past weekend I was on EV-DO Rev A most of the time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I just got a text from Sprint this morning "Milwaukee, we're building you an all-new network! See how this affects your service at http://sprint.us/rnr "

Once you're in there, it eventually brings you to that "upgrades" map where they were doing the band-aid fixes. So it's really not related to network vision, but they're at least telling us that we may experience some issues while the upgrades happen. 

I really have been having some issues over the last week or so. My EV-DO connection has been dropping in and out, it will take like 30 seconds to connect a voice call sometimes. I've never had these issues before. So I'm hoping towers around me are being worked on. (between Waukesha and Greenfield)

Actually it is completely related to NV, moreso than Band-Aid fixes at this point, since those are winding down.  Both are mixed in together.  While that site isn't as interesting as the sponsor maps here, they do a good job of showing your average customer work is being done.

It sure looks like Wisconsin is in full progress right now, and they just need to finish some of the towers they are working on to get progress reports similar to Minnesota.

I tried getting close to the WCTC tower, but it's on the edge of the baseball field and I didn't want to get out of the car and walk past the teams practicing :)

I looked at the tower today... didn't get close enough to look at the cabinets, but there didn't appear to be any new antennas up.

Just got home from the Brewer game. 4g most of the time I was in the stadium but I couldn't get any data going, which is the same as things were with 3g. I did find it much easier to send texts and make calls, which I could rarely if ever do on 3g. I hope they realize they need more infrastructure in high traffic areas like Miller park, the lakefront, etc.

So i took the summerfest shuttle from Meadowbrook Rd (HWY TT) & 94 down to the fest last night. As i was going past Miller Park, i tried to get my phone to connect to 4G. I have an EVO so it was no easy task. I must have cycled airplane mode 4-5 times. Nothing. As i was nearing the edge of the coverage area i did a PRL update. DING! Got 4G for about 10 seconds then lost the signal. Signal was pretty high around -127 so i didn't even bother with a speedtest. When i got down to Summerfest i tried to grab  4G again.....Nothing. I then did another PRL update. Ding! Picked up a low 4G signal again. From then on i was bouncing in and out of 1X, 3G, 4G, and no signal. On my way home from the fest around 11pm i tried to grab 4G from the Miller Park area again. Nothing...i did another PRL update...DING! grabbed a very strong LTE signal and proceeded to perform a speedtest. Pretty good ping and speed for moving at 70mph in a bus.

I am thoroughly convinced the EVO is a piece of trash when it comes to picking up LTE. I had the same exact issues grabbing 4G in Tampa when i was there in April. I shouldnt have to do a PRL update at every frickin tower to get LTE. This explains why i never pick up LTE during normal airplane mode toggles. Frickin rediculous...im getting a new phone as soon as a tri-band device comes out. 

506188465.png

My evo works just fine, never had issues with connecting and holding a 4g signal, never had issues with navigation.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Use another phone for a few days and you will think differently about the EVO LTEless.

My evo works just fine, never had issues with connecting and holding a 4g signal, never had issues with navigation.

Use another phone for a few days and you will think differently about the EVO LTEless.

My phone works fine for my needs. When I enter a 4g area it connects right to 4g, no toggling. All the evo's weren't defective, I guess mine is an exemption, because I never had any of the problems that I read about the other evo users have had.

My phone works fine for my needs. When I enter a 4g area it connects right to 4g, no toggling. All the evo's weren't defective, I guess mine is an exemption, because I never had any of the problems that I read about the other evo users have had.

It wasn't a defect. It was a rushed design. Only works well in a dense urban area. The ones who say nothing is wrong with that phone don't know any better as they haven't used any other devices.

I'm naive I guess but am confused as to Sensorly mappings of LTE. If the signal in many places is fleeting at best all this does is tease us-no?

How will the mapping differ say 6 months from now? Thx.

Picking up a weak LTE signal at the intersection of Capital and 100th on the north side of Wauwatosa. First time I've picked anything up here. Getting about 6 Mbps down and around 3 up. Guessing the signal is coming down from the tower by 145 and Silver Spring Drive. Sadly I'm on an iPhone so I can't map it on Sensorly.

Is there a way to map using an iPhone 5? I cant seem to find an app to do the same as you Android guys.

Only way is with Android right now as Apple decided for you that you would have a better experience by not being able to map.

• Like 2

Is there a way to map using an iPhone 5? I cant seem to find an app to do the same as you Android guys.

Only way is with Android right now as Apple decided for you that you would have a better experience by not being able to map.

Is that true? I haven't looked at the Sensorly site beyond noting that there is no iOS version to perform mapping. I had assumed it just hadn't been developed for iOS yet, either for time reasons or because there is not access to all the necessary APIs and whatnot to to perform equivalent mapping. Was it submitted to the App Store and rejected?

Is that true? I haven't looked at the Sensorly site beyond noting that there is no iOS version to perform mapping. I had assumed it just hadn't been developed for iOS yet, either for time reasons or because there is not access to all the necessary APIs and whatnot to to perform equivalent mapping. Was it submitted to the App Store and rejected?

It is correct.