Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

There are many sites in Cincy that are getting speedtests over 100mb/s in the Cincy market. Speed depends on what phone you have, the bands you can pick up, how far away you are from a tower (-dBm) and obviously congestion. That speedtest is NOT typical of the Cincy market unless you are -110 or lower dBM.

• Like 3

e3453ab41461c8a6ff94802c7b125b0b.jpg

1c9aaaeacb29d36c11f27a012fafb2a4.jpg6cfc375fc9391abf8529311783a53e81.jpg

Fairfield. I personally think you just like bashing Sprint. If it doesn't work for you, well because its obviously working for everyone else it seems, quit complaining and clogging the boards with b/s and switch providers. I think you would be happy with VZW myself even though its a higher costing service. Good luck

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Oh wow where is these speeds at?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

The locations of those super fast speed tests (clearly with carrier aggregation live) are clearly shown in each case. You just have to look. Hebron, KY (CVG area), Florence, KY (mall area) and Fairfield, OH on the northern side of metro Cincinnati.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I removed Signal Check from my phone after all the upgrades were finished but I guess this speedtest shows that sensorly is measuring combined bands. Does anyone know if Signal Check is doing that? Looks like the notification only shows one band, huh?

• 1 month later...

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? Wish I lived closer to a tower. Was sitting at a 4 way stop in traffic at Hamilton-Mason and West Chester- Lesourdsville. It's about 100 yds from a tower.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1521076825

Edited by mauiiufan

I removed Signal Check from my phone after all the upgrades were finished but I guess this speedtest shows that sensorly is measuring combined bands. Does anyone know if Signal Check is doing that? Looks like the notification only shows one band, huh?

No idea what you're talking about here. 

Signal Check doesn't "measure" speeds or anything else. It just reports your signal levels. 

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the announcement yesterday about LTE Plus which is supposed to include Cincinnati. I have a g2 for now, so it doesnt do me any good. Wondering if anyone has noticed anything?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I saw the announcement yesterday about LTE Plus which is supposed to include Cincinnati. I have a g2 for now, so it doesnt do me any good. Wondering if anyone has noticed anything?

Those with CA capable devices have seen a difference. In areas where both B41 carriers are active, you will see greater capacity even for non-CA devices like your G2. 

Nothing to really jump for joy quite yet. Most CA is in the outer parts of the city, hopefully by next year things will really start heating up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk