Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

The tower by Kroger and Frischs on route 4 had panels up for almost 3 months before they went live.

Must require some new equipment.  What kind of speed do you get on Sparc?

I didn't check the main tower in downtown Oxford, did you happen to see if they where up there also? I would assume while they were there they would do them also.

By the time I ran by it was too dark to see.  Will have to try again during sunlight hours.

I was out at Hueston Woods Lodge last weekend.  Was getting 4-5 bars at the lodge and had at least 2 bars around most of the main drive.  Looks like they're trying to hit the area with signal now.  Problems with the SignalCheck Pro app over the last month or so making it difficult to tell which tower I am hitting.

Must require some new equipment. What kind of speed do you get on Sparc?

By the time I ran by it was too dark to see. Will have to try again during sunlight hours.

I was out at Hueston Woods Lodge last weekend. Was getting 4-5 bars at the lodge and had at least 2 bars around most of the main drive. Looks like they're trying to hit the area with signal now. Problems with the SignalCheck Pro app over the last month or so making it difficult to tell which tower I am hitting.

No problems with SCP; Sprint changed the address given off by each sector to you can't get an exact location of the tower. Premier Cincy & Columbus members have site notes that can be loaded manually in SCP to see where the LTE is coming from.

Was there two days ago, and the morningsun rd had the new antennas, I do have tri band and it is not live yet.

Booth Rd. in Oxford also has B41 panels.  I couldn't tell if Miami U had B41 panels up - it was too dark to see.  If it does, they are smaller panels and don't yet have the amps attached to them.

• Like 1

Booth Rd. in Oxford also has B41 panels. I couldn't tell if Miami U had B41 panels up - it was too dark to see. If it does, they are smaller panels and don't yet have the amps attached to them.

Thank you for looking. I would assume Miami U would have them also, it would just not make sense to skip it.

A few more observations... Centerville at Spring Valley Pike and Paragon has the B41 panels up, as well as the tower on US27 north of Millville. Surprised to see that the Dayton Mall towers don't have them yet.

A few more observations... Centerville at Spring Valley Pike and Paragon has the B41 panels up, as well as the tower on US27 north of Millville. Surprised to see that the Dayton Mall towers don't have them yet.

There is one by the Dayton mall that does. You talking about booth road or farther down 27?

Oops. I thought the topic box was a subject line. Sorry about that. I'm currently a Walmart family mobile subscriber using a very crappy ZTE Zinger and t mobile has shafted my area on upgrades. They're expanding LTE but not adding any 3g/HSPA+ "4G" coverage past a 20 mile radius of downtown. I live 26 miles from downtown Cincy and I've been on EDGE 2G for far too long. I'm fed up with tmo and sprint looks like my best option since the at&t death star bought my former carrier (Cricket). I prefer a CDMA carrier as my old Cricket phone could place calls and text on zero bars while t mobile GSM drops a call with 3 bars. I refuse to support at&t or Verizon. Their prices and policies are too restrictive. But I will stop rambling and get to my main point. I want to know from Sprint customers in clermont county about how service is in our outlaying area. I live just north of Owensville in an area that the sprint map shows as fair signal right next door to off network roaming. My neighbors house all the way past Owensville is roaming (a good 1.5 mile hole) according to the map. Here's the thing. I purchased a virgin mobile USB adapter a few months ago and I had 5 bars of 3g with 1-2mbps download speeds. I actually had 1 bar of 1x RTT in the middle of Owensville where there's supposed to be nothing. My question is do the maps grossly underestimate coverage and is coverage in areas like Owensville, Williamsburg, Mt. Orab, Bethel, Amelia, Batavia, and basically anywhere between Eastgate and Sardinia actually usable? And by usable I mean I can place a call, send a text, and use the web at greater than 96kbps (my average speed on t mobile EDGE 2G). I want to get a Moto Photon Q on Kroger I Wireless but it needs to work fairly well for me to switch. If you ever used Cricket before the At&t buyout you know what I'm expecting. I don't care if I'm using one bar or 5. As long as I can use the service I will be happy. I also have some questions about 1x 800. What is it and is it different than 1x RTT? Also will any of the upcoming upgrades in the Cincinnati area affect the Motorola photon q. I know it can't do spark, but can it access any other improvements like 1x 800? I apologize if I've been long winded. I'm just trying to find a good alternative to old cricket that isn't VZW, AT&T, or TMO

• Like 1

Well, see if the Sprint network can do better. There's massive threads on HoFo about T-Mobile's issues in Cincy so you aren't alone in that. It isn't just the rural areas surrounding there with issues.

I do know from experience that Batavia, eastgate and bethel have decent coverage. The difference between 1x 800 and 1xrtt is that 800 will travel farther and have better in building penetration. Out of curiosity, how many lines you looking to switch?

Oops. I thought the topic box was a subject line. Sorry about that. I'm currently a Walmart family mobile subscriber using a very crappy ZTE Zinger and t mobile has shafted my area on upgrades. They're expanding LTE but not adding any 3g/HSPA+ "4G" coverage past a 20 mile radius of downtown. I live 26 miles from downtown Cincy and I've been on EDGE 2G for far too long. I'm fed up with tmo and sprint looks like my best option since the at&t death star bought my former carrier (Cricket). I prefer a CDMA carrier as my old Cricket phone could place calls and text on zero bars while t mobile GSM drops a call with 3 bars. I refuse to support at&t or Verizon. Their prices and policies are too restrictive. But I will stop rambling and get to my main point. I want to know from Sprint customers in clermont county about how service is in our outlaying area. I live just north of Owensville in an area that the sprint map shows as fair signal right next door to off network roaming. My neighbors house all the way past Owensville is roaming (a good 1.5 mile hole) according to the map. Here's the thing. I purchased a virgin mobile USB adapter a few months ago and I had 5 bars of 3g with 1-2mbps download speeds. I actually had 1 bar of 1x RTT in the middle of Owensville where there's supposed to be nothing. My question is do the maps grossly underestimate coverage and is coverage in areas like Owensville, Williamsburg, Mt. Orab, Bethel, Amelia, Batavia, and basically anywhere between Eastgate and Sardinia actually usable? And by usable I mean I can place a call, send a text, and use the web at greater than 96kbps (my average speed on t mobile EDGE 2G). I want to get a Moto Photon Q on Kroger I Wireless but it needs to work fairly well for me to switch. If you ever used Cricket before the At&t buyout you know what I'm expecting. I don't care if I'm using one bar or 5. As long as I can use the service I will be happy. I also have some questions about 1x 800. What is it and is it different than 1x RTT? Also will any of the upcoming upgrades in the Cincinnati area affect the Motorola photon q. I know it can't do spark, but can it access any other improvements like 1x 800? I apologize if I've been long winded. I'm just trying to find a good alternative to old cricket that isn't VZW, AT&T, or TMO

Dude we've been recommending you to switch for the past 6 months! Screw T-Mobile!

StuckOnEdge, I live in Colerain and work in Batavia and I never drop calls on my way to and from work. 3 or 4G is pretty steady too. I used to have Tmo, and I dropped calls all the time at work.

Edited by noodles

I'm thinking about switching 2 lines to Kroger I wireless. I laid off even considering a sprint carrier for years because the maps on sprints website make anywhere east of Eastgate look like swiss cheese with roaming holes. I downloaded sensorly and sprint looks amazing compared to t mobile. There's service in areas that were nothing on tmo (Hillsboro, Moscow, US 52 between New Richmond and Moscow) and very little 2G. Compared to the maps on sprint.com, sensorly makes it look like coverage everywhere. I just hope Sensorly can differentiate between roaming and native coverage.

Jesito, I finally decided to ditch tmo because my 2 ZTE Zingers are crapping out after a few months (memory problems) and I can get a Motorola photon q LTE for $39.99 at Kroger when I use my plus card. Yes, its an older phone. But its top of the line compared to what $39.99 will buy at Walmart.

Noodles, what part of Batavia if you don't mind me asking? I live 5 miles north of Batavia near Owensville and I frequent the McDonald's and other restaurants on Hospital Drive. Also I go through the town of Batavia at least once a week going to Amelia.

Also is sprint like CDMA cricket where you can use your phone for talk text and 2G web even if you have 1 bar or just a data icon on the phone? Because bars are useless if you have to have 4 or 5 to even place a call (I'm talking to you tmo!)

I'm thinking about switching 2 lines to Kroger I wireless. I laid off even considering a sprint carrier for years because the maps on sprints website make anywhere east of Eastgate look like swiss cheese with roaming holes. I downloaded sensorly and sprint looks amazing compared to t mobile. There's service in areas that were nothing on tmo (Hillsboro, Moscow, US 52 between New Richmond and Moscow) and very little 2G. Compared to the maps on sprint.com, sensorly makes it look like coverage everywhere. I just hope Sensorly can differentiate between roaming and native coverage.

Jesito, I finally decided to ditch tmo because my 2 ZTE Zingers are crapping out after a few months (memory problems) and I can get a Motorola photon q LTE for $39.99 at Kroger when I use my plus card. Yes, its an older phone. But its top of the line compared to what $39.99 will buy at Walmart.

Noodles, what part of Batavia if you don't mind me asking? I live 5 miles north of Batavia near Owensville and I frequent the McDonald's and other restaurants on Hospital Drive. Also I go through the town of Batavia at least once a week going to Amelia.

Please don't get a single band device like the Photon Q which is 2 or 3 years old by now and has 1x800 disabled due to issues.

It's triband or bust for Sprint in every market. 

• Like 2