Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

I see there is a little lte in Columbus!!!  :lol:

Hopefully they go south before they go north  :ninja:

Seriously hoping LTE starts springing up soon in Cincinnati.   Sprint's signal has become so bad in parts of Cincinnati, specifically in the tri-county area and around Kings Island, that phone calls drop all the time.  That is even if you even get the call.  My wife and I are missing a LOT of calls, only getting the voicemails afterwards.

It's one thing to have worthless data but missing calls is getting ridiculious.  Really hoping that they add some capacity while they are upgrading the Kings Island area.  They have a tower right next to the water park but the capacity of that tower seems to not be able to handle busy days at the park. 

If you live anywhere near that area in Mason, you might as well turn your phone off, it simply doesnt work during the day or on weekends while the park is open.

Smartphones must take up a tremendous amount of overhead on Sprints 3g network because even a year or two ago there were no issues like there are today.

I heard just this week of the LTE in Columbus, which I believe is the first sign of it in Ohio for Sprint.

I am in the Miamisburg, OH area. I am told this area is part of the Cincinnati deployment, inclusive of Dayton, OH. I've heard of the permits being pulled, but I have no other information in regards to LTE in Cincinnati/Dayton. However, the Columbus start I hope is a good sign!

Humm...what you you mean by "permits being pulled"?

Sprint (or a contractor working for Sprint) has applied for a construction permit to start work on cell sites. One of the primary steps before they can even begin thinking about doing any work.

Does anyone happen to have addtional information on the Cincinnati/Dayton area? I am wondering if the work in Columbus is a good sign for us in the Cincinnati/Dayton area, or if a timeframe is still way out.

Does anyone happen to have addtional information on the Cincinnati/Dayton area? I am wondering if the work in Columbus is a good sign for us in the Cincinnati/Dayton area, or if a timeframe is still way out.

I believe work is underway, and it it's not, it will be shortly. I would expect to start seeing movement within the month.

I believe work is underway, and it it's not, it will be shortly. I would expect to start seeing movement within the month.

Thank you for the information.

If you get any additional information for the Dayton, OH area, please let us know.

I work behind the P&G building in Mason and today and I have an iPhone 5 and Sprint Hotspot and today my little hot spot was making some noises and rebooted when it came back it had 4g service on it. So I'm guessing that 4g/LTE is starting up in the area. 

I work behind the P&G building in Mason and today and I have an iPhone 5 and Sprint Hotspot and today my little hot spot was making some noises and rebooted when it came back it had 4g service on it. So I'm guessing that 4g/LTE is starting up in the area.

I believe thats the same tower I heard was having a lot of work done on it.

Im out of town till Friday or I would drive over there and fire up Sensorly......anyone want to do the honors?

fwiw, I just called employee care to see if they had anything different to say, she mentioned that west chester appeared on their map in orange.  she may still have been referring to mason, but that's the first i've ever heard them reference lte in cincy at all

i live up that way, but am still using a epic 4g touch, so can't confirm lte. 3g is useless downtown, as I'm sitting here 14 stories up next to a window, if i shut off wimax, it goes directly to 1x.  LTE is sprint's last chance at keeping me.

Here are pics of the progress on the tower off I-70 by Richmond, IN on the state line.  

New Samsung cabinets installed and wires hanging from the top of the tower....hopefully I will catch someone working on it and see if they can provide info on a time frame and other towers in the area.

Getting closer......anyone know at what point does a site show "In Progress" on the maps?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1373286938294.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1373286960218.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1373286983255.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1373287003454.jpg

• Like 2

Here are pics of the progress on the tower off I-70 by Richmond, IN on the state line.  

New Samsung cabinets installed and wires hanging from the top of the tower....hopefully I will catch someone working on it and see if they can provide info on a time frame and other towers in the area.

Getting closer......anyone know at what point does a site show "In Progress" on the maps?

I would go to the mark sites in progress thread, post the pics so Rickie can mark it in progress.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3369-report-in-progress-sites-here/

That's the same cabinets I looked at yesterday at my local tower. Hoping to catch someone there today on my way home from work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Is this equipment that was installed recently at my local tower NV equipment? We do not have 4G here yet (western/southwestern Ohio). A month or so ago, I saw several workers at our local tower with several crates on the ground. There was a light rain, and they had tarps up around the top of the fence while they continued to work. My question is, does this look like 4G equipment? It seems that the buildings that are there now are smaller than what was there previously.

I can also give you the exact location of the tower.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl

I will attach images of the base, antenna and a screen capture of the info I could find online for the tower.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sprint Tower Antenna_2.jpg

Sprint Tower Base_2.jpg

Sprint Tower Info.jpg

I cannot say with 100% certainty that they are. It looks like NV Panels ad RRU's the pics are not that great. Do you have original high resolutio pics?