Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

I removed Signal Check from my phone after all the upgrades were finished but I guess this speedtest shows that sensorly is measuring combined bands. Does anyone know if Signal Check is doing that? Looks like the notification only shows one band, huh?

The latest updates show b41.2 when you in a area that has a 2nd carrier

• 2 weeks later...

Just in time for Christmas raffle -- enter to win a new 64gb samsung galaxy note 5 white!

Buying a ticket will also make you a sponsor, which gives you access to lots of cool info!

Very close to becoming fully funded.  This means you have GREAT odds on this Samsung Flagship CA phone with a processors that rarely throttles and enough storage for even someone like me. Plus it helps keep the lights on!!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

No one is talking because the network has gotten that good. Same goes for most market threads.

Depends on where you are in the market, but in general, it is better than old sprint

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

My area has either Clear B41 or none at all. Honestly I would rather they did away with clear all together. It's so slow

I agree my friend!

da9f1cba503e0ca958d9da1a5b045b69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have to say that it makes me happy that around a Sprint forum these days we are complaining about 4 Mbps. It wasn't that long ago we were complaining about 50kbps being commonplace.

I encounter a lot of sub 4Mbps speeds on Tmo, VZW and AT&T. So this does not bother me much at all.

Not to say that I don't agree with you, though. I notice a lot of Clearwire sites are considerably slower than their Sprint B41 counterparts.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 3

I have to say that I happy that around a Sprint forum these days we are complaining about 4 Mbps. It wasn't that long ago we were complaining about 50kbps being commonplace.

I encounter a lot of sub 4Mbps speeds on Tmo, VZW and AT&T. So this does not bother me much at all.

Not to say that I don't agree with you, though. I notice a lot of Clearwire sites are considerably slower than their Sprint B41 counterparts.

The thing that gets me here, in places where clear is, it makes the network look bad. You got 10x10 where all these clear sites are, also it's dense enough that clear doesn't need to be there. That's my only complaint.

• Like 1

I have to say that it makes me happy that around a Sprint forum these days we are complaining about 4 Mbps. It wasn't that long ago we were complaining about 50kbps being commonplace.

I complain of 4mbs in downtown Cincinnati, because I can only compare it to Verizon, whom I left for Sprint in 2014. I fortunately was not with Sprint during those dark days to make a comparison.

The thing that gets me here, in places where clear is, it makes the network look bad. You got 10x10 where all these clear sites are, also it's dense enough that clear doesn't need to be there. That's my only complaint.

You have to keep in mind, capacity is capacity. So if you remove that from the equation it will slow everything down. Including that 10x10 sector.

I complain of 4mbs in downtown Cincinnati, because I can only compare it to Verizon, whom I left for Sprint in 2014. I fortunately was not with Sprint during those dark days to make a comparison.

Understood. No problem. I'm just glad for how far we've come.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Just pre ordered the Note 7.  Now I will be on a hunt for 2x and 3x CA.  Any one know where to look in the Cincy market for 3x CA?  Coming from a Note 4 with no CA I am in the dark as to what parts of town are live with 2x and I can only hope that 3x is a priority around here.  

Just pre ordered the Note 7. Now I will be on a hunt for 2x and 3x CA. Any one know where to look in the Cincy market for 3x CA? Coming from a Note 4 with no CA I am in the dark as to what parts of town are live with 2x and I can only hope that 3x is a priority around here.

What part you in?

Fairfield, Lindenwald, West Chester mostly.  I get pretty good connection over by Mercy and along Rt. 4.  Not so good in Becket Ridge.  As a matter of fact it has dropped to 3g off and on the last few hours in Becket Ridge.

The tower by 275 by Mercy has all 3 carriers. Most of Fairfield though is clear b41. Beckett Ridge is Clear Also. The tower by Kroger at Liberty Fairfield and rt 4 also has all 3 carriers.

Thought so but haven't see any....

That is what I was afraid of.  I am not complaining because I usually have a very usable signal.  I don't miss the days of dreadful data speeds. It would just be nice to not always be in the area that is dead last on the list!!!  In the dark days I literally had to go outside into the yard to make or receive phone calls.

I was over @ Huffman Park with my kids a few days ago and I got some great speed test results from I believe the tower on the Fairfield Storage lot. Download peaked @ 69 and upload in the mid 20's. Some on decent sprint B41 but surprisingly mostly on B25. I didn't think that B25 had the capacity for that high of results. I will check it out again when I get the Note 7 in as the B41 was bouncing from 2-3 channels according to signal check pro.

Is there an app or a setting to prioritize the LTE bands? I feel like there was discussion of it in the past but I can't recall. Is it simple enough to be worth it or is the network better at determining that on the fly?