Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Yeah I would really doubt that he's on band 25, anything above 30mbps is a different sign of good things coming :tu:  

He is using an S5 is there a way to set the band priority and or see the signal for each band?  I pre-ordered my Note 4 Friday but have to wait till 10/17...  I don't think I can hold out much longer with this S3 and its whacky failing power button.

He is using an S5 is there a way to set the band priority and or see the signal for each band? I pre-ordered my Note 4 Friday but have to wait till 10/17... I don't think I can hold out much longer with this S3 and its whacky failing power button.

Check out "SignalCheck Pro"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalcheck

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

• Like 1

Since 4 g LTE is officially launched and I'm only getting 1 bar and averaging 3-4mbps on my HTC One m7, would upgrading to a spark capable phone significantly boost these averages ?

FWIW, a half mile up the street and I get 3 x the above mentioned speeds, if not, what can I do short of moving half a mile or so away, signal booster, downloading large files / apps takes forever and the 4 g I'm getting is just marginally faster often times than 3 g which I get a full bars,

With one bar 4g, I'm missing calls sometimes, so now I have forced 3 g cdma only, I guess they need a repeater or something, been waiting years for the future of high speed data and and it seems at least so far, it's barely faster than 3 g, I hope things get better since I have a new 2 yr sprint contract and all the promises of this super high speed New network, I'm still hoping that my particular area will get a boost soon like I see a half mile up.the road

Since 4 g LTE is officially launched and I'm only getting 1 bar and averaging 3-4mbps on my HTC One m7, would upgrading to a spark capable phone significantly boost these averages ?

FWIW, a half mile up the street and I get 3 x the above mentioned speeds, if not, what can I do short of moving half a mile or so away, signal booster, downloading large files / apps takes forever and the 4 g I'm getting is just marginally faster often times than 3 g which I get a full bars,

With one bar 4g, I'm missing calls sometimes, so now I have forced 3 g cdma only, I guess they need a repeater or something, been waiting years for the future of high speed data and and it seems at least so far, it's barely faster than 3 g, I hope things get better since I have a new 2 yr sprint contract and all the promises of this super high speed New network, I'm still hoping that my particular area will get a boost soon like I see a half mile up.the road

You need to [emoji125] and get a tri-band device and then you'll see the light . Service has improved leaps and bounds even since March of this year.
  • Like 1

I was reading about tilt, and if the tilt is more to the ground, the immediate area sees big time speeds but shorter range, if aimed higher, a bit slower but larger area, if this is true, that would be awesome.... And would explain why the DL and upload speeds are so high a mere half mile away to a mile away......

I would be happy with the 12 -14Mb speeds I have tested and verified in the supermarket parking lot just up.the street, I do a lot of uploading to.YouTube in HD and a lot of other streaming like music etc and I do have home wifi but lately so many frequent outages lasting from an hour to all afternoon locally so with warner cable.....which has only about 3 mbps upload speeds in my tier, it would be great to see that 12 to 14 dl here and the 9-10 + UL, but only get a third of that, someone said it's because there are trees between me and the tower, since the terrain is flat....but..........could it really be the tilt angle, that simple?

I was reading about tilt, and if the tilt is more to the ground, the immediate area sees big time speeds but shorter range, if aimed higher, a bit slower but larger area, if this is true, that would be awesome.... And would explain why the DL and upload speeds are so high a mere half mile away to a mile away......

I would be happy with the 12 -14Mb speeds I have tested and verified in the supermarket parking lot just up.the street, I do a lot of uploading to.YouTube in HD and a lot of other streaming like music etc and I do have home wifi but lately so many frequent outages lasting from an hour to all afternoon locally so with warner cable.....which has only about 3 mbps upload speeds in my tier, it would be great to see that 12 to 14 dl here and the 9-10 + UL, but only get a third of that, someone said it's because there are trees between me and the tower, since the terrain is flat....but..........could it really be the tilt angle, that simple?

Have you called customer care and put in a trouble ticket? That's might help you get tilt adjusted if the engineers agree with you.

Quite a few of you questions can be answered by a few $$. SignalCheck Pro will tell you what tower and band you are connected to, but on triband phones, it will only give you the GCI or PCI. We have figured out Sprint's pattern in the Cincy market and have a great spreadsheet to cross-reference with, along with our own maps of which towers have B25 LTE and which don't currently. This info, however, is only available to those who have donated to S4GRU (over $5) so that we may have this forum for us all to meet.

We also have a Premier Sponsor level ($100+ donation) which we discuss B26 & B41 both are available throughout the Cincy market.

• Like 3

I'm sure it will come as a shock to no one, but the downtown awesomeness lasted exactly 24hrs. Back to useless 3g, and focally broke down and bought another freedom pop device to replace my lost one for now

I'm sure it will come as a shock to no one, but the downtown awesomeness lasted exactly 24hrs. Back to useless 3g, and focally broke down and bought another freedom pop device to replace my lost one for now

What phone do you have?

Everyone complaining about not having B41 yet makes me laugh.  Now, if I could just get some LTE love on the half dozen or so towers in Butler and Wayne counties that don't have it yet, but are clearly listed on Sprint's maps as solid LTE, I would be happy.

• Like 1

Everyone complaining about not having B41 yet makes me laugh.  Now, if I could just get some LTE love on the half dozen or so towers in Butler and Wayne counties that don't have it yet, but are clearly listed on Sprint's maps as solid LTE, I would be happy.

Any chance of getting us some SCP (SignalCheck Pro) screenshots of what you are finding in the Sponsor thread? We also have our own map of Sprint towers you might just want to see  :D http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6135-cincinnati-market-mapspreadsheet/

• Like 1

Everyone complaining about not having B41 yet makes me laugh. Now, if I could just get some LTE love on the half dozen or so towers in Butler and Wayne counties that don't have it yet, but are clearly listed on Sprint's maps as solid LTE, I would be happy.

I would like to know which ones your talking about.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk 2

I paid but missed the deadline of last night. Still good?

Check your Gmail.  I have added the link for you.  Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

• Like 2

I should probably clarify -- by "clearly listed on Sprint's maps," I mean "clearly listed on http://sprint.com/coverage as a 4G data area."  The tower maps in the sponsor forums still show quite a few 3G-only towers (and they are putting out only 3G, many not even 800 yet).  Getting mad that Sprint would show this area 4G when it is not.  When they shaded in the Dayton area, they were conservative. But now that they've also done Cincinnati, they've clearly jumped the gun.

• 2 weeks later...

If I cycle airplane mode several times, I can get one bar of 4g here at home but if I move around the yard much, it switches to 3g.....

Mile up the road, full bars of 4 g LTE and triple the DL and double to triple the upload speeds....it's amazing how short range these towers have..

Wish they had a way to have the range of old analog with the speeds of LTE, I remember my old 800mhz ameritec phone I think it was a long time ago, that thing would get a strong signal anywhere, guess the new towers just are too low powered ?

Is there anything I can do to get more than a bar of lte at home, I'm only a mile and a half from the tower closest to me....my area is officially launched as well and if I didn't have home wifi, I would be in the supermarket parking lot a mile up.the road every time I needed to.upload my 2-3 min HE vids from my phone to YouTube and other sites which is often !!

I'm holding out hope that my speeds increase in the future

• Like 2

If I cycle airplane mode several times, I can get one bar of 4g here at home but if I move around the yard much, it switches to 3g.....

Mile up the road, full bars of 4 g LTE and triple the DL and double to triple the upload speeds....it's amazing how short range these towers have..

Wish they had a way to have the range of old analog with the speeds of LTE, I remember my old 800mhz ameritec phone I think it was a long time ago, that thing would get a strong signal anywhere, guess the new towers just are too low powered ?

Is there anything I can do to get more than a bar of lte at home, I'm only a mile and a half from the tower closest to me....my area is officially launched as well and if I didn't have home wifi, I would be in the supermarket parking lot a mile up.the road every time I needed to.upload my 2-3 min HE vids from my phone to YouTube and other sites which is often !!

Yeah there is a way, perhaps switching carriers?! Damn my friend you are like a broken record. We, here can not do anything to help you with that. We've advised you to try a new phone but obviously u haven't, coming in here and complaining about signal bars is not going to fix things. Unfortunately we are not miracle workers.

Same thing happens at my Dad's house. 1 bar of 4G outside, inside 2-3 bars of 3G that are not reliable.  Solid 4G coverage on Sprint's map, although he is in the lighter-shaded area.  Nearest "3G" yellow-shaded area is nearly a mile away from his house.  Seems like a case of miscommunication between marketing and engineering... ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Cincy market has been indicated to be a Sprint Spark market, is there any chance that the Dayton area will be getting Spark soon or is that a lost cause?  I know that it is not as large a city as Cincy, but metrics indicate Dayton is in the top 50 wireless markets in the country.  I know they wanted to roll it out to the top 100 markets, but I am hoping since the Dayton area is considered a part of the Cincy market they spread the love up this way.

Since the Cincy market has been indicated to be a Sprint Spark market, is there any chance that the Dayton area will be getting Spark soon or is that a lost cause? I know that it is not as large a city as Cincy, but metrics indicate Dayton is in the top 50 wireless markets in the country. I know they wanted to roll it out to the top 100 markets, but I am hoping since the Dayton area is considered a part of the Cincy market they spread the love up this way.

Sprint considers Dayton part of the Cincinnati market...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, not sure if it is the snow on the ground, but now I'm getting 3-4 bars at Dad's house when a call is in progress. Still only one measley bar in standby, and data is still slow. I did upgrade his WiFi router from an old Linksys 54g to a newer Asus 802.11ac. It did improve the coverage inside his house a little bit, which is nice with my Republic Wireless phone...