Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Yes we need more recruits on the hunt for NV 1.0 completion. I've went as far west as I could to identify radios and since you're at that location (and could possibly search for others in your area if it isn't an inconvenience) help the Cincinnati/Dayton/KY identify these locations. I'm new just like yourself and you could be a great resource in the far west-side, please consider it.

As for your struggles, I've faced them with you brother... it's tough to get strong signal in the west-side, I'm more inside the city than your locale. But as you've noticed, great strides have been made and they are sweeping the city and soon our locale will be stronger. This is an exciting time to be with Sprint!

I have limited time during the week so searching around is not always possible. I have not sent any info in for the towers in my area, mostly because they are shown on the NV Sites Complete map as being either 3G/4G or 3G/800/4G accepted. I guess I just assumed that the info was somehow magically pulled out of the above mentioned map and inserted into the database/map for our area. Is that not correct? Anyway, if I happen upon a new location that is lit up with 4G I will be happy to pass the info on.

• Like 1

Thanks!! Well there are other ways in which you can contribute but being able to provide updates on other areas that aren't checked frequently are great as well. Here's the info in which i mentioned previously, you need to become a sponsor to enter and view (if i'm not mistaken) But with the cause of finding updated radios/towers it always good to know if other ppl can contribute. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6135-cincinnati-market-mapspreadsheet/

I have limited time during the week so searching around is not always possible. I have not sent and info in for the towers in my area, mostly because they are shown on the NV Sites Complete map as being either 3G/4G or 3G/800/4G accepted. I guess I just assumed that the info was somehow magically pulled out of the above mentioned map and inserted into the database/map for our area. Is that not correct? Anyway, if I happen upon a new location that is lit up with 4G I will be happy to pass the info on.

That's pretty accurate. Our Cincinnati market map, being a smaller area compared to nationwide, can get updates repoted a few days earlier than the big map. We like to confirm each new site whenever possible. We also check on 3G, legacy, or in-progress sites for new signals or equipment. Sites are only marked in-progress when a member uploads pictures of new equipment.

I don't expect people to go out of their way to check sites, although some members graciously do. I think most of us check sites on our daily commute or when out running errands etc. Sometimes members find LTE before it gets officially reported, and it's fun to be among the first to know.

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

• Like 4

It means "Holy #?*! that's a strong signal!"

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

I confirmed with the software author that's the case.  Anything stronger than -40dbm is not metered, and instead just gives the "Bat signal" lol.

However, this does present a good point.   In my bedroom, where I spend 8+ hours a day, I'm getting bombarded by the site.  Starting to wonder if there are any health risks.  This level is much stronger than even my WiFi router, which is about -60dbm in my bedroom.

• Like 2

Inside my house, I am getting a weird indicator from SignalCheck Pro...

Often the 1x 800 indicator reads between -60 to -40dbm.  However, sometimes I see #?*! for the signal level.  I am assuming it is because it's stronger than -40dbm.  I live about .2miles from the tower, and the panel appears to be aimed in my general direction.

I have attached a screenshot of the indicator, top left.

Anyone tell me what this means, for sure?

Sorry to dig this up...

But why are you looking at Teleconnections!???

Anything stronger than -40dbm is not metered, and instead just gives the "Bat signal" lol.

However, this does present a good point.   In my bedroom, where I spend 8+ hours a day, I'm getting bombarded by the site.  Starting to wonder if there are any health risks.

Yep, your testicles are now like hard boiled eggs.

AJ

Hopefully good news for us long suffering downtowners. This is the roof of 4th and plumattachicon.gif1406065089346.jpg

I know there have been some upgrades downtown because I have been picking up some LTE signals on 9th outside of the library for about a month now. I had stopped using sensorly because I put a bunch of purple on band 41 from covington into downtown a while back on my G2, but the the LTE I'm picking up these days is definitely 1900 because I switched back to my Note 2.

• Like 2

Could someone verify if this indeed is the site on Colerain? My phone latched on do this here in Covington. yjeba5u6.jpg

I can't confirm the site is indeed where it says, but if it is, that got to be close to 9 miles as the crow flies to downtown Covington. That would be great.

• Like 1

I live in Fairfield twp near the Bridgewater tower and I regularly am off the tower on Cincinnati-Columbus Rd which is US 42. Not sure why I see that one but that is about the same distance I think, maybe more. Its 7 miles to I 75 from me. I regular see the one across from Streets of West Chester also. 

Sorry to dig this up...

But why are you looking at Teleconnections!???

That was just the video I was watching at the time I took the snapshot to show the SignalCheck indicator. It's part of the the W3 Skyeyeweather video that Rich Apuzzo does.

I have the HTC one, the m7, I do have home wifi but since the router, cable modem, pc, etc is all down in the basement , I get a weak signal in areas I spend a lot of time... Not moving the equipment ....I have a wired / wireless setup , multiple equipment, multiple floors with both long Ethernet cable runs into router. As well as wireless equipment...

Why am I getting 3 different locations on the BSL , and what does that all mean ? 5y8y7e6a.jpg2usy3atu.jpgadamegur.jpg

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but looks like your phone is switching towers for you voice signal. I am supprised to see that the Harrison Ave. and Taylor Road towers are 1xRTT. I have been getting 800 voice off of both of those towers. Maybe they are still working on them.

That happens all the time to everyone I guess. I know it happens to me. Not sure if its because all that towers are totally adjusted yet or whether it does that under more normal circumstances.