Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

I have never put my phone in LTE only mode and I have had this. I never understood why all the talk about this.

Yes its only for spark enabled phones. Some of the towers in Cincinnati are not broadcasting csfb so only single band phones will stay connected to lte. On spark phones you have to force lte to stay connected to these towers..granted you loose phone call capabilities when doing this

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The east and north-east is starting to get constant LTE coverage. Still not use to seeing the LTE symbol but it is staying connected longer and longer and without airplane toggle! :D

• Like 1

The east and north-east is starting to get constant LTE coverage. Still not use to seeing the LTE symbol but it is staying connected longer and longer and without airplane toggle! :D

Yeah.. Have a coworker who lives north and has had usable service.. Then he had a meeting downtown and couldnt believe how bad it was.... Tick tick tick July is getting closer

• Like 1

So I think I experienced HD Voice this morning. I was driving up 71N on a phone call and right before Pfeiffer my call dropped and I switched from 3G to LTE. When I called the person back the quality was absolutely night and day. I could hear every little aspect of their voice. It was the clearest call I've ever heard on a cell phone. Pretty awesome.

• Like 2

It would be even cooler if call didn't drop in the first place. Yesterday was so bad with three important dropped calls, my wife telling me that her phone didn't ring at all when I called, and even my sprint Wimax freedom pop hotspot not working that I called in. I was told that my tower in the liberty/west chester area would go live at 7pm tonight. Still hesitant to believe anything, but I'll be paying attention. Still August for downtown

It would be even cooler if call didn't drop in the first place. Yesterday was so bad with three important dropped calls, my wife telling me that her phone didn't ring at all when I called, and even my sprint Wimax freedom pop hotspot not working that I called in. I was told that my tower in the liberty/west chester area would go live at 7pm tonight. Still hesitant to believe anything, but I'll be paying attention. Still August for downtown

August for downtown? ? So alas to having any decent service during the Summer events in downtown lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn't hold your breath on any time line given when you call in. I seriously don't understand the lack of consistency in information given by the service department. Any time I have called I get a canned answer of up to 6 months to restore consistent service. And then others on here are given not only a date but a time of day? The sad truth is it will be finished when it is finished and nothing we do will change that. I am just hoping it is all sorted out by years end. That is when I will make my final call on what I am going to do.
  • Like 1

I had lte for the vast majority of a trip from Fairfield to Louisville and back yesterday. The few spots I actually "tested" seemed rather slow and laggy. But I had a decent signal and my battery life was much improved.

• Like 1

Yeah, the S3 is a non-triband phone so the fact that you did get lte I have no doubt. Us with Tri-band phones, not so lucky, at least for now.

I agree. That is a big factor in my waiting things out on my upgrade. That and I really hope the note 4 has the lte-a technology for Sprint. The s5 had it for at&t but not for Sprint.

I probably should have done my homework on devices per say, before getting this one. But I saw the LTE logo with the little "Spark" on the S5 at the store. and I was like I want it! lol. My tablet picks up lte quite nicely here at work though.  Although I will say, I really haven't had any of those big problems that other folks have had. Covington although not "converted" yet at least by the house is ok. I don't really have major issues although at work data is really slow, but they are slowly coming this way, I get unusable Lte off and on all day which to me is a good sign. I've been connecting briefly to some band 41 lte here too lately. So I am good for now, let's see how long I can be this patient. 

Why does my debug menu show this but I'm on 3g? Signal too low?

Just had a nice dropped call and people can't hear me and couldn't make calls... must be working on the tower.

post-22891-0-23720700-1399573699_thumb.png

Edited by i2istudios

Why does my debug menu show this but I'm on 3g? Signal too low?

Just had a nice dropped call and people can't hear me and couldn't make calls... must be working on the tower.

That's one of the eCSFB issues- it will reject your connection until the problem has been fixed on that tower. If you are not truly "connected" or allowed access, it will not switch over to the Walmart Logo.

• Like 2

My MiFi will connect to LTE but my phones won't, wth?

===============

Debug

===============

LTE

IMSI: 310120020330754

Connection State: Connected

PLMN ID: 875639091

Band:

[0] type:LTE   band:E_UTRA_OPERATING_BAND_41   channel:39826

RSRP: 0 dBm

RSRQ: 0 dB

RS-SINR: -18.4 dB

Tx Power: -3.5 dBm

APN: r.i5.ispsn

IPv4 Address: 0.0.0.0

IPv6 Address: N/A

IPv4 Call Last Error Code:

IPv6 Call Last Error Code: WDS_CER_UNSPECIFIED_V01

My MiFi will connect to LTE but my phones won't, wth?

[0] type:LTE band:E_UTRA_OPERATING_BAND_41 ...

Not all phones can receive band 41.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Calls are dropping like crazy in Fairfield Twp this morning. People are having a hard time understanding even what I am saying.

Same thing happened today coming through anderson township, finally, it connected to LTE steadily but by the time i jad pulled over to get more accurat information, the signal failed. I did screenshot SCP as i lost the signal though, but i dont think its of any use