Network Vision/LTE - Norfolk Market (Hampton Roads/Virginia Tidewater)

wellsey1126

Thanks for the site generally and the info in this thread specifically. I've been waiting to activate a new S3 until LTE is in sight. Still using a Touch Pro 2 and the slow speeds drove me to grab an unlocked Gnex to use on T-mo while waiting (When it's fast, it's nice. But coverage has been too spotty).

Over in the Sponsor section we have maps of sites that are reported from a source as live. Its in the NV Sites Complete maps under Alcatel Lucent.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Been a minute scince my lst post on our area, but I can confirm that multipule towers are being actively upgraded, here is a list so far:

Tower in patric henery mall between it and toysrus off of jefferson ave, way down of I664 northbound just before the college dr exit, and to my suprise the tower behind baron elementary school of foxhill road was being worked on. As a side note I have seen all these site actively being worked on over JUST the past week, so perhaps they are steping it up :-)

• Like 2

4G is popping up everywhere. Is it LTE you guys are seeing or just 4G?

We have 10 sites with 4G LTE active in the Norfolk market. You can see them in our Sponsor maps. For more info about becoming a S4GRU Sponsor: http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

Robert

I think Elizabeth City might be it's own build out. Odd that one popped up near the same time frame...

From the information that we have it's part of the Norfolk - Hampton Roads market. So it make sense that upgrades would be going on there at the same time.

I just uploaded 2 more sites as In Progress in the Norfolk market over in the NV Sites Complete maps. One is East of Chesapeake near Stumpy Lake, the other is in Elizabeth City NC (which is in the Norfolk market). These sites are actually accepted as complete with 4G Network Vision upgrades and will appear in next week's update.

Robert

The 4G symbol showed up on my phone for a brief moment, then I lost data all together. I restarted my phone but no 4G this time. This was around Lynnhaven and Rosemont. Things are starting to look up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I got 4G back and uploaded data to sensorly. My downloads speeds were only 3Mbs. Not a bad start since I can barely get a connection.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I went ahead and activated my GS3 today and ran sensorly while I was out. I saw some 4G over by Red Mill Commons. It was kind of spotty and even when I had good DL, UL was poor.

Screenshot_2013-01-02-21-16-25.png

No idea why the capture comes across so small, but while I try to figure it out it can be seen larger here

Edited by kb6183

Any idea if the NV rollout for Norfolk/Hampton Roads includes Williamsburg/James City County and York County (Especially Northern York)? If not, what market would that fall under?

Any idea if the NV rollout for Norfolk/Hampton Roads includes Williamsburg/James City County and York County (Especially Northern York)? If not, what market would that fall under?

All of those areas fall withing the Norfolk market. Therefore, the NV upgrade for Norfolk will eventually include these areas as well.

I picked up 4G LTE signal at the corner of Rosemont Rd and Virginia Beach Blvd in Virginia Beach. I was able to keep the signal all the way down Rosemont to Holland Rd and into the neighborhood of Chimney Hill. I had Sensorly running and I am currently uploading the data packets to the servers. Should help update the Sensorly coverage maps a bit more.

• Like 2

Well I have been running Sensorly just about every day on my commute on 64 from Kempsville to the Naval Base and have yet to register a 4G signal. Also was in downtown Norfolk for New Years and never did I see any 4G signal on the HTC EVO 4G LTE and the Sensorly coverage map shows strong signals covering Norfolk. I cycled airplane mode multiple times and never saw anything but 3G. Beginning to think sensorly data is inaccurate.

Well I have been running Sensorly just about every day on my commute on 64 from Kempsville to the Naval Base and have yet to register a 4G signal. Also was in downtown Norfolk for New Years and never did I see any 4G signal on the HTC EVO 4G LTE and the Sensorly coverage map shows strong signals covering Norfolk. I cycled airplane mode multiple times and never saw anything but 3G. Beginning to think sensorly data is inaccurate.

People are seeing LTE all over the place. Sensorly's coverages are accurate. It is provided by you and me and other Sprint LTE customers. It is automatically sent by their devices when logged into Sensorly. And the coverages are appearing at completed sites on our Sponsor maps.

If you cannot connect to LTE in these places then it is your device. Do you have the device in LTE mode? Have you installed any custom ROM's? Are you running the newest Jelly Bean OTA? You may even have a device with faulty LTE radio. Wouldn't be the first time.

However, I assure you there are a dozen LTE sites live in the Norfolk market and more are going live every week.

• Like 2

People are seeing LTE all over the place. Sensorly's coverages are accurate. It is provided by you and me and other Sprint LTE customers. It is automatically sent by their devices when logged into Sensorly. And the coverages are appearing at completed sites on our Sponsor maps.

If you cannot connect to LTE in these places then it is your device. Do you have the device in LTE mode? Have you installed any custom ROM's? Are you running the newest Jelly Bean OTA? You may even have a device with faulty LTE radio. Wouldn't be the first time.

However, I assure you there are a dozen LTE sites live in the Norfolk market and more are going live every week.

My phone is in LTE mode. Not running any custom roms and have been running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 for a few weeks. Guess the only thing I can do is go sit were there are 4 bars showing on sensorly and see if it's my phone. My wife has the same phone so I'll drag her along and see if it connects. The one thing about the roll out that is odd to me is that Chesapeak had coverage before any where in VA Beach.