Three Days in the Waco 4G LTE FIT & S4GRU Planned Articles

S4GRU

I spent three days here in the Waco 4G LTE FIT. Lots of things to share. Will be writing an article about it all tomorrow. I also concluded LTE radio performance testing. The radio performance articles are also coming up soon too. We also will have an Austin market update article tomorrow and the NV Sites Complete update. Big week planned at S4GRU.

Stay tuned. Today, I'm driving back to Northern New Mexico. Where the weather is 15 degrees cooler and the humidity is half.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 13

NV Sites Complete map will include the first SF Bay and PR/VI sites accepted by Sprint. Also will include a hefty update of LTE sites in the Chicago. Also, the biggest Kansas week ever, with a couple of new cities. Exciting week.

• Like 7

Today, I'm driving back to Northern New Mexico. Where the weather is 15 degrees cooler and the humidity is half...

...and all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

AJ

• Like 1

...and all the women are strong' date=' all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

AJ[/quote']

And every meal is served with red or green.

And every meal is served with red or green.

In Waco, red or green would get you ketchup or pickles.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Did you get a chance to test 12124 on the S3?

I finally found the one tower in New Braunfels with 4g last night.

Overall impressed with the signal properties of NV towers on the 3G side. I had to use 3G at the hotel since I refuse to use open wifi without my VPN connection up at home. Even the wife didn't use wifi.. As she told me she doesn't use any that are unlocked. And I thought she just ignored my random tech ramblings.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 5

I'd help with your testing, but I haven't yet rooted. Maybe soon.

+1 on the VPN. I won't use any public (encrypted or not) wifi without my VPN.

Don't think you need to root, and but you do need your MSL code. Easily obtainable from a Sprint rep.

Did you get a chance to test 12124 on the S3?

I finally found the one tower in New Braunfels with 4g last night.

Overall impressed with the signal properties of NV towers on the 3G side. I had to use 3G at the hotel since I refuse to use open wifi without my VPN connection up at home. Even the wife didn't use wifi.. As she told me she doesn't use any that are unlocked. And I thought she just ignored my random tech ramblings.

I cannot get a 4G LTE signal on 12124 either. Just goes right to eHRPD. Bummer.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I cannot get a 4G LTE signal on 12124 either. Just goes right to eHRPD. Bummer.

Not a bummer. That's awesome! It's fixable.

Wait is the nv sites complete being updated today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow. I'm driving down US 287 through Wichita County, Texas at 80 MPH.

Tomorrow. I'm driving down US 287 through Wichita County, Texas at 80 MPH.

Same here on the speed. And no one in TX knows how to use their cruise control! 70..75...80..78..75..

I see why people are frustrated with LTE coverage. On my way back through Houston I only picked up LTE on both phones for a very short period of time, maybe a mile or so.

• Like 2

Same here on the speed. And no one in TX knows how to use their cruise control! 70..75...80..78..75..

I see why people are frustrated with LTE coverage. On my way back through Houston I only picked up LTE on both phones for a very short period of time' date=' maybe a mile or so.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge[/quote']

Tell me about it. I can't run cruise control. Speed up, slow down.

The Viper and GNex were much better at picking up LTE on their own in my testing. GS3 was definitely better than the EVO LTE though. The EVO LTE was very difficult to keep connected to fragile signals.

Seemed like the EVO LTE would only connect on its own if we were stationary or stayed in LTE coverage with a strong signal for several minutes.

• Like 1

Yes, I believe they still have some work to do on the scanning on the LTE.

I would probably be in the sprint store a lot if I was in a well covered area and it kept disconnecting and had a S3 to compare it to.

So u wouldn't recommend the evo 4G then?

I wouldn't, if I lived in an active Sprint LTE market. My wife was so annoyed with her EVO LTE compared to the other LTE devices. She was blissfully ignorant until she was seeing the side by side LTE performance for four days.

I believe the EVO LTE will still get better and better with each OTA. However, I believe my wife would have shot me had it not had the latest OTA.

• Like 2

I wouldn't, if I lived in an active Sprint LTE market. My wife was so annoyed with her EVO LTE compared to the other LTE devices. She was blissfully ignorant until she was seeing the side by side LTE performance for four days.

I believe the EVO LTE will still get better and better with each OTA. However, I believe my wife would have shot me had it not had the latest OTA.

oh dang cause I really wanted the evo LTE! Do u think that HTC will make another sprint device this year?