PRLs and LTE

how do i know what PRL my phone has? i did an update yesterday and it said it's up to date.

Go into settings and then "about" phone or phone info (usually near the bottom settings). You should then see info on software and hardware. Look for PRL within those menus.

I tried to use the hacked Verizon-only prl (00001) and it connected me to MetroPCS not Verizon? I think it might be because where my house is the signal for Verizon is weak and MetroPCS is stronger?

I can't wait for the LTE manufactures to release an all frequency LTE chip that will allow roaming on any LTE network nationwide (or worldwide). I had read a few months back that they were about to release such a chip but then I didn't hear anything else about it? It's crazy that we won't be able to roam on LTE like we do on EVDO.

Go into settings and then "about" phone or phone info (usually near the bottom settings). You should then see info on software and hardware. Look for PRL within those menus.

I tried to use the hacked Verizon-only prl (00001) and it connected me to MetroPCS not Verizon? I think it might be because where my house is the signal for Verizon is weak and MetroPCS is stronger?

I can't wait for the LTE manufactures to release an all frequency LTE chip that will allow roaming on any LTE network nationwide (or worldwide). I had read a few months back that they were about to release such a chip but then I didn't hear anything else about it? It's crazy that we won't be able to roam on LTE like we do on EVDO.

thanks, it says i have PRL 25006

This is highly unlikely. There currently cant even be a chip that allows for ATT and VZW lte at the same time on the upper and lower 700 mhz block, because of interference issues.

An all-frequency chip isn't the problem. Fitting all the antennas into the phone is.

What about a dynamically changing antenna? Or am I dreaming?

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

What about a dynamically changing antenna? Or am I dreaming?

You mean like this...

I think that we have identified an agent of Skynet. Josh, what were you doing on August 29, 1997?

AJ

• Like 2

You mean like this...

I think that we have identified an agent of Skynet. Josh' date=' what were you doing on August 29, 1997?

AJ[/quote']

How would I remember that far back? I was only a kid.

How would I remember that far back? I was only a kid.

And I'm not a skynet agent.

...or you just think that you were a kid. But Skynet implanted those childhood memories because you are actually an android. I think that we need to cut around your forearm to find out. If you start to speak German, that is further proof.

;)

AJ

...or you just think that you were a kid. But Skynet implanted those childhood memories because you are actually an android. I think that we need to cut around your forearm to find out. If you start to speak German' date=' that is further proof.

;)

AJ[/quote']

How do we know if you are really the Skynet agent, and you are just trying to take the attention off of yourself? :rofl:

How do we know if you are really the Skynet agent, and you are just trying to take the attention off of yourself?

But I am not the one deflecting, Josh. You are.

So, are you a Skynet android agent or not? Cut off your forearm. Really, it is a simple test. We are waiting.

AJ

But I am not the one deflecting, Josh. You are.

So, are you a Skynet android agent or not? Cut off your forearm. Really, it is a simple test. We are waiting.

AJ

If I did that I would no longer have my arm and it would be one really bloody mess. Plus I hate pain and am not interested in suffering anymore than I already am right now. :(

I did find a PRL that has 3g roaming on VZW, 800SMR as high priority, and MCC records for PRL.

Will share when I get back home..

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

This is GREAT news!

Edited by MacinJosh

I did find a PRL that has 3g roaming on VZW' date=' 800SMR as high priority, and MCC records for PRL.

Will share when I get back home..

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge[/quote']

We can add it to the S4GRU download center. Yeehaw!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I did find a PRL that has 3g roaming on VZW, 800SMR as high priority, and MCC records for PRL.

I thought that you edited your own PRLs. Now, you make it sound as if you go out into the woods and "find" them. If so, I would like to know where these PRL hunting grounds are.

;)

AJ

I thought that you edited your own PRLs. Now, you make it sound as if you go out into the woods and "find" them. If so, I would like to know where these PRL hunting grounds are.

;)

AJ

"Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits...er..uh..pew-er-lls...fer..the LTE"

I have done some edits in the past, but I will admit that I'm lazy and use another PRL that is already setup and ready to go. I might edit 56006 and add in the missing MCC/MNC records for GEO's that need them and also add in all the 800SMR SIDs for testing purposes. The super S4GRU PRL!! ;) Just have to figure out some time to do it. Worked over 65 hours this week and that was with Monday off...will probably hit 80+ for the week starting tomorrow. Good ole Isaac!

Here's my unofficial analysis of some new PRL ranges:

54006 - is close to 24006 except for about 21 international SIDs removed (includes international LTE records)

16006 - almost exactly like 12124 except for the LTE records included and 800SMR SIDS are higher priority over PCS band (does not include international LTE records)

56006 - very close to 16006 except some international priority changes (includes international LTE records)

and of course the PRLs are here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1290796&d=1346273413

• Like 1

They are really making them realistic these days...

...although they are "hung" like Ken dolls.

:P

AJ

• Like 2