Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Some work Sprint is doing. No tower between Juncos and Humacao were broadcasting eHRDP or/and LTE and today, BOOM, flipped the LTE switch for Humacao and eHRPD with NV 3G for Juncos and Las Piedras. All in one sweep.

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2

• Like 4

They are upgrading the entire network, not just cities. So they upgrade each site the moment it is ready. It is typically faster to have a rural site ready to upgrade than an urban site. Backhaul install is usually much faster at rural sites, as well as planning, zoning and permitting.

Frankly, I get tired of all you city folks who get all pissed off because for one time in human history, the rural areas got something first. Part of me wants to laugh and point at you. I get tired of the, "Doesn't Sprint know how important I think I am? I should get LTE first!"

As has been stated many times in this thread, I am very grateful that Sprint has put PR at the top of the deployment schedule. PR will likely be the first market totally complete. And San Juan will likely have complete coverage before most stateside cities. Sprint is treating you guys very well, all things considered.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

All things considered? Being the last in the game of LTE and coverage compared to the other carriers in present in the island it's way behind... Ages....

All things considered? Being the last in the game of LTE and coverage compared to the other carriers in present in the island it's way behind... Ages....

Your complaints are rather pathetic. To complain right in the middle of active deployment is ridiculous. The speed in which Sprint and Samsung have converted sites in Puerto Rico is unprecedented. Even compared to these other carriers you attempt to honor here. Also, Sprint is upgrading every single site on the island. Every one. In less than six months. I'm still amazed.

You complain, yet you stick with Sprint. Why? Is it because the other carriers in PR are more expensive and not unlimited? If that's why you stay, then you should be overjoyed at this progress. Please do not post anymore nonsensical whiny ramblings here. We don't have much sympathy.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 10

No more complaints. Just enjoy the ride like me and the others. Sprint will have the island completed by Jan/ Feb, for that Im grateful. Rocking right know with 2.5 megs of 3g and it wouldn't surprise me if I see the 4g lit in my note by tomorrow. We're lucky to be the first or the second market almost completed as Robert said in 6 months; this is unprecedented.

Your complaints are rather pathetic. To complain right in the middle of active deployment is ridiculous. The speed in which Sprint and Samsung have converted sites in Puerto Rico is unprecedented. Even compared to these other carriers you attempt to honor here. Also, Sprint is upgrading every single site on the island. Every one. In less than six months. I'm still amazed.

You complain, yet you stick with Sprint. Why? Is it because the other carriers in PR are more expensive and not unlimited? If that's why you stay, then you should be overjoyed at this progress. Please do not post anymore nonsensical whiny ramblings here. We don't have much sympathy.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Well cost wise they are comparable, at least in PR and well they're not the only unlimited carrier, I'm not saying I don't appreciate the work done, It's just that sprint is so behind not only in the island but nation wide and the only upperhand they had was unlimited data and by the time our contracts expire maybe more carriers other than sprint and tmobile will have unlimited as well. I still think the overhaul of the network at least in the isalnd was long overdue... Or Im I the only one that for a long time has been promised by customer support that something was being done to fix dropped calls and snail pace data and nothing happed util now?... Sorry if offended some of the forum members but the truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts but you'll live...

Well cost wise they are comparable, at least in PR and well they're not the only unlimited carrier, I'm not saying I don't appreciate the work done, It's just that sprint is so behind not only in the island but nation wide and the only upperhand they had was unlimited data and by the time our contracts expire maybe more carriers other than sprint and tmobile will have unlimited as well. I still think the overhaul of the network at least in the isalnd was long overdue... Or Im I the only one that for a long time has been promised by customer support that something was being done to fix dropped calls and snail pace data and nothing happed util now?... Sorry if offended some of the forum members but the truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts but you'll live...

may be in pr are other cariers unlimited like t mobile but their signal is really bad there are a lot of places that they fail sprint to me has been one of the best carriers in the island i have been with all of them and all has their problems claro voice service stinks there are doop calls everywere att is to expensive and customer service stinks and open mobile isin't that great . sprint will be the first to have lte in all the island not only in the biggest cities. if sprint dosen't satisfy you go to another company an good luck

• Like 1

Yup thats right!!!

So there's only a spot between Palmas del Mar and Candelero without LTE, because from Aguacate , in front of the new school Dr Diaz Tizol. From that point to Yabucoa , there is LTE coverage.

nesterpr using Nexus 7

Something was being done and it was called WiMax to fix slow data, but Sprint decided to go another route and started the network vision project. As far as customer service goes in all companies you call yo complain they tell you something is being done and nothing ever happens, here we have a 100% network overhaul. And BELIVE me when I tell you, your contract will be up and and AT&T and Verizon (that will be here next year) will still be metering their data plans.

• Like 1

Something was being done and it was called WiMax to fix slow data, but Sprint decided to go another route and started the network vision project. As far as customer service goes in all companies you call yo complain they tell you something is being done and nothing ever happens, here we have a 100% network overhaul. And BELIVE me when I tell you, your contract will be up and and AT&T and Verizon (that will be here next year) will still be metering their data plans.

Verizon back? Wow those are news!!!

Verizon back? Wow those are news!!!

Verizon invested millions on Opens LTE network, so that they could provide their customers with data roaming in Puerto Rico. Why do you think Open suddenly started requiring two year contracts, using Verizon's same equipment and double data promotions.

Verizon invested millions on Opens LTE network, so that they could provide their customers with data roaming in Puerto Rico. Why do you think Open suddenly started requiring two year contracts, using Verizon's same equipment and double data promotions.

what I dont understand why they sell verizon in puerto rico to claro few year ago!

Sorry if offended some of the forum members but the truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts but you'll live...

The truth is, this is not the proper forum for your complaints. It is a private forum not affiliated with sprint, so we do not host sprints complaints, nor do we tolerate members talking back to the admin of the site. If you want to complain, go log onto Facebook.

• Like 8

Some work Sprint is doing. No tower between Juncos and Humacao were broadcasting eHRDP or/and LTE and today, BOOM, flipped the LTE switch for Humacao and eHRPD with NV 3G for Juncos and Las Piedras. All in one sweep.

Yesterday update. It seem that one Data Upgrade is LTE or 3G NV, two Data upgrades, receive both.

yesterday_update.jpg

SMH!!! A promise is a comfort to a fool.

I could never understand customers like this. You complain, which as a customer you have every right to do(just not on s4gru) but when something is actually being done about it in record time, you still complain?

• Like 8

SMH!!! A promise is a comfort to a fool.

I could never understand customers like this. You complain, which as a customer you have every right to do(just not on s4gru) but when something is actually being done about it in record time, you still complain?

Well it turn out that they were the ones that made the call to me to tell about the new contact number for custome service ans since I was having so many problems I explained the issues (maybe because my accout is a corporate one).