Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

I read something a couple of days ago about Mayagüez being up on NV but I'm not so sure about it.....its not updated on the maps and where I live signal hasn't changed.... :(-_-:huh: :wacko:

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

There is an update coming tonight.

• Like 2

im kind of new here I thought sprint has good signal in mayaguez! thank god that where I live have good data and signal almost full!

We have pretty good signal here but there are some kind of "black holes" which are supposed te be fixed with the new tech...

NV upgrade complete doesn't really mean the site is online and broadcasting and I got 20 kbps on an eHRPD site (obviously using the old backhaul), so I got you guys beat by almost 200 kbps ;)

Thnx for clarifying that!!! Im happy again,!!!!!!

There is an update coming tonight.

May the Sprint Mighty Gods read this post!!!!!!

an update on new sites accepted by Sprint, in the sponsor section of the site

Please send me the link on a pm....i cannot find that thread....

NV upgrade complete doesn't really mean the site is online and broadcasting

and I got 20 kbps on an eHRPD site (obviously using the old backhaul), so I got you guys beat by almost 200 kbps ;)

I thought that's exactly what I ment, what does it mean? Why do they mark it as complete if its not broadcasting?

I thought that's exactly what I ment, what does it mean? Why do they mark it as complete if its not broadcasting?

I've honestly got no idea (and no sources or inside info), but judging from what we've seen, a site marked as complete may just be that the equipment installation has been inspected and accepted.

in this case, "complete" and "functioning" are not the same...

yeah send me the link too if you have it! thanks

To see the sites completed maps, you need to be a sponsor of the site. If you are not a sponsor, the link won't work for you.

As far as marking sites complete, but not being live, there can be any number of reasons. The equipment can be installed and be functioning, as to make the site itself complete, but there may be some issue with connecting the new equipment into the network, backhaul might not be finished or any combination there of. However, it usually does not take long for a site that all of the equipment sign off to be connected into the new network. Usually no more than a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Said it before, Ill say it again: at least work is being done and we have the speedtests to prove it. Many areas in the US arent even announced yet so just chill.

But do you think that US signal is worst that in Puerto Rico in recent year ??? I dont think so because I have a lot of family and friend that tell me the signal are horrible and one of the reason I switch to sprint is because of the NV! But I agree with you at least work is being done! And when is done is going to be a high demand company in puerto rico because is the best plan!

Edited by lenny

We have 44 lte accepted sites, definately we have some good upgrading rate, we should see some LTE love in Mayaguez soon.

I can not wait till all of them go online. I have noticed that even tough they have been LTE accepted they are not always turned ON if you will.

But do you think that US signal is worst that in Puerto Rico in recent year ??? I dont think so because I have a lot of family and friend that tell me the signal are horrible and one of the reason I switch to sprint is because of the NV! But I agree with you at least work is being done! And when is done is going to be a high demand company in puerto rico because is the best plan!

Yes, signal is as bad in some areas of the US as in PR, why do you think there are many people jumping ship or jus mad because of their service?

Back on topic: guys remember to map using Sensorly and osva, what area in Guaynabo?

Just saw on the sprint map1 upgraded tower on St.Thomas USVI, hope this is correct and sprint will upgrade all towers in the Virgin Island including St.Croix where I live. Kudos.....to all die hard sprint customers!!

I'm on St Thomas. What is this sprint map1 you're referring to? Oh man am I ready for some work to be done over here.

Yes, signal is as bad in some areas of the US as in PR, why do you think there are many people jumping ship or jus mad because of their service?

Back on topic: guys remember to map using Sensorly and osva, what area in Guaynabo?

Plaza Guaynabo - Ave. Las Cumbres area.

I can not wait till all of them go online. I have noticed that even tough they have been LTE accepted they are not always turned ON if you will.

That's right....I got a tower in front of my house with the NV equipment and 3G/4G ready in the maps two months ago and still broadcasting EVDO :(

• Like 1