Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Sprint is deploying LTE on every cell site (except a select few) you needn't worry about there being large swaths of 3G/2G only on Spint like there will be on att

This is what I have heard and sounds great but in my opinion att's 3g (hspa+) is in most cases more then fast enough. Sprint's 3g is in many cases so far unusable.

Steven

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

This is what I have heard and sounds great but in my opinion att's 3g (hspa+) is in most cases more then fast enough. Sprint's 3g is in many cases so far unusable.

Steven

But even in areas where you aren't able to pick up Sprint LTE, their upgraded 3G should provide enough speed to do almost anything you need it to.

But even in areas where you aren't able to pick up Sprint LTE, their upgraded 3G should provide enough speed to do almost anything you need it to.

When they say the upgrade is complete in puerto rico and nowhere you see 100-300 kbs download speeds I'll be sold.

everybody's entitled to their own opinion, but personally, I find that Sprint's upgraded 3G and LTE are gonna be way more useful and appealing, being unlimited, than whatever speeds AT&T has on HSPA+ and LTE with their data cap.

like I said, this is just my opinion and how I see it

EDIT: just because of curiosity, I checked my data usage for this month at Sprint.com, and despite having sub-500k speeds and no LTE yet at most places I'm at and exclusively using Wifi at home, I've used almost 1 Gig of 3G data and 300 megs of 4G data. low bandwidth/high usage beats high bandwidth/limited usage any day in my book.

• Like 2

When they say the upgrade is complete in puerto rico and nowhere you see 100-300 kbs download speeds I'll be sold.

At the rate PR is moving, it should be complete in a few months. Soo just keep your eye on this site and then you'll know.

I think you find a lot of people are already seeing regular 1-2Mbps download speeds in the already-upgraded areas of PR. And nearly everywhere there is a 3G signal, there will be a 4G LTE signal, so if you have an LTE phone, you pretty much won't have to worry about 3G speeds.

• Like 2

By reports from our members around the Enchanted Isle, 3G speeds at completed Network Vision sites seem to be quite stellar. Although, no one will be caring about 3G anymore once they have LTE service and a LTE device in their hand.

Robert

• Like 4

By reports from our members around the Enchanted Isle, 3G speeds at completed Network Vision sites seem to be quite stellar. Although, no one will be caring about 3G anymore once they have LTE service and a LTE device in their hand.

Robert

Supercalifragilisticespialidosius LIKE sorry

.. had to do it!!! :D

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Any other ppl from Mayagüez with a really crappy signal/service today???

My friend is having issues since this morning in Mayaguez. They are probably working on the sites. Some parts of the Metro area are like that. It just plain sucks. But hopefully well get better service by Christmas :)

• Like 1

My friend is having issues since this morning in Mayaguez. They are probably working on the sites. Some parts of the Metro area are like that. It just plain sucks. But hopefully well get better service by Christmas :)

T H A N K Y O U......I'm a bit relieved

Any other ppl from Mayagüez with a really crappy signal/service today???

today the terras site and the howard jonson site were down. the viaducto and the zoologico one were in 1x

• Like 1

today the terras site and the howard jonson site were down. the viaducto and the zoologico one were in 1x

That explains the shitty service today also

LTE!!!!

Ok my Galaxy 3 It's amazing... Love it and happy to report LTE at the airport and adjacent area I'm seeing 3-4 mbps during the day and over 8 at night, now the phone is not switching to LTE automaticly I have to toggle airplane mode and 4G lights up...

At last man...

• Like 1

LTE!!!! Ok my Galaxy 3 It's amazing... Love it and happy to report LTE at the airport and adjacent area I'm seeing 3-4 mbps during the day and over 8 at night, now the phone is not switching to LTE automaticly I have to toggle airplane mode and 4G lights up... At last man...
That's the problem with the G3. If the 3G signal is stronger that the 4G, is going to stay 3G unless you force the 4G with the airplane mode toogle.

That's the problem with the G3. If the 3G signal is stronger that the 4G, is going to stay 3G unless you force the 4G with the airplane mode toogle.

One of the couple that makes me love my EVOLTE even more...no pun intended ;)

One of the couple that makes me love my EVOLTE even more...no pun intended ;)

That is actually a more common problem with the EvoLTE than the GS3. The GS3 will pick up a signal way before the Evo, and it will mantain that signal for a lot longer distance. This was all proved by Robert.

• Like 1

That is actually a more common problem with the EvoLTE than the GS3. The GS3 will pick up a signal way before the Evo, and it will mantain that signal for a lot longer distance. This was all proved by Robert.

That I've heard but since Mayagüez has not been upgraded i haven't noticed it..... And as Robert himself stated..... Once all sites are UP and Running.... We are supposedly going to be running more LTE than 3G!!!! :lol:;):D

Do anyone here have problems with the signal in mayaguez? A lot of place I receive Extended signal on my iphone 5 and someplace I can not get internet 3g too! and yesterday I was passing on añasco the LTE sinal is very strong and download 13 mg and 10 upload! I can not wait for LTE to come to mayaguez!!

Do anyone here have problems with the signal in Mayagüez? A lot of place I receive Extended signal on my iphone 5 and someplace I can not get internet 3g too! and yesterday I was passing on añasco the LTE signal is very strong and download 13 mg and 10 upload! I can not wait for LTE to come to mayaguez!!

I think they are working cuz its been a couple of days that Mayagüez has been with a shitty signal

I think they are working cuz its been a couple of days that Mayagüez has been with a shitty signal

as per a tweet from Sprint Care to a friend that studies in Mayaguez they are working on the NV upgrades this weeks

• Like 2