Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Generally, at what time of the day Sprint flip the LTE or NV switch in a tower? Day time? Night time? Was reading some posts of workers doing NV related upgrades at night.

There is no general time. Between all markets, we have seen it happen at any time of day or night. Every site is different, it seems. No pattern at all.

Robert

• Like 2

Somebody found a new site with LTE this week ? Just asking. Im patiently waiting that Sprint activate the tower near my house already shown NV upgraded in the interactive maps.

Just got LTE in Toa Alta near Galateo :blink:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

All I know is signal got really bad in my house as of today, no signal at all. Hopefully its a sign theyre working on the towers around me, but this late at night? Somebody forgot to switch the tower back on.

I had normal signal during the day but now I am going to roaming or 1x. And it's barely usable. I am experiencing the problem on Bayamon and Cataño area

A q'.... I overheard some att fanatics talk about 4g and or LTE connections and they were so into it that i confused me, oh they also were iPhone fanatiks..... And that brought me this question: is there any difference between

4G and LTE?

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

just marketing, carriers call "4G" their LTE, and previously Sprint did with their WiMax as well.

though there are also debates if LTE is really 4G or not, one of the specific requirements for 4G classification by the ITU is: "Have peak data rates of up to approximately 100 Mbit/s for high mobility such as mobile access and up to approximately 1 Gbit/s for low mobility such as nomadic/local wireless access."

but that's an issue for another day... more info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G

• Like 1

just marketing, carriers call "4G" their LTE, and previously Sprint did with their WiMax as well.

though there are also debates if LTE is really 4G or not, one of the specific requirements for 4G classification by the ITU is: "Have peak data rates of up to approximately 100 Mbit/s for high mobility such as mobile access and up to approximately 1 Gbit/s for low mobility such as nomadic/local wireless access."

but that's an issue for another day... more info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G

Thanks for the info..... I asked too because i saw an iPhone 5 change between the 3 conections... 3G, 4G and LTE.....

was it an AT&T iPhone? I think it identifies the HSPA+ network (which is still 3G) as 4G, their Android phones do the same as well

like I said, it's all marketing, some carriers more than others... :lol:

Yep a friend of mines at&t iPhone.... And i did a speedtest on it while on LTE and got this!!!!

ereze3u5.jpg

I just couldn't stop laughing since he changed from #Sprint to "The supposedly almighty" #AT&T!!!!

• Like 1

Yep a friend of mines at&t iPhone.... And i did a speedtest on it while on LTE and got this!!!!

ereze3u5.jpg

I just couldn't stop laughing since he changed from #Sprint to "The supposedly almighty" #AT&T!!!!

LOL that's a bad speed wow mine was better last night with one bar

Patience... some areas dont even have NV yet.

Like us in Mayagüez..... But its because soon it will be

LTE.....LTE Everywhere!!!!

I'm on att. I'm lurking here because I'm tempted to return to sprint. Having said that att's speeds even on hspa+ blow sprint out of the water. One of my concerns about sprint is that unless they deploy lte widely their 3g speeds just don't cut it when compared to hspa+

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

I'm on att. I'm lurking here because I'm tempted to return to sprint. Having said that att's speeds even on hspa+ blow sprint out of the water. One of my concerns about sprint is that unless they deploy lte widely their 3g speeds just don't cut it when compared to hspa+

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Sprint is deploying LTE on every cell site (except a select few) you needn't worry about there being large swaths of 3G/2G only on Spint like there will be on att