Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

T- mobile site?

Im really not sure but doubt it since my mom haD t-mo and i live REALLY close to that site and once she entered my house her phone went into a black hole....literally as in sprint having at least half a bar of signal and t-mo like none

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-and-open-mobile-announce-joint-venture-in-puerto-rico-and-us-virgin-islands.htm

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. & SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Sprint (NYSE:S) and PR Wireless, doing business as Open Mobile, today announced an agreement to combine their businesses in Puerto Rico, together with Sprint’s business in the U.S. Virgin Islands, into a new joint venture. The joint venture between two of the key players in the Puerto Rico wireless market will create a stronger competitor offering postpaid, prepaid, Lifeline and business services with increased scale, expanded distribution, improved network capacity, faster speed, and a deeper spectrum position. Sprint and Open Mobile will have a 68% and a 32% economic interest, and a 55% and 45% voting interest in the joint venture, respectively. Evercore served as financial advisor to Open Mobile on the transaction.

“The combination of Sprint and Open Mobile will put us in a better position for sustainable growth and long-term success in the competitive Puerto Ricomarket,” said Claudio Hidalgo, Sprint’s Regional President for Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. “We will be able to more efficiently and effectively run the joint venture by integrating our strong employee teams, retail operations, and network and spectrum assets to create an improved mobile experience for our customers.”

“Looking at each company and our strengths in various segments of the market, we saw an incredible opportunity to join forces in a way that will benefit our customers, our employees and our business,” said Juan Saca, CEO of Open Mobile. “Our employees will be able to offer customers more competitive plans and better wireless coverage, with Open Mobile customers having a wider variety of devices to choose from and plans that include nationwide coverage and options for international roaming.”

The joint venture takes advantage of the strengths of both Sprint and Open Mobile. A Board of Directors will be established with Open Mobile and Sprint each designating representatives. A senior management team, to be named by the Board prior to closing, will manage day-to-day operations of the joint venture out of Puerto Rico. The transaction close is subject to review and approval by the Federal Communications Commission, along with other regulatory authorities, which is expected to take several months.

Both companies will continue to operate separately in the market under their current brands until the transaction closes. No action is required by existing Open Mobile, Sprint, Boost Mobile, or Virgin Mobile customers at this time, and they can remain on their existing devices and service plans. All customers in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands can expect a smooth transition, and additional information will be provided to all customers when the transaction closes.

• Like 2

So openmobile   15mhz of pcs 1900 and 10mhz of lte 700mhz ..conbine with sprint 5mhz pcs 1900 and  40mhz 2500mhz...?

Sprint also has pcs being used for 3G. does that 15mhz of pcs from open mobile include there 3G and LTE?

Well Sprint needs to add band 13 to all the phones that are coming...

I don't expect Sprint to change its product development based on this agreement with Open Mobile. What I expect is Open will maintain its product line up and add Sprint frequencies in the future (if they don't already support it). And Sprint devices that already support B13 may be able start using Open's B13 network.

What I think the big difference that will happen is Open will start deploying Sprint frequencies on their towers. Especially in the interior. And Sprint will start adding Open frequencies in any unique areas it serves, or is currently underserved.

We will know more in the future. But I believe this will be more about adding more bands to each others networks than about big device changes from Sprint.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

I can confirm at my home at Mayaguez band 41 live. Speedtest shows 5.6 mb inside my room

Where do you live exactly.....

• 2 weeks later...

It's a done deal but won't take affect for about 8 months hopefully less.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I really hope is less... im out of contract and really need to see an improvement.......