Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

26 minutes ago, Robert7 said:

Well  i did ##data#  then, lte then band priority,  no band 71.

My LG G7 is the same way.  But if I put in a T-Mobile SIM, B71 works.

Robert

14 minutes ago, Robert7 said:

So if it is a lock Sprint phone and and i put  a tmobile  sim it will work ? With  the tmobile sim b41 work?

No, because its sim locked.

• 4 weeks later...

So this finally happened... 

I hate how I can’t choose which LTE band I can connect to, phone keeps jumping between band 13, 25, and now this. Prob gonna switch to Android. I wish my phone would stop camping on band 25 which is completely useless here in Humacao. It rarely stays on band 13, nowadays. 

E8BB4F10-4E98-499F-AE05-73F7B669C455.png

07AE06C5-68EF-4498-A584-BDE46896E3B3.png

1 hour ago, imatute said:

So this finally happened... 

I hate how I can’t choose which LTE band I can connect to, phone keeps jumping between band 13, 25, and now this. Prob gonna switch to Android. I wish my phone would stop camping on band 25 which is completely useless here in Humacao. I rarely connect to band 13, nowadays. 

E8BB4F10-4E98-499F-AE05-73F7B669C455.png

07AE06C5-68EF-4498-A584-BDE46896E3B3.png

That’s strange. 1250 is an LTE Band 3 EARFCN. I’m not entirely sure what’s happening there...

On 12/18/2018 at 12:44 AM, lethalboy said:

Sprint coverage is now improved?? Well.. thats what they are saying right now 

Improved where? Here in PR (Southwest side), Sprint is still awful. It would be nice if my phone could stay on B13.

On 12/17/2018 at 11:44 PM, lethalboy said:

Sprint coverage is now improved?? Well.. thats what they are saying right now 

High possibility that's the native tmobile roaming. They use b66 instead of b4 in alot of places nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, lethalboy said:

Any news or upgrades?? West area? So quiet here 

The best way we get information is by people going to sites and taking pictures and using Signal Check Pro.  Then you will know what is there and what coming. If you need help, just take pictures of every rack on the tower and post them here.  For the price of your typical lunch,  we are willing to share our sponsor data with you, which will help you find the right towers much much sooner.

Sprint in Mayaguez urban area is so much  better now...but if you move to the rural area from Mayaguez to Las Marias or from Mayaguez to Maricao most people use road 106( from km 4 to km 13)  the problem is  b25 is so  weak no b13 nor b41 there...even Tmobile  with b4 b66 or b2 no b71 there  you cant open a video if you are  in the house nor answer a call. What i see competitors use a tower in Rio Canas from the west side  and two towers that are in road 349 moving from downtown mayaguez through bella vista hospital  from the east side to cover that important area .In those two tower in road 349  no b13 from Sprint no b71 from Tmobile.. and people that is a must.!!!!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
How can I find out if there are any updates regarding LTE B41 and/or CA?
Looking at your local Sprint cell sites and identifying the 2.5 radios or M-mimo units is always a good bet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Things have improved alot here in the VI market, I still detect the occasional band 13 but still don't connect to it and band 41 won't ever happen here but they made lots of improvements to band 25 including carrier aggregation. 

Things have improved alot here in the VI market, I still detect the occasional band 13 but still don't connect to it and band 41 won't ever happen here but they made lots of improvements to band 25 including carrier aggregation. 
Why will B41 not happen?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

On 6/9/2019 at 11:52 PM, Tengen31 said:

Why will B41 not happen?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Because one of the local companies (Viya) owns and uses that spectrum for the VI market. Not sure what the hold up is with band 13 though. It's shows up occasionally on signal check but it never connects. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...