Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

8 minutes ago, Robert7 said:

Is  there has been a change of plans?  Band 13 has been integrate, but no upgrade in the towers. Is this because of the merge? t mobile are already deploying  band 71 and they promise will be operational by september.. Any thoughts?

Deploying new equipment takes quite a bit of time. You're not going to see the turn around in a couple of months. The speed at which they opened up Band 13 to Sprint customers was impressive. The new tri-band equipment has been designed, but it will probably be some time yet before they clear all the hurdles to actual deployment.

And no, the potential merger with T-Mobile has not affected any deployment plans thus far.

• Like 1

Band 13 has a 10 mhz  bw while band 25 is  5 mhz, phones should prioritize band 13 .In places like the mall where  both frecuency have the same strenght  that is not the case

32 minutes ago, Robert7 said:

Band 13 has a 10 mhz  bw while band 25 is  5 mhz, phones should prioritize band 13 .In places like the mall where  both frecuency have the same strenght  that is not the case

Did they not inherit band 25 from Open Mobile as well?

24 minutes ago, banananuts87 said:

Did they not inherit band 25 from Open Mobile as well?

19 minutes ago, Robert7 said:

I think so,  but no upgrades yet

Some of that may have been used for EVDO/1xRTT, so it'll need to be cleared/pared down and they'll need to coordinate the changes with what is left of Open Mobile before Sprint can begin broadcasting LTE on those channels. 

On 6/19/2018 at 7:09 PM, 2fastkuztoms said:

B41 speeds at Mayaguez Plaza 136Mbps faster than Liberty speeds at home...

Yep, B41 is very good in the few areas that have it. Have seen 100 Mbps in the Biology building parking at RUM and in the Yauco Plaza II parking. 30+ Mbps in the Aguadilla Mall parking.

• Like 1

You have nice speeds  at plaza colon  the only place with b41 in mayaguez but still a lot  places without this band and b13.. and i guess the mayority of sprint customers dont have a phone with b13 so thats the thing

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Robert7 said:

Well finally i saw a crew working close to the viaduct in Mayaguez last week , they were  changing the panels . Thats a start..!!

Perhaps that crew were from T-Mobile... I have seen many T-Mobile crews putting the equipments for B71 at 600 Mhz.

1 hour ago, lethalboy said:

Well... lets see what happens because b13 speeds are the same of b25.

Agree with that. In my opinion, Sprint current plans on the island are not worth their prices.

On 8/6/2018 at 1:19 PM, Skypr said:

Ok. Did they finish the installation? Mayagüez needs more B41.

It seems they finished.. they replace three small panels. Now there are six bigger panels

2 hours ago, Robert7 said:

Take a look

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Pretty confident the antenna on the left is a dual (tri?) band antenna with Band 25 and Band 41 RRUs attached. I'm not sure what is on the right, I haven't seen that before, but perhaps an antenna for Band 13?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert7 said:

Take a look

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

RRH-P4 1.9 4T4R CDMA / LTE

RRH-V3 2.5 8T8R LTE

RFD01P 750 MHz 4T4R LTE

Triband 750 / 1900 / 2500 Samsung configuration. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

RRH-P4 1.9 4T4R CDMA / LTE

RRH-V3 2.5 8T8R LTE

RFD01P 750 MHz 4T4R LTE

Triband 750 / 1900 / 2500 Samsung configuration. 

Is the left hand antenna dual or tri-band? If dual, I didn't know those existed but that's neat.