Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

39 minutes ago, Skypr said:

Can confirm!!!! Saw multiple B13 sites online!!! This was between San German and Sabana Grande. Interestingly, there was no roaming indicator this time.

4ylGItJ.png

Lasted short time.. at least here it switched back to b25 lol

Edited by lethalboy

On my way back to Humacao, I also managed to stay connected to band 13 in Gurabo, Juncos, Las Piedras and, obviously, Humacao. I was getting a high ping though, around 400, and the speeds were anywhere from 0.80 mbps to roughly 2 mbps. 

4 minutes ago, imatute said:

On my way back to Humacao, I also managed to stay connected to band 13 in Gurabo, Juncos, Las Piedras and, obviously, Humacao. I was getting a high ping though, around 400, and the speeds were anywhere from 0.80 mbps to roughly 2 mbps. 

Nice. I was able to stay connected to B13 for more than 30 minutes. At least in my area, I was getting very good speeds and pings of about 55 ms. Guess I'm lucky that Open Mobile is not congested in my area.

I think that Sprint may have fully enabled B13 in all the island or in most of the island.

I was able to successfully connect and use for an extended time B13 at San Germán, Hormigueros and Mayagüez. In Mayagüez, I was receiving B13 inside Sam's Club, Dtop, town center, Mayagüez mall.

It seems that my phone still wants to keep B25 most of the time but I saw that at some areas with B25, the phone preferred B13 instead of B25.

Roaming indicator (R icon) didn't appear in any of the locations I was connected, perhaps the transition is complete.

KnewXkI.jpg8ZgnhqZ.jpg

Edited by Skypr
  • Like 4

I've been on B13 all day and noticed B25 stop showing on signal check.

Edit: B25 showed up again and connected. Must be working on something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, lethalboy said:

Are you people still connecting to b13?  For some reason phone prefers b25 lol.

Yep. My phone still prefers B25 in some areas but I have seen areas where it defaults to B13 even when B25 is available.

21 hours ago, themuffinman said:

Hopefully things go live soon in the VI, I see band 13 but can't connect. 

Just wait a little more. Seen how it has been in PR, it should be fully enabled in a few weeks.

Update: I Have successfully connected for long periods of time to B13 in the following areas: Mayagüez, Hormigueros, San Germán, Sabana Grande, Guánica, Yauco, Guayanilla, Peñuelas and Ponce (Walmart, Plaza del Caribe... all of Ponce).

Some B13 sites are congested but overall, speeds on congested B13 are faster than on congested B25.

Regarding B41... There's B41 near the Mayagüez Town Center and near the road to the Isidoro García Stadium. Sadly, only 1 carrier on B41 in that area.

In Yauco, B41 is absolutely extremely fast. You will find 3x Carrier Aggregation in the Yauco Plaza II area. I have seen speeds of 80 Mbps which are excellent in this area. 

B41 in Ponce... I have only seen B41 briefly near DTOP and the area where Home Depot was originally located in Highway #2.

Overall, B13 was much needed in PR for Sprint to improve. I'm anxious for VoLTE rollout in PR which is critical for Sprint.

At least for now, I don't feel encajonao with Sprint...

Edited by Skypr
  • Like 2

My iPhone stays connected to B13 most of the time, I would say 90% of the time, even when I’m outside. It does this even in places where I previously had full bars on B25. 

1 minute ago, imatute said:

My iPhone stays connected to B13 most of the time, I would say 90% of the time, even when I’m outside. It does this even in places where I previously had full bars on B25. 

Exactly the same behavior with my Android phone.

Sprint has been down all day on St Thomas, hopefully something good is happening behind the scenes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 6:39 PM, themuffinman said:

Sprint has been down all day on St Thomas, hopefully something good is happening behind the scenes. 

Any update? Are you able to connect to B13 in St. Thomas?

6 hours ago, Skypr said:

Any update? Are you able to connect to B13 in St. Thomas?

Unfortunately, not yet. 

14 hours ago, Robert7 said:

Any news?    Havent seen any workers in the west yet...!

Don't know anything new... B13 is up and running in most of the island and my phone connects to it normally just like B25.

Is  there has been a change of plans?  Band 13 has been integrate, but no upgrade in the towers. Is this because of the merge? t mobile are already deploying  band 71 and they promise will be operational by september.. Any thoughts?