Aguadilla-Isabela-San Sebastian, Puerto Rico

Coamo, Puerto Rico

Guayama, Puerto Rico

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

Ponce, Puerto Rico

San German-Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Yauco, Puerto Rico

Reading this made me one hell of a happy BORICUA sprint user'!!!

I suddenly feel an urge to finnally get me an EVOLTE!!!!!!:D:lol::rolleyes:;):P:wub::)^_^

sent from my super smart phone.....htcEVO4g

Finished reading the 5 pages on this topic bout PR and the eagerly awaited 4G and my curiosity made me do this!!!!

Try and connect my OG EVO and guess what!!!!!! Look down...ohh and BTW I'm at Mayagüez PR 00680

a8emygu7.jpg

This is an original EVO? You're connecting to WiMax protection sites.

Yep original evo.... the speeds were super better but couldn't send mms.... can u tell me why and explain the protection stuff...

I can't speak for the gs3 but there is definitely a problem with the gnex connecting with data. When I am in st. thomas(and PR) if I reset both my evo and my gnex, my evo will connect to 3g right away but it would take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, if not longer, for my gnex to finally connect to 3g. There is definitely an issue specific to the gnex for sure.

The icon at the status bar says 3g but in my case its not accurate, go to settings>about phone>status and check for 1x or Evdo.

mines says 3g at the top and 1x in settings.

Sweet! Its nice to see Puerto Rico getting some early love with network vision. Now service won't be so bad when I go over there in the future. When I went this past summer, service was not very good but my location may have played a big part of that.

The icon at the status bar says 3g but in my case its not accurate, go to settings>about phone>status and check for 1x or Evdo.

Oh I know. When it connected I went in to settings and checked to make sure.

Weird... what does your EVDO engineering screen show on the AA/AAA auth?

Wonder if they have an issue with the GNex AAA Keys in their database causing you not to auth. This would do exactly what you are talking about. It would try several times then fall back to 1X. Saw this back in the day when I tried to EVDO roam on VZW before they auth'd everyone.

You are SID 5142 for your area?

Yep original evo.... the speeds were super better but couldn't send mms.... can u tell me why and explain the protection stuff...

WiMax is not administered by sprint and therefore cannot support MMS or SMS or voice calls.

As far as protection sites, there is a comprehensive analysis in the wimax section called what is a protection site or something to that effect.

• Like 1

CDMA1X is 3G, as is EV-DO. So, the 3G indicator is accurate, but not all flavors of 3G are equal.

The Sprint PCS Vision and Power Vision indicators used to make the distinction far more clear.

AJ

• Like 2

Wonder if they have an issue with the GNex AAA Keys in their database causing you not to auth. This would do exactly what you are talking about. It would try several times then fall back to 1X. Saw this back in the day when I tried to EVDO roam on VZW before they auth'd everyone.

thats on debug mode right? i may need to call sprint to get my msl and the tech did say something about the SID of the phone or something.

WiMax is not administered by sprint and therefore cannot support MMS or SMS or voice calls.

As far as protection sites, there is a comprehensive analysis in the wimax section called what is a protection site or something to that effect.

Thnc a lot...... ill read about it!!!;)

SID 5149 auth says none

Edited by Gab2012

Same thing happened to my E4GT yesterday. Sprint said it was defective and ordered a new one. I think the network is defective not the phone, but hey at least it's a new phone.

I agree with you, but its wierd that it stopped working randomly. The new phone I just got is working perfectly.

I agree with you, but its wierd that it stopped working randomly. The new phone I just got is working perfectly.

Mine is supposed to arrive today. I need to call them in the afternoon. Let's see what happens..

Probably yours had a defective radio or something.

These sites are On Air right now : NV 3G

#Sites City

1 Aguadilla

2 Aguada

1 Moca

1 Añasco

2 Rincon

I hope that MAYAGÜEZ gets it soon!!!!

Check this speed test I did at Guanica today, NV 3g should be online, on this area..

Bro.... como van bregando el gs3 y evolte?....need info pa ver cual me compro....

Bro.... como van bregando el gs3 y evolte?....need info pa ver cual me compro....

Personalmente entre esos 2 te recomiendo el Evo.

Nada pero NADA se compara a la calidad de HTC fabricando telefonos. Veo que tienes un HTC evo original, ese telefono me duro casi 3 a~os mientras mi galaxy nexus ha sido cambiado 4 veces en 2 meses.